Iron Man 2 (spoilers)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really, really, really, enjoyed it. Even though Rotten Tomatoes has it at 74%. You have to imagine you just walked out of a theatre where you saw Iron Man 1, and walked right into another threatre to see Iron Man 2. It has a pace issue that makes the movie seem like it's on fast-forward at times, and some stand-alone criticisms would definately have issues with it.

The only thing that bothered me was how Johansson was sort of pulling a Keanu Reaves the entire movie... a lot of dead stares to make up for emotions. Obviously, her face was used to fill production gaps that carried relaxing points in the movie.

Also, what do you think was better... the Captain America or Thor cameo? It seems like both movies are still on. (thx Disney)

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I want my bird.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looking forward to this myself, going to watch Iron Man 1 the same day/day before I see Iron Man 2 at the cinema.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A fantastic sequel. Better villain than the first, and more of the things that made the first one rock. Didn't overextend itself, only enhancing the narrative instead of removing it too far from the first. Loved the lab scenes and the fights (drunk Iron Man ftw). It was just a great time at the movies.

It could never have recaptured the awe from experiencing Iron Man the first time, nothing beats a great first impression. But this was definitely a B+ sequel to an A movie, at least.

Also, Iron Man/War Machine DBZ-style repulsor-beam-struggle....Hell yes!!!

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fantastic film, thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm not too familiar with the comic book lore of Iron Man, but I did have issues with the way the villain was introduced in the opening scenes.

*spoilers*
Drunk Russian guy watches Tony Stark admit he is Iron Man, gets pissed off, dies. Then his son decides to pull out blueprints he just happened to have and decides now is the time to build the epic energy core in order to get revenge. That was just really lame, if you had the skill, technology and raw materials to build that kind of thing, why wouldn't you just do it and sell it for money and be successful? Aside from that though, Mickey Rourke was convincing as the badass Russian villain and the suit fight scenes were awesome.

Johansson was pure eye candy (particularly awesome eye candy if I can say so) so her lackluster character performance didn't bother me as much.

Captain America easter egg was more entertaining as a cameo. The Thor scene, while cool was really more of a preview that the Thor movie is on the cards.

Also there's been a surprising lack of talk about more Samuel L Jackson + eyepatch badassery. Clearly the highlight of both films to date.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I'm not surprised that Samuel L "Mother ****ing" Jackson was in the movie. I'm only surprised when he's NOT in a movie. Regardless, the movie was amazing. It had hilarious one-liners that kept me laughing through out the entire movie. On top of that, the action was amazing, and the story-line, although mediocre at times, was still highly entertaining, and the Thor cameo at the end after the credits got me extremely excited for the third movie. I hear it's only supposed to be a trilogy which depressed me slightly.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Iron Man-War Machine team up was the cinematic equivalent of sex. A liked how each branch of military had a specific design, very comic book-y, but the team up was too short and the final battle was even shorter. Nice job having them fight in Tony's house though that was a fun scene.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only thing that bothered me was how Johansson was sort of pulling a Keanu Reaves the entire movie... a lot of dead stares to make up for emotions. Obviously, her face was used to fill production gaps that carried relaxing points in the movie.
That was really just her character. Clearly you've never read a Black Widow comic.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I though Black Widow was fine. I mean that both aesthetically and her acting. The fight scene made me orgasm. She can do that to me any day.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I loved both movies. The only downer is the fact that the action seens are just too short(in both movies). I would love to watch an epic 20 minute battle with Iron Man and War Machine going at the drones and Ivan. Or while they're fighting Ivan and the drones more drones start coming. Hahaha, okay that was a bit too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom