News Update 7/28/2010 - Frieza Form 2

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if atari would somehow remake esf on every platform, it would be the most popular db game ever.
Thats false info. Without a mouse to control the aim, ESF cannot be played. You would end up getting your ass handed to you by every single ESF noob if you switched the mouse for a joystick XD

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well i get my ass handed to me on a plate anyway so that doesn't matter to me -.-

but the model looks good.
and tbh like some say the more realistic look looks awesome to me.
for a free and fun game like esf i really wouldn't ask for much more then what you already achieved so gj :yes:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That wouldnt Be hard if atari baught the halflife engine from Valve that and if the esf Team Baught the Licencing Rights from Taioanimation
The Half Life engine is not needed to make ESF work. If they were to buy the rights to ESF (even though I think they already technically own the rights, not sure though) they would most likely use a far more optimized engine. Like I said before, what the team is doing is great with all the graphical advancements. But most new engines nowadays already have pretty much all these feature, work better and more optimized, and even have features the HL engine does not (ragdoll/euphoria physics for example).

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's probably the angle, but it looks like he's wearing a necklace under his skin. I remember him having those muscles there from the series, however they do look a bit weird in the model. But like I said before, it's probably me. :(
Besides that it looks absolutely amazing, can't wait to see it ingame!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I am starting to think that Valve are monitoring this mod and wait for it to fully get finished so they can buy it and sell it... eeeevvvvioooolll.

But seriously, I wonder why Atari didn't give you a cease and desist yet?

Squaresoft did that to a Chrono Trigger remake team...

Force Pit Member
Best answers
So was CT Resurrection, as I believe it was called

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesn't matter if it is free or not, you are still using someone else's concept for your own 'good' while not having permission to do it. That said, I wonder if Funimation even knows of the existence of ESF. How many DBZ mods had a C&D from them? None that I know of, not real C&D's at least.

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
Can't you use more bodygroups in the QC File if you can't compile it because one SMD has too much poly?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can't you use more bodygroups in the QC File if you can't compile it because one SMD has too much poly?
Thats why we have a hacked compiler for ESF. We CAN compile models with higher polygon amounts than the standard MDL compiler supports.
Same reason why we CAN have 512 animations instead of standard HL 127

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
Thats why we have a hacked compiler for ESF. We CAN compile models with higher polygon amounts than the standard MDL compiler supports.
Same reason why we CAN have 512 animations instead of standard HL 127
Awesome then, so no need for many bodygroups, will this compiler be released with ESF:F too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom