Do you guys think there will be a Halo 4? *Spoilers*

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think there will be, but the story as we know it will be completely different. If you watched the Legendary ending in Halo 3, you find out that Master Chief has survived. At the end of the Legendary cinematic, you will see the ship that Master Chief is in fly into a mysterious planet. Halo 4 will most likely be based off of that planet since the Ark has been destroyed, and all of the Halo's have been deactivated.

What do you guys think?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well most of us dont, but...

of course there will be. profits alone ensured that there would be a sequel.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There will be one, but it'll be another three or four years until then, once people start to find Halo 3's multi-player exceptionally humdrum.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if they do, it needs to be a prequel, covering the time period when there were still multiple spartans alive.

otherwise=poop

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Halo Wars = prequel I thought?

Best answers
I think there will be, or 10 years from now people still be playing Halo 3.
I could really care less about the story though, I easy have couple hundred halo hours in my 360 and I never even started the sinlge player mode on halo 1 2 or 3.
I just hope they fix some online issues and balancing. The BR.. O_O

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Myself, I don't think there will be an actual "Halo 4". At least not titled as such. As you said, Halos are deactivated, no longer a threat, neutralized. That kind of takes the power, and indeed, the REASON out of the very title.

Of course, you could start a whole new series starring Master Chief and just name it "Master Chief", but it would mainly be shamelessly milking the series. The Covenant and Flood to my knowledge are all taken care of, so any new threats that arise will be invented almost on the spot. And seeing how I believe Halo is based off a series of novels, this would equate to the pinnacle of ****tiness I like to refer to as "Dragonball GT Syndrome".

It's like any series that decides arrogantly that it's outgrown it's literary roots and decides to meander off on stupid directions, just for the sake of not facing the inevitability that eventually you have to stop moving. Jurassic Park did this as well. Two novels, transferred to two fantastic films, and then because the writer was smart enough to know it was finished, and Hollywood was thick and arrogant enough to think they could pull off the genius of the original purely through screenplays, a 3rd was made totally independent of the book, and guess what? It sucked flaming Satan ****.

I know games have been know to be able to recover themselves after failures, but Halo 3's storyline was lackluster already, even having the novels behind it.

What I do know however is that there were Halo novels that came before Halo 1, as well as between Halo 1 and 2, so it seems more than possible that these could be adapted. Just don't expect it to be labelled "4".

Don't worry though; Halo is as much an icon to the XBox consoles as Mario is to Nintendo, so I doubt Microsoft, and therefore Bungie, will let helmet-head's legacy die anytime soon. If things get too dicy, they'll probably go for broke and just remake Halo with the current graphics for ****s and giggles. Though of course, if Valve, as great as they are, could **** up the improved rerelease of their original, I have no doubt in my mind that Bungie would **** it up similarly. If no, well then congratulations to Bungie for finally doing something better than Valve besides graphics...

Oh wait... ^_^

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't played much more than a few drunken levels of the first HALO at a friends place one night. So I have no clue about the storyline or anything like that.

What I do know is this. There is still plenty of milk in that cashcow and it's highly likely its udders are going to be worked until the start puttin out dust.

Best answers
I agree with J-dude and know there will always be another one. Its always good to leave a game or movie with room for another at the end in case the company wants more cash/ the people want more content. Thou I kinda had my fill of halo 3 and its crazy BR whores.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't even play Halo 3 anymore. CoD4 rocks it too much, plus there's was too many douche-bags that play it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom