Forum Update this saturday / sunday

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Yay facebook integration. I don't know how we got through life before this.
Makes things easier for me though ^^, but it's not enabled :)

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yay facebook integration. I don't know how we got through life before this.
Be prepared for a whole new chapter in your life, Facebook has arrived...for YOU!

Sky no offense, but, whenever you update something, 9 out of 10 times.. it does break. And while we...veterans of your mishaps, have withstood many of these trials, I foresee a problem in the near-future. See, the thing is, when ESF:F is released, the forums will be surging with activity again. You'll probably have a couple of thousand people on here (granted, 90% will be idiots trying to play this game without Steam). Whenever you start updating, and most likely inevitably, you do **** up the forums once, you will not be *****ed against by the 3 people that do now. But probably by those 90% of morons.

See, the forums work. We can post, admins can do all their stuff. No more is needed. So there is no point in updating. That's why 'professional' companies don't update: if ain't broke, don't fix it. And while I understand that these forums are yours (and that you have a certain sexual obsession with updating everything that is update-able), and right now it isn't a huge problem when something breaks. You have a certain 'obligation' towards to community when it starts to grow again, as you are the teams PR guy. And you really need to make a selection and ask yourself, "Do I need this update in order to make this forum run better?" Widgets and facebook integration don't make a forum run better.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I'd say that's wrong. The last 4 / 5 updates that I've done only broke customized templates and plugins. So please, don't give me such excuses. And I'm not sure where you got the idea that I'm the PR, but that's not my duty, though I do some of them. Do you see "PR" on the team page on my name? As for the future, when the forums are running more popular, I'll be getting a duplicate forum up to test the upgrade on before applying it on the first.

if ain't broke, don't fix it
Hearing that a lot, and I tend to disagree. Bugs are there to be fixed, with this release having tons of fixes for those bugs. Features are nice to have, but I rather fix quite a few bugs first. Take Team Fortress 2 for example. They keep fixing and breaking stuff all the time at the same time. And they are a professional gaming company. The games playable, why update?

The update went smoothly without any kind of problems. The only problems was the top 10 box below the chat box which was fixable within 2min and a few template issues that I manually edited.. That's it. So really, what's the big deal. Nothing got broken, everything is fine. Every update has been going fine for the last 5 updates.

Widgets and facebook integration don't make a forum run better.
But countless of bug fixes does. Heck, don't even care about facebook integration. That was already on the forums for a few months. As far as I know, the latest update even has a performance increase on loading pages faster.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unlike TF2, we are not affected by the vast majority of bugs that exist on the forum, and so the forum isn't actually being improved.

You have OCD. Admit it.

Legerdemain Cheese Spread
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Unlike TF2, we are not affected by the vast majority of bugs that exist on the forum, and so the forum isn't actually being improved.

You have OCD. Admit it.
YEAH ADMIT IT SKY! oh and welcome to the forums Nixanthros

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think everyone is making to much of a fuss about this forum update. Really. :/
I agree that both "sides" have a point though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you ****ing kidding me? I forgot that this forum has no privacy policy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom