Half-Life Steam Verification - Required for Official Support

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
[info]Please remember that the verification not required for browsing and posting on the forums outside the support sections of ESF. It's only required when you are having in-game issues / troubles with Earth's Special Forces and wish to gain some help from the community and team members. Non-validated users will not be able to post in the help sections.[/info]
As of today, members are required to validate their forum account via the new validation system in order to receive official support for Earth's Special Forces. The purpose of the new system is to verify legal ownership of Half-Life, allowing us to focus on helping legitimate users. The validation is easy, safe, and quick to do thanks to Steam's OpenID API.

A big thanks to Skizer (Owner of Gamers-Desire) for creating the old validation system. We would also like to thank the ESF team and ForcePit members for helping to test the new system.

As of now, there's a new system in place, developed by fuzzy. It allows you to repeat the validation process for your Steam ID, in case you decide to buy Half-Life.

The purpose of the system is to verify that you own a legal version of Half-Life on Steam, allowing the forum community and the ESF team to focus on helping legitimate users. The ESF Team takes a strong stance against piracy and will not be offering support to those who engage in such activities. And those who validate will be put in their very own "Validation Group" with their own color and the ability to post in the support sections! Users who are already in other groups, like Force Pit, won't have their primary group changed.

[note]The Validation System will only save your SteamID on your forum profile. The SteamID is both hidden and private to you and your fellow forum members. Only moderators, staff and administrators can see it. The information is being saved for a really good reason which will be revealed in the near future.[/note]
First, make sure you're logged in to the forums. Please make sure you're logged in with the account you want to validate. The linked Steam ID cannot be changed afterwards.
Next, it is absolutely mandatory that your Steam Community profile is public!
After you made sure of that, go to: http://validation.esforces.com

From there, you'll see:

When you click on "Sign in through STEAM", you should be forwarded to:

Notice the green "Valve Corporation (US)". This symbol identifies the page as being encrypted, meaning your information is safe and secure.

On the page itself, you should see the following:

Make sure you read the red square so you know that the validation will not steal your steam information! You should only enter your steam username and password on steam official site sites such as https://steamcommunity.com

At the right of the page, you'll see a login box where you can fill in your Steam username and password:

Log in your Steam information so the validation can save your Steam ID to the profile. You'll see a confirmation message containing your Steam ID.

After that, you're back to the start - well, almost. Up next is the actual validation. Again, make sure your Steam Community profile is public!

Depending on whether you have Half-Life or not, you will have either the [img='Account validated.']http://www.esforces.com/HL_yes.png[/img] positive confirmation icon or the [img='Verification unsuccessful - NO SUPPORT']http://www.esforces.com/HL_no.png[/img] negative confirmation icon added to your profile.

If you don't own Half-Life, you can buy it at Steam. After that, you can re-verify. Please note however that the results are cached for 24 hours.

[info]For those who doubt this system, you can always check out Tonjohn's replies, and he works for valve:

This site is using our web api which is completely safe. When you login, you do so on the Steam Community website. ESF does not have access to your password or any super secret material.

-BurtonJ
Valve
While is it possible to spoof the Steam Community website, the URL itself cannot be spoofed.

Instead of logging in when prompted, you can manually login to the Steam Community before doing the ESF verification thing and it should work w/o asking you to log back in (assuming you use the same browser).
[/info]

Should there be any problems with the system, please don't hestitate to PM fuzzy!
Please include all error details and, if possible, screenshots.

Last edited by a moderator:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Finally.... now we can just ignore those who post without verifying their original half life copy

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yup. Now we can just get rid of those eye sores we now call UNVs.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can you stop forcing us to read threads?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Can you stop forcing us to read threads?
It's not like a simple click is killing you.. besides, this should be the last one.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I registered just so i could get my HL validated. :cool:

Thats how much i support you guys!

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it took me 15 tries to login with my forum account :S
something messy there..

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It's late here the time I type, will validate later on. Autologin wins ^^. Finally we'll have less problems with the help section.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NOw people have no excuse :p

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Damn I've been waiting for this ^^ Finally a way to somehow support the ESF-Team :)
Now we/you/anyone can ignore those who don't have a legal copy of HL :D

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Well this is indeed great.

But it only say you need to fill in an steam account.
Everyone can make 1 and use it without having HL on it.
How can you be sure??

Big thanks to Skizer

----

Ah ok I think I see now lol.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This is seriously over-reacting to the whole "be legit" thing :]

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is seriously over-reacting to the whole "be legit" thing :]
We've had a ridiculous number of people asking for support, only to have them reveal they're not using Steam 3 pages later. This way, we can check quickly without the hassle. This helps especially with the ones who try to con us into believing they are using it ^^.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
We've had a ridiculous number of people asking for support, only to have them reveal they're not using Steam 3 pages later. This way, we can check quickly without the hassle. This helps especially with the ones who try to con us into believing they are using it ^^.
"Why not completely block theyr access to the forums then ^_^ ? What good will they get here, theyll just be outcasts now, so once they get HL and get them selfs veryfied they can pop right back into the forums :-/ " /casmsar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom