GTKRadiant

Best answers
I know this isn't directly related to esf but I need ur help. I am trying to create a map. In that I want to create cylindrical walls for a room ( which look cylindrical when viewed from outside and inside). I create a cylinder using the cylinder brush but only one side of that brush is visible. I can't even use it as a room cause I can't make it hollow. :(

Same is the problem for making a spherical object. The sphere brush creates a diamond kinda thing instead of a sphere. Plz help me out.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Same problem as with the cylinder. Its built as a mass object rather than a hollow one. There is no inside part that you can move through its all solid. If you want to make a hollow sphere im afraid youll have to do it manually.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wouldn't it be easier to start with a simple shape and utilize vertex manipulation until you got the size you want?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:(

is there any better program for mapping?
Not for half life. Hammer is the same. The thing is that even if you use stuff that can fully utilise spheares and **** you still have to watch out for r_speeds ingame. Do stuff wrongly and uznoptimised and youll get laggy maps.

Thats why vertex manipulation is preffered as it literaly lets you yourself controll r_speeds while making the map. That way you can optimise the map better.

Dont expect a program to do good maps for you. The best maps are made with as little interferance on the programs side as possible so the mapper can fully utilize the tools at his disposal.

Best answers
Help!

I am trying to add a 3d model (.3ds file to be specific) to gtkradiant but it is very small. I want to enlarge it but it won't let me. Help me.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how about you enlerge the core file. Meaning make the 3ds file larger before you import.

Best answers
But I don't have the program to enlarge it. I download the model from a site to use it in my map but its way too small.

Any other way? Or does ne1 of u have a large mountain 3ds or md3 model??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom