Working on First Human Character

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well kind of. I started a 1/3 of a Goku during the winter and never went back to it, so I had a chance to experiment with making a face and a body.

Right now I am in a "Advanced 3D modeling and texturing"class and I decided to make a 3D model of a character of mine. He's a comic book/anime style of drawing, so the eyes are bigger, the clothes more stylized, etc. So I Iam not going for a photorealistic look. I am trying to have accurate anatomy though since h is a strong dude. Here's what I've made in the past 3 weeks.

I am also starting/trying to get the hang of edge loops. They are making my modeling easier and I expect them to help out when it's time to animate/rig them. One thing I am curious is if abdominals stick too far out or something? He looks like he has fat there.

Last edited:
Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my critics go like this:

- head a tad bigger first
- longer neck
- forearms are a lot longer than the upper arm atm, they should be pretty much the same length
- from the side, you should move his butt in front a little, so that he follows the side body line like in the ref i provided, that should fix the fat look
- also note the pecks from the side on the ref and how it goes with your model, the tip of it should be pulled back a bit

nice job in learning this, I'm always happy to see your progress, keep it up :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wooooo yes I need something like this thank you for that ref and the crits

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom