The Free and Paid Game/MMO list

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As anyone every played GhostX ? Comments come very good with this one.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcKvV4Q9Y2g[/ame]

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Why isn't MapleStory on the list :s.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dungeons and Dragons Online is going F2P:

Turbine today announced that it will relaunch its MMO Dungeons & Dragons Online this summer as Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited, a free-to-play version of the massive online game.

Players will be able to download and play the game at no cost, with a new DDO Store providing revenue in the form of content and item sales. Dungeon packs, character slots, potions, character customization, and hired goons will all be available for purchase with Turbine Points.

Turbine will also launch a "DDO VIP" program that will grant access to all premium content for a monthly price. Benefits include priority server access, 10 character slots, a shared bank, and a monthly pack of 500 Turbine Points to spent at the DDO Store.

Dungeons & Dragons Online was launched in February 2006. Turbine has since updated the title with eight modules.
Source: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59083

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, that's interesting. I would have never thought that DnD Online would do the free server but with cash shop option. You see it in a lot of asian developed MMOs but not many Western ones. I know Ragnarok Online generates a lot more money from items in i's cash shop when compared to actual subscription costs.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Chronicles of Spellborn is going F2P:

Acclaim Games announces the re-development of their recent MMORPG The Chronicles of Spellborn which was released in February, 2009. The development is planned to carry into 2010 and will include several enhancements and changes to the current game. The enhancements and development of the new model will be carried through a joint venture between Spellborn NV and the development studio of Frogster Asia Co. Ltd. based in Seoul, the Korean studio bringing its expertise in the field of free-to-play and micro-transactions.

After the re-development, the current subscription model will be switched to a free-to-play system supported by micro-transactions. This will open the world of Spellborn to all players and give them a chance to experience the rich lore and game-play in its entirety.

Players who are currently playing the game will be able to continue playing the game in its current form via the subscription service. At the point where the new version is released, any unused subscriptions will be credited to their accounts. Any players who wish to register for a free account can sign up now at http://spellborn.acclaim.com.
Source: http://phpbb.acclaim.com/spellborn/viewtopic.php?t=4666&sid=75d43aad40741b8f935336ef9c50c67c

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Savage 2, has anyone ever tried?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Savage 2 is alright. Though I think I should have waited when it went F2P. Oh well they deserved my $20 bucks.

So anyways Jade Dynasty came out two weeks ago and it's a good F2P game. It's made by the same people who made Perfect World. You might noticed most of the models from PW are used in Jade Dynasty. Almost everything is automated for questing and grinding. The game isn't really that grindy. You level pretty fast from quests and grinding. Both have benefits. If you have the patience and actually read all the crap in game, you will get to Lv20+ in a day. I recommend to try it out.

Check out the game and sign up at: http://jd.perfectworld.com

And if you want to be cool sign up using my referral link: http://www.perfectworld.com/referral/key/a6f83a5a02431a1c4449df748f8b2e77

Edit: Getting a bit sleepy, it's 3AM here xD. For classes, you pick factions and there are 5 in game.
The Vim | The Lupin | The Jadeon | The Skysong | The Modo (additional info from what I gathered and experienced)

Vims are basically the tankers with high HP and defense (they will suck end cap if you do not build correctly). They are the "PK king".
Lupins are damage dealers (aka rogue without stealth) with bad defense. They do bad in group PVP but they crit crazy and especially own in PVE
Jadeons are basically mages that uses swords instead of staffs (also bad defense). They also level fast.
Skysong are the healers and they have a good defense and damage overall. Probably the most useful class in the game but yet least played.
Modos has three forms and basically they have different uses for them. You can AOE, tank, or dot. They suck at early levels but at the cap they own the **** out of everyone due to powerful buffs/passives/skills etc. Modos can replace Vims as tankers if built right.

I play on USA West - Realm 7 if anyone is interested. :3

Last edited:
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
a few free ones that i have played
Air Rivals - this one is basically a flight sim rpg
runescape - my actual first experience with an mmorpg other than that it isnt all that great

Adventure quest - i feel i have to mention this one simply because it is one of the few casual rpgs around even though it isnt really multiplayer.

Wonderland Online - its great if you are a fan of old school turn based rpgs like final fantasy.

Gunz - yea its not really an rpg but its following is almost as huge as CS.

Dungeon Fighter - A new one that is curently in closed beta expected to launch by the end of the summer.

P2P:
Final fantasy crystal chronicles: Echoes of time(ds/wii) - i must say this game is a rather fun mmo. if you decide to buy it get it for ds.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Two more to add:

Soul of the Ultimate Nation (Free-to-play fantasy MMORPG)

There's four characters to choose from - Berserker, Dragon Knight, Valkyrie and Elementalist. The Berserker and Dragon Knight are tank characters, with the former focused on strength and the latter on speed. The Valkyrie and Elementalist are support characters, with the former focused on summoning (which includes buffs) and the latter on healing. Likewise, each character can wield one of two weapons. The Berserker can wield either a sword or axe. The Dragon Knight either dual blades or a spear. The Valkyrie either dual crossbow pistols or a crossbow. The Elementalist either a staff or orb.

Leveling up is fast and easy, with your primarily source of experience points coming from the completion of quests (though you do have your fair share of "Kill x of this," "Collect x of that," etc). However, you can still grind mobs if you choose to, but completing quests is easier and faster. As for building your character, not much planning is need (as far as I can tell). However, if you think that you screwed up your character's build, you have 5 respec points you can use that will reset your stats.

And finally, the game is one of the more better looking MMOs you can find.

Either way, definitely one of the better MMORPGs I've played and I recommend it.

http://sunonline.webzen.net/ (Europe)
http://sun.ijji.com/?next=sunmain (United States)

Fallen Earth (Pay-to-play post-apocalyptic MMORPG)

Simply put, you either love it or hate it. There is no in-between or middle-ground.

With that said, I loved it.

If Fallout and Mad Max got together and had a child, Fallen Earth would be it. It has everything a post-apocalyptic fan needs. Everything from scavenging, crafting (one of the most important aspects of the game), swords, crossbows, horses, ATVs, motorcycles, buggies, mutations (the equivalent of magic), exploration, mutants, monsters, sandworms, zombies, homicidal A.I., cloning, factions, faction wars and then some.

And more importantly, a development team that actually gives a **** about their game and community.

Other than that, there's not much I can comment on. The last time I played the game was when it went open beta earlier this year and, to my understanding, a lot has changed since then. But, from what I remember:

Gameplay - Plays like a 3rd-person shooter, though last time I played it was a little clunky. You move around using the WASD keys (or whatever keys you assign), look and shoot/swing with the mouse, etcetera.

Leveling - Pretty much the same deal as with Soul of the Ultimate Nation, though there's more quest variety. Though, unlike Soul of the Ultimate Nation, character building does require planning. And it is pretty easy to screw up your character if you're not careful. Unfortunately, there's no respec opportunities, though the developers have mentioned they may implement some kind of respec feature/system in the future.

Crafting - By far, one of the most important aspects of the game. In fact, it makes up a large percentage of the game's overall economy. You can pretty much craft anything, including mounts. The only downside is the time it takes to craft something, which can take quite a long time depending on what it is your crafting. However, you can still play the game while in the waiting for the crafting process to finish.

Factions - Six factions you can choose to join a little later in the game - Enforcers, Light Bearers, Vistas, Children of the Apocalypse, Travelers and Techs. However, the faction system is a little more complicated than simply joining a faction and that's it (check out the official website for more information, I'm not going to bother explaining the entire thing).

Game World - Set around the Grand Canyon, the game world is huge. It would literally take you a couple or so hours to walk from one end of the map to the other, assuming you don't die in-between. Not to mention there are no loading screens as you move from one area to the next. Mounts are, by all means, a necessity to getting around. Also, the developers have mentioned that a fast-travel system of sorts will be implemented sometime in the future.

Other than that, despite it being pay-to-play, the first 30-days are free. As for a trial version, there currently isn't one.

Definitely one of the best MMO's I've played and I recommend it.

http://www.fallenearth.com/

Edit

There's now a 10-day free trial for Fallen Earth - https://www.fallenearth.com/trial

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That Fallen Earth does indeed look interesting, still, can't say I like those subscription based games. I don't usually play games for 50+ hours a month, and having to pay 150 euro'sa year for that is quite a lot then.

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
You forgot about Tera Online :-/
[video=youtube;T5R4X_0R-C4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5R4X_0R-C4[/video]

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Myst Online: Uru Live is going open-source and free-to-play:

Welcome back, again,

Everything takes longer than expected these days. Cyan Worlds’ plans are to move MO:UL to open source, and we finally have some good news. We’ve taken a first step and started a MO:UL server, so the Ages of Uru are available again. We’ve opened all the Ages, and added most of the goodies in MO:UL. We’re referring to it as MO:ULagain—feel free to explore and enjoy.

And the cost is pretty good. Free!

To begin playing, click on the Play link to create an account.

If you're so inclined, we’ve provided a way for you to donate via PayPal to help offset our costs, and show your support. Five or ten bucks would go a long way toward helping pay the server and people bills. (No promises, but we’re trying to figure out a way to show our appreciation to supporters by giving you a little something extra in MO:ULagain.) But don’t feel obligated—we’re just glad to have the cavern open once again.

Thanks for helping keep Uru alive!

If you would like to donate to the MO:ULagain project, click on the PayPal button below. During the checkout process, please click on MO:UL Account and Player ID and enter both your Account (email address you used to sign up for MO:UL) and your Player name. We’ll need both—spelled correctly. Thanks!

Note: Thanks everyone for showing such strong support. Our servers are under extreme load and we have solutions coming. Most likely, we won't be able to have our solutions ready until tomorrow.
Source: http://mystonline.com/en/

Allods is going into open beta next week:

Tell your friends, tell your family, tell your neighbors, tell your dog, Allods Online is going Open Beta! The Allods Online team is pleased to announce that the Open Beta will officially go live on February 16th, 2010! All players will be able to access the game (no beta key needed) and all current content through level 40 will be available for play!

Please note that all CBT characters will be deleted prior to Open Beta. Characters created in Open Beta will NOT be deleted.
Source: http://allods.gpotato.com/news/2010/02/10/allods-online-announces-open-beta/

Gods & Heroes has been revived:

After being put on "indefinite hold" by defunct developer Perpetual in October 2007, mythological MMO Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising has now been resurrected.

Heatwave Interactive today announced that it has acquired the intellectual property rights to Gods & Heroes along with all game assets, including the two game engines Perpetual had created for Gods & Heroes and Star Trek Online. Shortly after halting work on Gods & Heroes, Perpetual shut down and the Star Trek Online rights went to Cryptic.

Also acquired was a license for the "online game publishing technology" PlayGrid Platform, with PlayGrid having been co-founded by Pepertual veteran Chris McKibbin.

No timeframe for the revived Gods & Heroes was provided, with McKibbin noting that "we at PlayGrid are thrilled to see Rome rise again with the Heatwave team." Thus far, Heatwave has released the iPhone App iSamJackson, and plans to launch its musician life simulator Platinum Life on "social networks and the web" in March 2010. A massively multiplayer game based on Platinum Life is currently in development as well.
Source: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/62456

Edit

Updated MMO list - http://forum.esforces.com/threads/7...-Game-MMO-list?p=930294&viewfull=1#post930294

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And a game that costs money isn't **** just because it costs money.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Lord of the Rings Online has gone free-to-play:

Today is an important day for LOTRO: we’ve announced that this fall, LOTRO will begin offering a Free-to-Play option! Players will be able to download the game and adventure in Middle-earth for free. With Free-to-Play comes the addition of the LOTRO Store, where players will have immediate in-game access to a wide variety of special items, account services, and convenience items.

The best part is – as existing subscribers you’re automatically enrolled in our VIP program! As a VIP you’ll continue to get unlimited access to the game and all of the content you already enjoy, in addition to some extra perks!
Source: http://www.lotro.com/news/709-announcing-the-lord-of-the-rings-onlines-move-to-free-to-play-

Just a nice person :)
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I want a epic freelancer game.
If they make a new one I gonna pay 100 euro's for it if they ask that.
Not something like EVE which is massive complicated + progress is to slow (Things take damn looong waste of time big time :p).

FREELANCER1337: The End Of the Universe. NOWW!!!!! (fake name :( )

Any allow dedicated servers so we don't have to pay-for-play or allow both options (different servers)

This game gonna sell big time :p

Also something that the star-buster (or whatever they called it) can make stars go boem-boem and come back sometime :p (Server settings?)

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/index.php

Been in development for quite some time, since the team consists of only 2 coders. All models are community made. But it is definitely going to be an awesome game, and one of the most beautiful games. I love indie projects. Closest thing you'll get to a Freelancer MMORPG. Actually, It's going to be better than Freelancer.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Global Agenda goes subscription free (though, you still have to buy the game):

Global Agenda developer Hi-Rez Studios has shook up its business model less than five months after launch, announcing the abolition of subscription fees--meaning you need merely to buy the PC shooter MMO--and a move towards paid content updates.

A free trial is available on Steam, letting you play characters up to level 15. Global Agenda requires Steam as it uses auto-updating and other Steamworks features.

While Global Agenda's previous $12.99 monthly subscription was optional, those who didn't pay it found their game more than a little restricted. Subscribers gained access to the alliance vs. alliance 'World Domination' mode, the auction house, crafting, in-game mail, improved communication and more, not forgetting character levels beyond thirty.

"Future content updates will be delivered via optional paid expansions," Hi-Rez explains, to support the game. One such expansion, named 'Sandstorm,' is being released for free in two parts this summer to give players a freebie taste of the new way.

To celebrate the news--and the season--Global Agenda is discounted by 33% to $26.79 on Steam as part of its current whopping great Summer Sale.
Source: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/64489

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom