steam problem!!

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Take the yellow cable that went into the router and plug it straight into the cpu. Thats what Sicron meant.

Now why didn't i think of that.

Proud owner of ESF:Final
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
ok i did my internet good a bit faster somehow but its still dont work lol-.-

---------- Double Post below was added at 06:20 AM has been merged with this post created 06:18 AM at ----------

lol i disabled my internet now to start steam in offline mode and ? its still saying that crap i dont know why i dont need to connect steam when i want to play offline lol!!!!!!!!!!

ok guys and here is the present of all this ****(when i can say this bad word)
: i took my laptop to my friends house his steam is workin great!
i connected with his router and then tried to login and waht now? you guys can guess it ...

its still the same ******* problem-.-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so the problem isnt from my router it must something to do with my laptop -.- i tried steam now on my sisters laptop and my fathers pc and steam is workin there-.-

but i must tell you guys this

i downloaded a cracked steam game(just cause 2) and after that i think it didnt work because i must install the game trough steambackup shoul i delete the files form this game? hope it works then !!!

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You downloaded a cracked game? Well, that may be your problem right there. Maybe you're banned. I don't know if Steam gives you a special message to inform you that you are banned, or that they just give you a "can't connect" message.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You downloaded a cracked game? Well, that may be your problem right there. Maybe you're banned. I don't know if Steam gives you a special message to inform you that you are banned, or that they just give you a "can't connect" message.
no im not banned i sended then an e-mail in steam support they dont know the reason to bann me i didnt download it trough steam just an ilegaly version with intall trough steambackup.exe

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I find it sort of suspicious that you just happen to install an illegal Steam game, and then Steam just happens to stop working. Either way, nobody knows what your problem is now. If we don't know, AND the Steam support team doesn't know what is wrong...you're best off reinstalling your entire windows.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah but that steam backup would install INTO steam, thus letting valve know you did something fishy. Steam is a pretty complex program, even running something minutely related to steam in some unofficial way would tip it off. Ask steam support once again, don't tell them what you did though or you WILL lose your account.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not telling them what he did, will not help him at all. Because the guys over at Steam just wouldn't know what is wrong. His best bet would probably be to just play dumb. Tell them one of your friends gave you this 'free' game, and he installed it on your pc. Maybe that will 'fool' them.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
ym friend installed now the same just cause 2 what i installed his steam is not workin anymore to lkol im going to uninstall it after i finshed the game then il post here my results if it did work or not hope it will

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not telling them what he did, will not help him at all. Because the guys over at Steam just wouldn't know what is wrong. His best bet would probably be to just play dumb. Tell them one of your friends gave you this 'free' game, and he installed it on your pc. Maybe that will 'fool' them.
But wouldn't steam devs already know that he can't connect cause he's banned? But yeah, playing dumb might actually work.

filipe, lets hope that your problem is due to Just Cause and not because you'r banned. The latter might be heartbreaking.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
ok guys i installed my win7 again no games here i download now steam and its not workin when i try to login with another account its not workin to i asked the support if im banned but they sayd no well i know why my only steam games are half-life 1 and 2 and counter strike and i dont play much those games onyl esf^^

well it must be another problem--.-

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Am at a complete loss here. Try making a new account and see if you can log in. If you can, something is wrong with your account, if not, steam isn't being able to connect to the server. Let us know how it is.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Am at a complete loss here. Try making a new account and see if you can log in. If you can, something is wrong with your account, if not, steam isn't being able to connect to the server. Let us know how it is.
this is what i did i registered in a new e-mail and then in steam with it i cannot login wtf **** steam network problems-.-

Force Pit Member
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I read up on the issue, it seems Microsoft Security Essentials has issues with Steam. Did you try making an exception in your anti-virus for steam? If you can't iI would find maybe another free antivirus out there... If you make an exception in your antivirus with windows firewall off it should connect. Also try running steam as administrator if using vista/7.

Oh and updating your router's Firmware could be another step in the right direction.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i deinstalled microsoft security essentials still the same problem

all ports are open also firewall let steam trough -.-

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It obviously has something to do with the illegal game he installed, seeing as his friend has the exact same problem after installing the exact same game. It probably corrupted his steam or steam account in some way.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
well he can now login but i ccannot-.-

i already deleted all files

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have you tried logging in on another machine, preferably one that's not using your network? This is certainly a strange case. Although this should clarify if it's your connection or your account.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
on my vathers pc its neither not workin i installed my win7 again and only installed here now steam its still dont workin even not with my another accoun-.-

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is your father's machine in the same house as you? If it's a network/connection problem, it's not likely to work if it is it. If possible, visit a friend and try logging into their account and then your own. A different machine on a different network removes a few variables, hopefully narrowing the problem down a little.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He tried it Doku.

ok guys and here is the present of all this ****(when i can say this bad word)
: i took my laptop to my friends house his steam is workin great!
i connected with his router and then tried to login and waht now? you guys can guess it ...

its still the same ******* problem-.-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so the problem isnt from my router it must something to do with my laptop -.- i tried steam now on my sisters laptop and my fathers pc and steam is workin there-.-

but i must tell you guys this

i downloaded a cracked steam game(just cause 2) and after that i think it didnt work because i must install the game trough steambackup shoul i delete the files form this game? hope it works then !!!
So its like he said, the problem is either with his laptop (Try on someone elses Laptop filipe) or with the account itself.

I think he's banned for trying Just Cause 2. Steam doesn't start spazzing for absolutely no reason. But thats just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom