Aura size increasing along with power level

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
As the title says I always thought that the aura size increases slightly but noticeably around the characters when their power levels increase in the show. It would be really nice to see that in the game :). Makes you feel more powerful and also balances things a lil bit as u can spot a powerful guy easier from a distance because of his aura size and maybe try and shoot him down with a final flash for instance?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe not for the normal game modes, but perhaps in the "Broly" mode where all characters gang up on one overpowered one.

I've seen this idea implemented in quite a few games.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You would probably hardly notice it, since people generally do not stay stationary in this game. Plus, what's the maximum size we are talking? I mean, when you start with 700,000 PL, and you'd have the chance to get all the way up to 999,999,999 PL, your aura would be ginormous. Either that, or you'd hardly see the difference between 1 million and 25 million PL.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
or maybe increased size after certain pl's...
lets say you get this cool aura at 50m xp wich is hard to get in a normal game i'd say.
so an increase at each 5 or 10m would be possible i guess...
but still i don't think this is implementable for having a model being resized ingame. or they should make a few aura models but thats just postponing the release even more ^^ and beside of that some fans might get a mod for esf that adds things like ecx did and eea in the old days... who knows

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Auras have always remained of constant size in Dragon Ball despite enormous power-ups. IMO it would just get in the way.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We tried this with the RaD addon and it just looked horrible. I mean It went 1.0x,1.1x,1.2x,1.3x, etc....

It was a baaaad idea. That and it kinda looks like the character can't control his power.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
then again when rad existed the aura's weren't as nice as the once we have no...
i'm talking bout the ecx / solent aura...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They are all the same. We used Darksun's and it will still look horrible.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Is there a way to make the aura's more visible without making them larger? Auras would seem to be a great way of highlighting other players and spotting enemies without having to put a floating colored crystal or other type of thing over their heads.

I like the idea of the Broly mode someone suggested above. That game mode would be alot like Plain Sight minus the auto targeting.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is there a way to make the aura's more visible without making them larger? Auras would seem to be a great way of highlighting other players and spotting enemies without having to put a floating colored crystal or other type of thing over their heads.

I like the idea of the Broly mode someone suggested above. That game mode would be alot like Plain Sight minus the auto targeting.
cl_drawdiamonds 0

Put that into the console and youll be rid of those crystals. Be warned without them its really really hard to tell the positions of other players.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cl_drawdiamonds 0

Put that into the console and youll be rid of those crystals. Be warned without them its really really hard to tell the positions of other players.
Thats what he meant to suggest didn't he? To be able to spot players without the diamonds. I think he meant it for the Final and not 1.2.3.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah I was talking about the final. I wasnt sure what method they were using to highlight the players in final so i just used the diamonds as an example.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The final doesnt have diamonds anymore.

So i guess suggestion accepted ^^;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom