News Update 9/6/10 - It's over 900000000!!!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're wrong. Vegeta reached SSJ2 through intense training, as everything points to, including official guides, etc. Here, I corrected you :D. Anyway if you're interested in this, check Daizenshuu EX (#1 English Dragon Ball source) forums. People with a lot of DB knowledge (who are always referring to manga, often its original Japanese version) are active there.

I don't mind Majin Vegeta being in-game, but it shouldn't replace normal SSJ2. Moreover, it doesn't make sense to transform that way. Vegeta wen't from normal to Majin SSJ to Majin SSJ2. Majin versions of SSJ and SSJ2 Vegeta should be allowed for custom models IMO, leaving normal SSJ transformations as default. Armored version SSJ and USSJ versions for custom models would be awesome too.
Majin Vegeta never replaced normal SSJ2, because Majin is SSJ2......... and Majin has always been after SSJ in ESF.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin Vegeta -> Run -> Self-Sacrifice in the middle of Fights.

EVM Vegeta.

But if Majin Vegeta were in this, I would actually like to see a Downside to it as well. Like how SSJ3 has a fast Ki drain but maybe Majin loses a certain amount of ki so they have to fight a lot more to gain that transformation back if they die.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its a transformation as in a transformation.

Nothing special. Nothing less and nothing more. You guys are thinking to much about it.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think of it as Vegeta form 3 ^^. Regardless, I'm seriously liking the new Vegeta, his face really captures his bad attitude. It's a shame we'll be stuck staring at his backside in game.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If Vegeta can transform in SSJ2, why he didn't transform in SSJ2 in DBGT? He only reached SSJ4 with help of Bulma..

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everybody knows that DBGT was bull****.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah i know that too... :) But DBZ and DBGT it doesn't make sence... if Vegeta in DBZ can turn in SSJ2 than in DBGT Vegeta actualy its weaker than in DBZ.... i don't know how to explain.. bad english.. bad DBGT... xD :D

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah i know that too... :) But DBZ and DBGT it doesn't make sence... if Vegeta in DBZ can turn in SSJ2 than in DBGT Vegeta actualy its weaker than in DBZ.... i don't know how to explain.. bad english.. bad DBGT... xD :D
Yea and in DBZ they say that if you die in the other world you stop existing, yet Frieza and Cell just kept reapearing in GT.

GT is total bull****. And we are ignoring its very existance.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone was weaker in DBGT.

Gohan could go Super Saiyan, and was beaten by Goten with minimal effort, then it is shown that Vegeta is actually stronger than Gohan..

Listen, I dun care how long Gohan hasn't trained in, he had his FULL POTENTIAL UNLOCKED, he was strong enough to fight Super Buu, who could kill Vegeta or Goku with ease, really. It doesn't really matter, anyways, DBGT doesn't exist for real fans. :p

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You naughty you. :D
I'm not naughty!

GT had to be the weakest branch of the franchise, I was hoping for a cross between the Namek Saga and DB in terms of adventure. At least it brought us Vegeta with a mustache.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin Vegeta never replaced normal SSJ2, because Majin is SSJ2......... and Majin has always been after SSJ in ESF.
What? I very clearly said that IMO normal (that means no additional stuff, like Majin powerup) SSJ transformations should be left as default. You really should stop picking a part of post with with you could argue and read the whole ****ing post.

Majin Vegeta did replace normal SSJ2 and it's no longer normal SSJ2, but Majin SSJ2.
And if Majin has always been after SSJ in ESF (in how many Open Betas, I wonder), does that mean that it can't change? Vegeta always had armor in ESF. UNTIL ESFF. So get better arguments?

P.S. I hate how people make an argument referring to GT's logic and everyone from then on starts posting their opinion of GT.

Last edited:
2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We chose the Majin transformation because it literally triggered Vegeta's SSJ2 transformation for the first time, plus it's more unique, plus it's more epic and dynamic, PLUS... that was our decision.
You can always remove the "M" from his forehead after ESF final is released, if it bothers you so badly. But that's how it's going to be.

If and when we decide to give Vegeta an alternate outfit, it will be the armored version, and his last transformation will be USSJ. That's about it.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We chose the Majin transformation because it literally triggered Vegeta's SSJ2 transformation for the first time, plus it's more unique, plus it's more epic and dynamic, PLUS... that was our decision.
Vegeta had achieved SSJ2 before becoming Majin, so only the unique, more epic and dynamic part applies.

You can always remove the "M" from his forehead after ESF final is released, if it bothers you so badly.
It doesn't bother me "so badly". I just commented the strange decision of making Vegeta Majin out of nothing. I also added my own, honest opinion of how things should be. No offence ofc.

If and when we decide to give Vegeta an alternate outfit, it will be the armored version, and his last transformation will be USSJ. That's about it.
That, sir, is a correct way of thinking.

Last edited:
2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegeta had achieved SSJ2 before becoming Majin, so only the unique, more epic and dynamic part applies.
True, let me correct myself.
Vegeta's SSJ2 transformation was first VISUALLY seen during the Majin transformation. That's what we're going for.

And thanks everyone. =]
GG and I actually finished Vegeta a month ago I believe. So think about it this way, we still have a lot of content hidden behind the scenes, which we will slowly share with you as we progress. ;]

There's a lot to look forward to! ^_^

Last edited:
whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Quote Originally Posted by Super Veggeto View Post
Vegeta's SSJ2 transformation was first VISUALLY seen during the Majin transformation. That's what we're going for.

And thanks everyone. =]
GG and I actually finished Vegeta a month ago I believe. So think about it this way, we still have a lot of content hidden behind the scenes, which we will slowly share with you as we progress. ;]

There's a lot to look forward to!

Your wrong DT- go read the manga again- vegeta transes into ssj1 / majin in bobidis ship, they relocate blow up the staduim, relocate again and then goku and vegeta both go ssj2.

It's all right there in the comic man plain as day.

For a forum based on a dragonball game you guys know **** all about dragonball.

Does anyone here even own the manga?

Or is this all just guess work from the eng dub you all half remember from like 8 years ago?

Last edited by wheres_; 1 Hour Ago at 06:18 AM.

Last edited by a moderator:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let me correct you once more.

Vegeta visually went SSJ2 for the first time as Majin Vegeta.
However becoming Majin didn't make him go directly into SSJ2. That's why your decision of replacing normal SSJ2 Vegeta with Majin SSJ2 Vegeta is somehow strange to me. It doesn't really make any DB-sense. It's still better than Majin SSJ2 armored Vegeta, though.

Yes, I get the "that's how it's going to be", but if my very honest opinion means anything to you, this is absolutely wrong and no other DB game would do that. Your only excuse now can be your said "more epic and unique" (which people could argue with) stuff and that ESF is only based on DB.

I could care less as I'm mostly interested in the gameplay and sweet models, but this incorrect way of interpreting Majin and SSJ2 relation just had to be stopped.

Last edited:
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The reason being...Majin Vegeta is badass, this is anime, it doesn't HAVE to make sense.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True again, let me correct myself once more.
Vegeta's SSJ2 transformation was first VISUALLY seen when he was showing it off in front of Goku as Majin Vegeta. That's what we're going for. For real this time. ;P

What you don't realize is that ESF has no back story for the characters. We're just giving them what they need along with what looks right to us in terms of uniqueness, eye-candy and gameplay.
As far as we're concerned, SSJ2 Vegeta was as useful as he could get ONLY as Majin Vegeta. That, from our persective, is SSJ2 Vegeta as far as ESF goes.

In OUR opinion, SSJ2 Majin Vegeta is way more iconic than SSJ2 Vegeta. By a lot. That's why we made that decision.
In fact, it'll probably be the most intense transformation in ESF. It will be the only transformation that is "affected" by "an outside source". Should give you a hint on how it might look like. ^^

It's all right there in the comic man plain as day.

For a forum based on a dragonball game you guys know **** all about dragonball.
Luckily we have you and hleV keeping us sharp with those wiki pages open 24/7. ;]

Some of us watched the anime/read the manga years ago.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom