Capt. Ginyu - Kami's Palace Video

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
About the Ginyu update, am sure its just the lighting but it looks like it was made for Open Beta. Not jazzy enough maybe. Otherwise the model looks great.

Best answers
You guys.......are SO DAMN AWESOME!!!!
That's it....
I can't take anymore of your awesomeness......

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I love the quality!!Well job...The details on the wall and the weather with the music, very good movie.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If i would compare quality of lookout with other maps then I would immediately delete/redo platform

I'm satisfied with buildings and trees on platform (even if its not 100% accurate) but somehow I don't see platform fit in

From what I see you just textured little modified sphere and that's it while i thought esf is going for really detailed things

No hard feelings, I was just pointing something out and maybe you'll take some suggestions

If you will stick with current platform then at least you should fix uvw on some parts (e.g. make lines go straight on red part)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess I don't get your complaints hunter? The lines are straight, the shot was taken at an angle on a geometric hemisphere. Which is accurate to the show. Unless what you want is there to be a lot more detail in the platform itself to make it almost perfectly round. Which would be a huge waste of polygons.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Platform itself has minimum model details - everything is within textures... I'm not saying it doesnt look good, its just that when you compare it to the quality of other maps or quality of buildings and trees on platform then platform itself doesnt fit in

What im for is adding more model details to it...

And no lines are not straight - judging from the video its needs fixing in unwraps

Last edited:
sweet
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Awesome ... nothing more to say :shocked:

edit : i saw one problem ... leaves of the trees moved but i can't see the trees how they move ... they are staying on the spot and nothing more .

Last edited:
Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm still pretty sure that it's not a UV issue, but more that it's not a super high poly model/video quality issue.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Platform itself has minimum model details - everything is within textures... I'm not saying it doesnt look good, its just that when you compare it to the quality of other maps or quality of buildings and trees on platform then platform itself doesnt fit in

What im for is adding more model details to it...

And no lines are not straight - judging from the video its needs fixing in unwraps

[url]http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/2686/57173657.jpg[/URL]
Er.. the straight lines have nothing to do with the UVW map, it's the texture itself... which in fact doesn't have any issues at all, so I have no idea where this straight line comment is coming from.

The details of the lower area of the map is fine, especially seeing as how detailed the upper area is. It's cool that you detailed the bottom area of your map and all, but with the poly count, you can't make everything (especially the lower area) extremely detailed without having both performance and poly budget issues.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The Dome looks blocky couse it's kinda low poly, i will try to add more polys with das awsome poly swift toolz

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, I'd rather save on the poly budget. There's realy no reason to even be playing down there :p

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's no reason indeed but you just might get there even if you don't want to. Of course the map as it is right now looks great so there's nothing to worry about. It's good enough for me. :)

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's realy no reason to even be playing down there :p
That's what she said...

-----------------------------------------

I think it's nice when people respond with crits. Sometimes it's hard to spot errors when you've been looking at the same mesh for hours on end. That being said I don't think that the underside of the platform will stand out a whole lot once you're in game. That is, unless you start playing the new "site seeing" game mode.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the lines he is talking about are the vertical black lines within the red area. Kinda looks like a simple mouse paint brush kinda job. I could be wrong.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys are really nailing it now. good stuff.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh...i see. I didn't read it carefully in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom