ESF Dedicated Server for Linux

indeed
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Yes, I do that.
The server run, but it's like that the ecx it's not been installed (the amxx plugins failed, the server run like 1.2.3 original and in server you only can choose 9 character.)
The ECX is not compatible with linux I think...

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
ECX should work with Linux .. I'm pretty sure I've seen some of them work.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're supposed to only install ECX (RC2), not anything else, as it comes with AMXX already. What I'd do is delete my ESF on Windows completely, reinstall ESF, install ECX into it, upload all the files from my Windows into Linux, then do everything according to the tutorial.

indeed
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I do that and doesn't work because the ECX RC2 install an AMXMODX for WINDOWS.. with dll files and without the .so .
Ohhh... I completely forgot about that. Well you should only take certain files from Linux AMXX. Did you try replacing the .dll files with respective .so files? I know ECX alters some of the default AMXX configs, so you may need to check them out.

indeed
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Ohhh... I completely forgot about that. Well you should only take certain files from Linux AMXX. Did you try replacing the .dll files with respective .so files? I know ECX alters some of the default AMXX configs, so you may need to check them out.
klaus said:
If i install the amxmodx for linux and replace the core.ini for the "ECX" core.ini in plugins folder... still not work.
I do that...if not, the amxmodx will not start..
But with the RC2 only installed the errors change...

Code:
L 05/02/2012 - 22:51:14: -------- Mapchange to esf_cell_games_night --------
stray key in process_key: item_getiteminfo 61
L 05/02/2012 - 22:51:14: [B][AMXX] Plugin ("CORE/Core.amxx") is setting itself as failed.[/B]
L 05/02/2012 - 22:51:14: [AMXX] Plugin says: << CRITICAL >> Invalid Earth's Special Forces

L 05/02/2012 - 22:51:14: [AMXX] Run time error 1 (plugin "Core.amxx") - forced exit
L 05/02/2012 - 22:51:15: Called dynanative into a paused plugin.
L 05/02/2012 - 22:51:15: [AMXX] Run time error 10 (plugin "Ascend.amxx") (native "getGameVERSION") - debug not enabled!
L 05/02/2012 - 22:51:15: [AMXX] To enable debug mode, add "debug" after the plugin name in plugins.ini (without quotes).
Looking up breakpad interfaces from steamclient
Calling BreakpadMiniDumpSystemInit
L 05/02/2012 - 22:51:15: Called dynanative into a paused plugin.
L 05/02/2012 - 22:51:15: [AMXX] Run time error 10 (plugin "Dragonball.amxx") (native "getGameMODE") - debug not enabled!
L 05/02/2012 - 22:51:15: [AMXX] To enable debug mode, add "debug" after the plugin name in plugins.ini (without quotes).

indeed
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Well, i made all the changes i know, but the ecx don't run.

Maybe the people who run the ECX on LINUX have other .amxx. Compiled especially for linux. :S or other thing...

I try on ubuntu server 32 and 64 bits and is the same.
The others amxmodx plugins runs fine.

indeed
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
He did not answer the first private message I sent.
Now I will send another.

Thanks !
---
and some thing that i didn't post but maybe serve...

when i put amxx plugins in the console show me this:

(I attach because of the 10919 characters limit) View attachment amxx_plugins_list.txt)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
He did not answer the first private message I sent.
Now I will send another.

Thanks !
---
and some thing that i didn't post but maybe serve...

when i put amxx plugins in the console show me this:

(I attach because of the 10919 characters limit) View attachment 1615)
Code:
[  6] unknown                 unknown     unknown           CORE/Core.amxx   error
The core ESF plugin does not work. Make sure it's in the given location. In case it isn't there and you can't find it get one from esf addon
http://www.amxmodx.org/dl.php?filename=amxmodx-1.8.1-esf.tar.gz and just rename it to Core.amxx then put to the desired location.

#ooops it was like 6months old post

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hey guys,

I have the same problem as mentioned above, the core.amxx wont work on linux platform so there is only the standard 1.2.3 server. ECX wont work.
The last posts about the situation are a bit older so I wanted to ask if there now is any resolution to the problem?

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Apparently SteamCMD doesn't support ESF, so we're forced to stick with HLDS Update Tool (which still works, though not sure if the server can still appear in server browser).

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guide updated.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
@hleV

You might want to include the step "login anonymous" before using the install command.

PS. Followed the instructions, server booted up fine but I started with a gun.

Last edited:
Best answers
Hi,

I am trying to install a dedicated ESF1.2.3 server in CentOS7, the installation seems ok for me.
But when i try to start the server here is the error message:
esf-Dserver-error.JPG

I'm stuck here '+%G?' Lol
Thank you for your help

Best answers
yes, these are the instructions I followed
with CentOS, I have no problem running HL1; Day of Deafeat; Team Fortress; and no problem with HL2; CS:GO; DoD:S; TF2, so i think there should be no problem with ESF

Edit : it's Okay, I needed to recreate liblist.gam and redo SteamCMD>app_update 90 -beta beta validate

Last edited:
Zzz
👑 Administrator
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💠 Sūpā Légéñdārý
Best answers
yes, these are the instructions I followed
with CentOS, I have no problem running HL1; Day of Deafeat; Team Fortress; and no problem with HL2; CS:GO; DoD:S; TF2, so i think there should be no problem with ESF

Edit : it's Okay, I needed to recreate liblist.gam and redo SteamCMD>app_update 90 -beta beta validate
Glad you figured it out also my silly butt didnt notice we were in this actual topic, it was displayed to me as a new post 😅, But i guess your solution is probably good to add?

Best answers
Lol no problem ^^.

I think it's just an encoding problem of the "liblist.gam" file edited on windows then uploaded to linux it was not saved correctly, because I think '+% G?' must come from the DLL dedicated to the windows system
Post automatically merged:

I think it could be interesting and practical to register ESF on LGSM https://linuxgsm.com/
it would give the project a little pep

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom