Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ESF Dedicated Server for Windows

erm, it isnt downloading the half life thingy into the folder which means i cant install my esf in ther :/ help?

Sig Made By Me... Which is why its so crap :P (lost alot of colour )

The downloading may start in a few minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    How can yours be so much bigger then mine??

Quote Originally Posted by Sicron View Post
    Did you by any chance select "LAN game" when making a server?
    No.. but i found the problem. Its my net provider.. i can't create Non-Stream or Steam Dedicated Server.. with other words "My net SUCKS"

And hleV, i have a question.. I think in Steam Tools, it has Dedicated Server.. why with that we can't make a Steam Dedicated Server?
    Last edited by EvolutionX; Sep 14th, 2010 at 11:59 PM.

after a few hours it didnt start

Sig Made By Me... Which is why its so crap :P (lost alot of colour )

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionX View Post
    No.. but i found the problem. Its my net provider.. i can't create Non-Stream or Steam Dedicated Server.. with other words "My net SUCKS"

And hleV, i have a question.. I think in Steam Tools, it has Dedicated Server.. why with that we can't make a Steam Dedicated Server?
    You can. But it requires Steam. I hope you won't ask why this is a bad thing.

Hi i download hldsupdatetool and download fine later install esf in dedicated folder and create file steam_appid i write 70 and save file. Later run HLDS and copy my ip and me join but my friends no. What is wrong ? Sorry for my eng

Hi everyone i just did the same thing what HleV said well everything looks fine but when i started hlds.exe and press star server and i got an error "unable to unitialize steam" i created the txt file steam_appid.txt and on it i wrote 70 still doesnt work
    Last edited by Pa1n; Aug 12th, 2011 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pa1n View Post
    Hi everyone i just did the same thing what HleV said well everything looks fine but when i started hlds.exe and press star server and i got an error "unable to unitialize steam" i created the txt file steam_appid.txt and on it i wrote 70 still doesnt work
    I just redid everything according to the guide and the server works perfectly. I'd suggest starting over.

Yea i tried again over everything now it works fine but i see that only steam players(i think so) can connect to the server. Is there a way how to make my server connectable to non steam players by any chance?

We don't support non-Steam.

Thread Information