New Map System Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not to this extent though. Your maps are still made differently than ESFs :p
Are they? To be honest I really know nothing about mapping but I think Ready made Chuunin in 3dsmax. The exportation is of course different, but I think they're still being made in Max. ^^

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
imagine the maps, not just 1 planet to fight on, but a small solar system with multiple planets/asteroids might even be possible, as the mapsizes are virtually limitless.
Yeah... And then Goku could teleport from planet to planet while others would have to fly 5 hours.

What the heck... Team, hack HL's 32 player limit and create "ESF Online" (ESFMMO). That would own DBO, LMAO.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, Goku wouldn't get any special Instant Transmission tricks. All flying to distant planets or islands would be done with a kind of "Super swoop". Basically the same as the normal swoop, except a lot faster, and mouse sensitivity is turned down for 2 reasons. 1) So you don't spazz out at the high speeds and 2) it can't be used for fighting and thus unbalancing the game. Of course, this Super Swoop would only be available in a special Big Maps game mode, so it can't be used in normal, regular map mode.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It wouldn't make sense. Frieza, Cell, Buu, Androids (and maybe Ginyu Force) can travel in cosmos, but Saiyans can't (unless the Saiyan is Broly).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, Goku wouldn't get any special Instant Transmission tricks. All flying to distant planets or islands would be done with a kind of "Super swoop". Basically the same as the normal swoop, except a lot faster, and mouse sensitivity is turned down for 2 reasons. 1) So you don't spazz out at the high speeds and 2) it can't be used for fighting and thus unbalancing the game. Of course, this Super Swoop would only be available in a special Big Maps game mode, so it can't be used in normal, regular map mode.
You see there is a problem with that.

We allready maxed out the speeds. Any faster and the collision detection goes haywire. With such a speed youd end up flying through stuff.

Besides who would want to fly round for 10 minutes to reach an area and fight for 5 minutes just so he can repeat that 10 minute cruse ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ Hlev: Oh come on please, we have had space maps for 1.1 as well. Don't give me that crap. Plus, you could always argue the map would be The Grand Kai Tournament map, Goku managed to survive there.

@ Grega: Well, someone at some point will make a huge map that would require you flying around for 10 minutes. That is the disadvantage of the mapping technique you created, then you might as well go the whole 10 yards and actually accept it as a feature for the game and support huge maps. Of course, if the current speeds are the max speeds without bugging the game, either something new has to be coded for that or you will get people complaining after release about the flying times when someone creats a big map. (Of course, you didn't create it, but you know how most idiots are when they start complaining about this stuff).

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you could always argue the map would be The Grand Kai Tournament map, Goku managed to survive there.
Was it canon?

Anyway I'd like to fly in Namek planet. IMO it's the simpliest planet of all: water + some islands. But yeah, it would suck if you don't have good speed there.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gameplay has to be canon. Characters have to be canon. Attacks have to be canon. Maps don't neccesarily. And even if they have, I can think of a million other possibilities that would make use of planets. What about a proper Snakeway map, with King Kai planet for example?

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If canon thing has no logic, fine, the creator decided so.
If non-canon thing has logic (like Janemba map), fine, whatever.
If non-canon thing has no logic, screw it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron we are thinking of ways to counteract that. But the result is quite similar.

The mapper himself has to do it.

We allready passed HLs speed limits, but we cant do the same with bullets limits. Not unless we want to say screw Linux server support.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ Hlev: Oh come on please, we have had space maps for 1.1 as well. Don't give me that crap. Plus, you could always argue the map would be The Grand Kai Tournament map, Goku managed to survive there.

@ Grega: Well, someone at some point will make a huge map that would require you flying around for 10 minutes. That is the disadvantage of the mapping technique you created, then you might as well go the whole 10 yards and actually accept it as a feature for the game and support huge maps. Of course, if the current speeds are the max speeds without bugging the game, either something new has to be coded for that or you will get people complaining after release about the flying times when someone creats a big map. (Of course, you didn't create it, but you know how most idiots are when they start complaining about this stuff).
Yes, people make bad maps for mods all the time :p

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its an animated texture that apears only when you are close enough to the wall that its placed on.

It tells you where the map ends. Ofcourse the mapper is responsible for placing it.

Didnt you watch the movie?

Half-Life of owner Proud
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm impressed of your work guys!
When I see those news with great updates, I don't think that my PC will handle ESF:F , because he's (PC) so old. :(

Off-Topic:
I know that requirements still unknown, but could I play ESF: Final with this (ofcourse not in the best settings, maybe on the lowest?) :
Code:
AMD Athlon(tm)XP 2800+
2.08 GHz, 512 MB of RAM
GeForce FX 5200

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Are the normal bsp maps still supported with esf final?

The new maps are amazing, wish I could see more of it.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know that requirements still unknown, but could I play ESF: Final with this (ofcourse not in the best settings, maybe on the lowest?) :
Code:
AMD Athlon(tm)XP 2800+
2.08 GHz, 512 MB of RAM
GeForce FX 5200
I'm faily confident you won't.

Are the normal bsp maps still supported with esf final?

The new maps are amazing, wish I could see more of it.

nope

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its an animated texture that apears only when you are close enough to the wall that its placed on.

It tells you where the map ends. Ofcourse the mapper is responsible for placing it.

Didnt you watch the movie?
i watched the movie but i am spanish and i dont know some word like boundry.NOw i know what is thank grega:yes:

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm faily confident you won't.
Not enough GHz, RAM or crappy video card?

What have you done to ESF that you can't even play it on the lowest settings? ;(

And what about this?

Code:
AMD Sempron 2600+ 2.0 GHz
1 GB RAM
GeForce 7600 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom