Gears of War 2 gameplay footage

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First footage of GoW2. I know it's not a well-liked game around these parts, but I enjoyed the game and can't wait for this one. Plus it looks like they've upgraded some things. Using bodies as shields and having chainsaw battles ftw!!!

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/52629

Best answers
chainsaw battles look interesting, could get old really quick though. As for the body shield, that's a welcome addition. Personally, the only upgrade I see graphically is they are taking a lot of tips from gta4 with the lighting and colors, simple little details but not much graphical enhancement overall. Gameplay is pretty much the same, just more to shoot.

Sorry if it feels like i'm bashing it but after getting that seriously achievement, this game will get boring very fast since it's just more of the same. More like gears of war 1.5. Seems the 360 is hitting it's limits already?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What else could they improve upon?

I watched a video on google because I couldnt get that one to load for some reason. Looks pretty intense.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
chainsaw battles look interesting, could get old really quick though. As for the body shield, that's a welcome addition. Personally, the only upgrade I see graphically is they are taking a lot of tips from gta4 with the lighting and colors, simple little details but not much graphical enhancement overall. Gameplay is pretty much the same, just more to shoot.

Sorry if it feels like i'm bashing it but after getting that seriously achievement, this game will get boring very fast since it's just more of the same. More like gears of war 1.5. Seems the 360 is hitting it's limits already?
Yeah, it's pushing it's limits already because that's a ****ing top notch game.

Graphics? Check.

Bad mouthing bad-assery? Check.

Full of action and tons of bad guys? Check.

BIG ASS CREATURES THAT TAKE FOREVER TO TAKE DOWN BUT FEELS ****ING EPIC WHEN YOU DO? ....Check.

It's a good game, I enjoyed the first and I'll definitely be picking this one up. The only thing I didn't like is how repetitive GoW got online.

I played through single player at least 10 times on co-op, it never got old.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks like the same game with more enemies and Sam Fisher-esque body shields. If the story in this one is as bad as the first one, I'll pass.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I enjoyed the first one, even did the whole co-op thing on the hardest difficulty level. Good times.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
buying it =D,

is being so similar to the first one really a bad thing? the first one rocked ass.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
buying it =D,

is being so similar to the first one really a bad thing?
To me, yes. People built up GoW to be the best game ever, but once I finally played it on the PC, I felt like it was a total letdown. I've used the exact same cover mechanic before, although this was more polished. The shooting was pretty ridiculous. I'm there unloading a clip into a locust's face, and he isn't dying? Really? The linear nature of the game was also a total put off to me. Go forward, emergence hole, shoot, move on. If you break down any game, it seems as dull as that, but that was all GoW was. There's no depth to the game, and sometimes that's alright, but this was a bare bones game with a pretty engine hailed to be supremely awesome. And it isn't. There was barely a story, so it definitely didn't earn any points there.

Honestly, I think people just like GoW for the multiplayer/co-op mode, and because it was the only good 360 game at the time. I'll have fun in any game if I'm playing with friends. That doesn't make the game good. It just means I have good friends.

Best answers
Yeah, it's pushing it's limits already because that's a ****ing top notch game.

Graphics? Check.

Bad mouthing bad-assery? Check.

Full of action and tons of bad guys? Check.

BIG ASS CREATURES THAT TAKE FOREVER TO TAKE DOWN BUT FEELS ****ING EPIC WHEN YOU DO? ....Check.

It's a good game, I enjoyed the first and I'll definitely be picking this one up. The only thing I didn't like is how repetitive GoW got online.

I played through single player at least 10 times on co-op, it never got old.
I'm not saying the game is bad, I just think when you go from part 1 to part 2, there should be something innovative in there. It's all pretty much the same as the last game with just more action. And since there is just more action, it'll get boring real fast. I couldn't handle beating the single player more than 3 times, did it on co-op once, beat insane and hardcore myself and I was done and the only thing that kept it going was the multiplayer.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Regardless of whether it had its flaws or not, I enjoyed it Gears of War. If the sequel is similar, I'll still enjoy it--just like I enjoyed KOTOR II even though it changed almost nothing from the original.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
To me, yes. People built up GoW to be the best game ever, but once I finally played it on the PC, I felt like it was a total letdown. I've used the exact same cover mechanic before, although this was more polished. The shooting was pretty ridiculous. I'm there unloading a clip into a locust's face, and he isn't dying? Really? The linear nature of the game was also a total put off to me. Go forward, emergence hole, shoot, move on. If you break down any game, it seems as dull as that, but that was all GoW was. There's no depth to the game, and sometimes that's alright, but this was a bare bones game with a pretty engine hailed to be supremely awesome. And it isn't. There was barely a story, so it definitely didn't earn any points there.

Honestly, I think people just like GoW for the multiplayer/co-op mode, and because it was the only good 360 game at the time. I'll have fun in any game if I'm playing with friends. That doesn't make the game good. It just means I have good friends.

IT WAS MEANT 2 BE PLAYED ON CONSOLE~!!! OF COURSE IT'S NOT THE SAME ON PC!~~~

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Turn off your caps lock, it makes you look like a retarded fanboy.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IT WAS MEANT 2 BE PLAYED ON CONSOLE~!!! OF COURSE IT'S NOT THE SAME ON PC!~~~
It's the same exact game, albeit with additional content, and I played it with a 360 controller.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah the pc version is better :/

The tools kick ass too. You can make your own character models and your own character sounds as well. Its tight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom