System Requirements

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Can you guys give some recommended system requirements to know if we can run the mod with the effects cranked up to max?

ESF Coder
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Dual Intel Xeon 3.0Ghz
64Bit Operating System
16GB Ram
QuadSLI with Geforce GTX 295

That way you should be able to play the game with 16000x10000 and everything else set to max.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh. I run everything with all the effects on at 1280x800. No AA/AF vsync off. I have an Intel 2.4 ghtz C2D T7700 (Laptop model), 256 mb geforce 8600m GT (Laptop version), 3 gigs ram, 32 bit vista home premium. Works fine.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
This is still a Half-Life 1 mod, dude. If you can run the previous ESF versions, then you should be able to run 1.3 perfectly.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
The shaders reflections and so on may kill his fps.

For example, I tried playing Jedi Academy, Everything on the max works perfectly, very high FPS, but if i'd activated the "dynamic glow" function id play in about 30fps. Also shaders did the same.

I run a pentium 4 3 ghz 1gb ram geforce 6200 turbo cache.

Shaders and stuff like that can kill you.

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Ye well the bloom effect in the won2 half-life (1.1.1.2) kills my fps to around 40 but when I play on the non-steam one it runs at 60 fps all the time. So i think the bloom + reflections will make me have to get a better video card to run it at max.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Right, and that bloom hack was created by somebody who most likely didn't know what they're doing. Raven is an expert when it comes down to shaders, so there isn't an FPS issue. And who said that the reflections would actually be ingame? I clearly stated that they're a test in the news post and might not make it in the release.

Anyways, if you happen to be unable to run these pretty graphics, you can just disable them.

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Right, and that bloom hack was created by somebody who most likely didn't know what they're doing. Raven is an expert when it comes down to shaders, so there isn't an FPS issue. And who said that the reflections would actually be ingame? I clearly stated that they're a test in the news post and might not make it in the release.

Anyways, if you happen to be unable to run these pretty graphics, you can just disable them.
I'D RATHER DIE THEN DISABLING THE PRETTY GRAPHICS!!!

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Graphics aren't everything about 1.3, you know.

NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Most of the updates are about ESF graphics. I hope there will be more updates about the gameplay (which is far more important than the graphics).

I know that "glow" effect. I first saw it in RF Online. Actually all it did was killing FPS. Disabling it was a better choice in FPS and graphics wise. I'm not sure how would that glow look in ESF, but it didn't do anything cool in RFO.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Most of the updates are about ESF graphics. I hope there will be more updates about the gameplay (which is far more important than the graphics).

I know that "glow" effect. I first saw it in RF Online. Actually all it did was killing FPS. Disabling it was a better choice in FPS and graphics wise. I'm not sure how would that glow look in ESF, but it didn't do anything cool in RFO.
Most bloom effects and whatnot in the past were poorly coded in the past in other mods. IE it took 2 frames to render one frame with bloom, glow, etc. Most of these effects won't chew through FPS unless you have an ancient rig. And then you can selectively enable and disable things.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Then i feel sorry for you as you dwell in a world of preety graphics and ****ty gameplay.
Typical response from someone like him. Don't worry about it, Grega. :p

Busy Busy Busy
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Boogyman93,

The system requirements for ESF:F haven't been defined yet. Once the coders finish implementing all of the new visual enhancements performance tests will be performed on various machines to formulate the minimum and recommended system requirements.

For the most part the new version of ESF is being designed to run on an average computer based on the results of valve hardware survey. Players with lower end machines will be given the option of turning off or degrading the quality of some of the visual enhancements.

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Typical response from someone like him. Don't worry about it, Grega. :p
What do you mean with "from someone like him"? Is it like I'm a parasite on this forum or what? The little 15 year old retarded kid right!? Thx for that answer oh smart one... ;(

Oh and thx for the reply Mastasurf, I can't wait for the release :)

NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Damaera should be banned for talking like this.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Yeah Dam, get responsibility for your actions. If some politican did something wrong at his job he would quit his job, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom