News Update 7/28/2010 - Frieza Form 2

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
front page said:
Frieza 2 Renders
Posted Jul 29, 2010 by Mastasurf

Well it has been a while hasn't it? There's been a lot of work going on behind the scenes recently. Raven and the other coders have been working hard on new systems and optimizations and we're improving the game every day. But first, as some of you may or may not know Super Vegetto (aka SV) has been working overtime, and he and God Gundam (aka GG) have been making a lot of progress on character models. So today, we'd like to present the new Frieza form 2 model and skin. Not only are the model and skin high quality, but also highly detailed.

Lookin' sexy! One concern though, I'll just copy what I said on moddb:

moddb said:
The model and texture is amazing, but there's one issue I see.

I'm not sure if it's the render, but the style in this picture is just too... realistic and "dark" for ESF, if you get what I'm trying to say. I dunno, it might just be me but from the two renders it just seems like the style won't really fit in ESF.

Still amazing, though. <3 you GG and svvvvvv

Hurray for 5 minute edit timer!

But eh, I shouldn't really be complaining yet, this is just a render and we have yet to see it ingame.
Edit: Also, Karrde or whoever sees this first, can you move this to the News section?

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it looks too "realistic" or "dark" for ESF. Visually, each character should be given appropriate touches like this. Such is, perfect Frieza. Way to go! :cool:

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It may have been a while since Toriyama got really drunk and started drawing comics, but it took ESF to finally make Friezas second form look cool ^^

Beastly! Great job guys <3

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kickass model. Very HQ, no complaints here :)

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it looks too "realistic" or "dark" for ESF. Visually, each character should be given appropriate touches like this. Such is, perfect Frieza. Way to go! :cool:
Like I said, it's probably just the render. I wouldn't be surprised if it fit perfectly ingame ;p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It probably looks dark because it was rendered with light emanating from the sides/back instead of full frontal light. It will look a lot 'better' (or should I say different, since this is not 'bad') ingame. The only thing I don't 'like' about this model is how the tail is relatively low poly compared to the rest of the body. Then again, I don't think anything can be done about this, without adding a ****load of polies to the tail and adding a lot of bones to the tail. Model looks great though!

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah we can't go killer poly for a lot of stuff because HL limits us.

🌠 Staff
Best answers
heh, well, considering that form 3 shares the same form, form 2's 4800 polycount isnt bad, form 3 is slightly above that, closer to 5k. its just one of those annoying parts that needs to be considered, all these forms share parts of the body, 1-2-3, so if i want them all to stay under a certain area in the polycount numbers, like 5k, than i have to make sure everything is low enough here and there so that when i re-use parts the next one will still be under the limit. wont make sense either if ones higher count than the other, I like consistency, but meh, tbh the tail prob wont bend as much as it does in that one render ingame a whole lot, youll hardly notice its lower poly

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No other DB game has such well made models.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Boogyman, it's DT, what do you think is gonna happen? :p I think he's gonna do an update on stuff that he's been working on later.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol yeah guys.. I get my update soon.. :)
you guys are gonna LOVE IT!

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Well I think esf-team couldnt find a better team for moddeling then GG and SV (dont say others arent good^^).
Again another good looking model pops out of theyre head.

I gonna love this character.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reminds me of a 360 Model. Great Job guys. Keep this up and Atari will be demanding you guys to shut down for making better showcasing.

Best answers
if atari would somehow remake esf on every platform, it would be the most popular db game ever.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if atari would somehow remake esf on every platform, it would be the most popular db game ever.
That wouldnt Be hard if atari baught the halflife engine from Valve that and if the esf Team Baught the Licencing Rights from Taioanimation

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That wouldnt Be hard if atari baught the halflife engine from Valve that and if the esf Team Baught the Licencing Rights from Taioanimation
Why would Valve give up all the money it could make off ESF? They'd be insane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom