Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ESF Dedicated Server for Windows

Why is nothing working for me I just want to make a server that my friend can join and I try to use Steam's Dedicated Server "Cache_TryAlloc *random string of numbers*" I tried EVERYTHING, "Cache_TryAlloc *random string of numbers*" So I try this "Cannot initialize Steam", redid EVERYTHING, "Cannot initialize Steam". PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO I JUST WANT TO PLAY ESF WITH MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have ECX installed?
    Disclosure Nears

*truth time* I'm running ESF:ECX RC3, I know it works online cuz' I found a server running it

First off...

Coming from a USA player, this thread is extremley confusing to follow the instructions, they aren't very clear..

Second, after i finally got it installed, I copied all of my ESF files to the dedicated server folder..

Started up the HLDS.exe

No games listed
    no maps listed
    requires password..

Is there a more clear tutorial on how to do this?

--- edit ---

HOST_ERROR: Couldn't get DLL API from \valve\addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll!

error i get when booting server

Quote Originally Posted by LekanAF View Post
    Coming from a USA player
    I'm not a USA player. Unless you meant that you are one and that's why it's hard for you to figure the instructions out.

I copied all of my ESF files to the dedicated server folder..
    No one told you to copy your ESF files into the HLDS folder. Take the ESF installation file and install ESF files into HLDS folder.

at any rate, i got the server to boot...

however it STILL DOES NOT SHOW ON THE SERVER LIST

For some reason, my HLDS.exe is automatically installed in my Half-Life folder. What do I do? I opened up cmd and did everything you told me to do and it just says 'Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. If you can help me that would be great!

You're not supposed to touch the folder your game is in. HLDS is its own installation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    How can yours be so much bigger then mine??

No no I meant that when I first installed Half-Life it automatically came with the hlds

You wrote something wrong in the Command Prompt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    How can yours be so much bigger then mine??

Thread Information