Character selection taunt?

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
I dont know what its called, but have you seen in budokai games when the fight starts after the map has loaded and you and your opponent make a statement before the fight starts e.g

Goku: alright! lets do this!
Vegeta: Ive been waiting for this kakarot!

On the esf Updates you guys posted a vegeta taunt video, thats exactly what im talking about! After you have picked your character can they maybe do a taunt like that when you first spawn on the battlefield? same with the camera angles?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont know what its called, but have you seen in budokai games when the fight starts after the map has loaded and you and your opponent make a statement before the fight starts e.g

Goku: alright! lets do this!
Vegeta: Ive been waiting for this kakarot!

On the esf Updates you guys posted a vegeta taunt video, thats exactly what im talking about! After you have picked your character can they maybe do a taunt like that when you first spawn on the battlefield? same with the camera angles?
Hmm... while it might seem like a good idea at first, it will just end up bringing the new player into the spotlight of those already playing, and you would end up losing those precious seconds watching your character taunt instead of getting out of the way.

With Budokai, since there is a countdown, and all(both) the players are static, it helps to set up the match. In ESF, where players spawn/join left and right, it would bog down the fast paced nature of gameplay, and be detrimental to the player taunting.

Ultimately, up to the Devs.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I think there is character taunt in the 1.2.3, when you spawn you can hear the character saying something.

man i've been lots of times at moddb.com but i didnt check those videos....

how stupid of me, thanks grega

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I think there is character taunt in the 1.2.3, when you spawn you can hear the character saying something.
There is no such thing in 1.2.3

They added in selection screen taunts while you switch the characters in ECX, but that was still only in the selection screen

Former Forcepit Member :(
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Hold on there is a taunt plugin you can use

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
Yeah, ever since i looked at the vegeta taunt video it just had me wondering if all characters had their own unique taunt just after you select them, im not talking about binding keys to a taunt button which you can use whenever you want.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, ever since i looked at the vegeta taunt video it just had me wondering if all characters had their own unique taunt just after you select them, im not talking about binding keys to a taunt button which you can use whenever you want.
The Vegeta and Frieza videos as more or less DT just playing with animations. Nothing major really intended with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom