esf 1.3 melee system

Best answers
will in esf 1.3 be a diferent type of melee system. this one is some kind slow. btw if anyone of u played DBZ budokai tenkaichi 3 u will know what real melee system is...

The Brain Freezer
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
If you search for Adv melee in the "search button" you will find out ^^

Best answers
I've played BT3, the melee system was horrible. Felt more like you where slapping someone instead of punching them. Now Budokai 3's system was awesome, those where some fun fights. I know esf 1.3 wont let us down!

Best answers
well i know that too... but when i have playet bt3 with my friends they are only using special attacks but not me I was just punching them and still wining;)

Misanthropist
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
You have to realise those are console fighting games, which dont suffer ping issues and dont use true 3D.

ESF is on a fps engine, in a true 3D environment...

1.3 Melee will give your lives meaning.

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, 1.3 will have a new melee, and no, the new melee system isn't slow.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
I've played BT3, the melee system was horrible. Felt more like you where slapping someone instead of punching them. Now Budokai 3's system was awesome, those where some fun fights. I know esf 1.3 wont let us down!
Ummm. NO. At least in BT3 you have full control on characters and full freedom when it comes to fight. You can fight whenever you want, and exactly how you want, there are thousands ways to fight. You are no longer limited by 2D and everything is happen in real time. You don't need to wait until cutscene from each hyper is over (they are cool I admit, but after few fights they becoming EXTREMELY annoying) not to mention the fact that B3 combos are easy and doesn't require skill (in opposite to BT3 where you need skill to master the game).

BT3 is perfect DBZ Fighting Simulator for pros, while B3 is for noobs who love cutscenes, flashes, FX, grpahic and easy combos.

OHH GOD I wanted to say it for such long time.....

Last edited:
Best answers
Whatever, to each his own. I personally enjoyed B3 more then BT3. Lets agree to disagree.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
will in esf 1.3 be a diferent type of melee system. this one is some kind slow. btw if anyone of u played DBZ budokai tenkaichi 3 u will know what real melee system is...
Budakoi is nothing more than a button smasher. That is not a real melee system..

A real melee system consist in real fighting games, tekken, street fighter, etc. those are games where you can button smash, but you will do horrible.

Best answers
Ummm. NO. At least in BT3 you have full control on characters and full freedom when it comes to fight. You can fight whenever you want, and exactly how you want, there are thousands ways to fight. You are no longer limited by 2D and everything is happen in real time. You don't need to wait until cutscene from each hyper is over (they are cool I admit, but after few fights they becoming EXTREMELY annoying) not to mention the fact that B3 combos are easy and doesn't require skill (in opposite to BT3 where you need skill to master the game).

BT3 is perfect DBZ Fighting Simulator for pros, while B3 is for noobs who love cutscenes, flashes, FX, grpahic and easy combos.

OHH GOD I wanted to say it for such long time.....
well u said it now and for me the best of all DBZ games is BT3 it has a veeeeery good melee system and I like it but it would be good to have little more special attacks am I right boys??? btw: Why in whole esf there's no FATHER SON KAMEHAMEHA I mean to me it's one of most powerfull attacks!!!

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh phlease. If you mean that thing Gohan did against Cell then that was nothing mroe than a mental image of Goku. Not Goku actually doing the thing.

So in the series there is no real father-son kamehameha, just Gohans owh power. The only thing that would count as that would be movie 9. But we dont do movies.

Best answers
roger that but it would be nice to have something like when u have less than 20HP and then u can use that attack it would be interesting... and iw u ever try to make it it would be cool to look like super kamehameha like in goku in armor suit ssj2...

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Err, you joking?

Ok here is the scoop for you. Those 20% HP desperation attacks can work really great with fighter games for 1 and 1 reason only. When you die you loose. In ESF when you die you respown. So this would go down exactly one way.

Player hurts himself to get to the correct HP. He then proceeds to spam the move while running from people trying to kill thim.

No desperation attacks unless we make it round based and have you respown only when there is only 1 person left alive. Ofcourse that would make it booring since youd be watching for 15 minutes till everyone dies before you get another chance at it. And then youd realise that the one who survived had a significent PL advantage over the rest.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
mummE i don't think that esf 1.2 gameplay is rly slow... maybe u didn't ever played with right ppl... ?
I think that esf 1.2 is faster overall than most of fpp games nowadays and i would be more than happy to present you my average skills :S if you can keep up...

(ofcourse adv melee is **** slow and stupid...)

Last edited:
Best answers
well it is fast but it would be interesting when we could punch instantly not to wait and hold left mouse and press our keyboard arrow it would be far interesting than that???

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

and yea i maked game to work normally to me and i can go ssj4 now and I must say that magin vegeta ssj2 transformation is best in whole game bravo to all guys that make this game... I can't imagine how will 1.3 look like in final version...

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
You do punch instantly. You just have to swoop into the opponent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom