A GREAT melee system Idea

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just stop jinx. accept that it isnt a good idea and move on. you dont seem to learn from mistakes and better yourself, you just brood in them.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I thought these forumz had more constructive peoplez.. ciao

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought these forumz had more constructive peoplez.. ciao
Sometimes being constructive means shooting a bad idea down.

Not having to click to do attacks makes it even more un-"fighterish" and fits exactly with my Wii comparison.
The 1.2 advance melee was atleast a kind of representation of a fight, albeit very slow.
Even if attackws attacks are devided in zones, there's still no way you can control them because of RANDOM shakes.
You could also just remove zones and randomize animation, it would be the same ****ing effect.

We don't see the possibilities, the bigger picture because there is none. It just isn't as great as you like it to be.
We give criticism, but you get it as "getting your vision wrong"

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
seriously, its just not constructive criticism if it doesnt forward your own idea, is it jinx?

sarcasm.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
seriously, its just not constructive criticism if it doesnt forward your own idea, is it jinx?

sarcasm.
It's the same in every thread he makes, if it doesn't support him it is bs because of >insert reason<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
give or take, players will tend to be looking for several key things in the new melee system,
it'll need to be visually appealing, what you'll be staring at is a dartboard while trying to win yourself a speedboat instead of focusing on whats happening with your character, so this wont be achieved.
It also needs to be less complex to use than the current melee system. your adding an arseload of different functions and gauges we'd need to be flittering about making it alot more complex than whacking a few arrows.
It would also need to be practical, the whole advanced melee scenario needs to be done with in a generally quick succession as the game has more to offer than half of it spent slapping eachother around the chops, both your proposal and the current melee system drag on too much i feel. it should be somthing simple and quick, even just mashing the mouse buttons the fastest to win over a 5 second period, although thats more of a personal preference.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not really..
Obviously, nothing that we say will ever convince you of anything.

If your MOTHER said this idea was bad and didn't help the game, would you believe her?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
give or take, players will tend to be looking for several key things in the new melee system,
it'll need to be visually appealing, what you'll be staring at is a dartboard while trying to win yourself a speedboat instead of focusing on whats happening with your character, so this wont be achieved.
It also needs to be less complex to use than the current melee system. your adding an arseload of different functions and gauges we'd need to be flittering about making it alot more complex than whacking a few arrows.
It would also need to be practical, the whole advanced melee scenario needs to be done with in a generally quick succession as the game has more to offer than half of it spent slapping eachother around the chops, both your proposal and the current melee system drag on too much i feel. it should be somthing simple and quick, even just mashing the mouse buttons the fastest to win over a 5 second period, although thats more of a personal preference.
Thank you for the more then decent reply

Shiyojin Rommyu, gtfo if you have nothing better to say..

edit

is there somewhere i can put this quote.. to show what a real critique is <_<?!?! We need a new thread called Crituquing 101

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We need a "How to not take criticism like a jackass 101" thread. It isn't that hard, bro.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
stfu jinx, all the "decent" replies were already given to you and you discredited them because they didnt suit your needs.

get the hell out of your own thread jinx, your just humiliating yourself. yet again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Still ignored my previous post, and all you said to muffinman was "nice".
You haven't defended your idea against any criticism yet, the closest thing you've done was "you got it wrong"
or "you don't see the possibilities". GJ man, GJ.

Edit:
Oh and saying GTFO to people who point out flaws in the way you argue isn't the nicest thing to do.

Last edited:
Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I actually took the time to read this whole THREAD.. I admit some parts were funny.. but Jinx.. seriously... it seems to me like you spend a LOT of time thinking through this.. and it's a good thing to put a lot of effort into an idea that most disagree with.
I don't see straight-out "explicit" objections against your idea, I just see a damaged ego gone to hell because you probably took a ridiculous amount of time to elaborate something that was shot down faster than a hot air ballon in a war zone... and yes it DOES suck when that happens, its completely understandable.

Personally I can see some fun in your idea, but actually imagining myself using this system (and still clinging to old 1.1 memories) and enjoying it as much as I enjoyed previous versions of ESF just seems far-fetched... or straight out impossible.

ESF has already defined itself with its melee system, and the one featured in 1.3 will be a more advanced version, an upgrade to something already established long ago.. the idea is to preserve that feel ESF has gifted us with.

IMO

^_^

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually took the time to read this whole THREAD.. I admit some parts were funny.. but Jinx.. seriously... it seems to me like you spend a LOT of time thinking through this.. and it's a good thing to put a lot of effort into an idea that most disagree with.
I don't see straight-out "explicit" objections against your idea, I just see a damaged ego gone to hell because you probably took a ridiculous amount of time to elaborate something that was shot down faster than a hot air ballon in a war zone... and yes it DOES suck when that happens, its completely understandable.

Personally I can see some fun in your idea, but actually imagining myself using this system (and still clinging to old 1.1 memories) and enjoying it as much as I enjoyed previous versions of ESF just seems far-fetched... or straight out impossible.

ESF has already defined itself with its melee system, and the one featured in 1.3 will be a more advanced version, an upgrade to something already established long ago.. the idea is to preserve that feel ESF has gifted us with.

IMO

My problem is he didn't take a long time to think about this, which is evident when you begin comparing his idea to its source material. It's annoying and aggravating.

Last edited:
whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude jinx, you realize, that the better ESF players set their mouse sensitivity to like 15-40 making it impossible for any real control on such a tiny scale.

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well now he's dissapeared... I guess he took a hint :eek:

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sling enough mud at a wall, somethings gotta stick.

Oh and thanks Nixanthros for reinforcing my point.

Maybe Jinx might actually get around to reading the 1.3 Melee outline. I was rocking in my chair, playing the system in my head as i read it, and i was getting tingles just from the solid yet simple offensive and defensive controls. Really thought through pseudo - loophole/bugspots accounted for. You have to have a really definitive, solid gameplan to top that, lets be honest.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
StealthSudaka I actually took the time to read this whole THREAD.. I admit some parts were funny.. but Jinx.. seriously... it seems to me like you spend a LOT of time thinking through this.. and it's a good thing to put a lot of effort into an idea that most disagree with.

IMO

^_^

lol..

I think this melee would suit a Headon burst melee of somesort, I put up the idea altho incomplete,.. because it has lots of potential lol and I thought people would see its potential too..

Maybe ill spend some time to revise it

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol..

I think this melee would suit a Headon burst melee of somesort, I put up the idea altho incomplete,.. because it has lots of potential lol and I thought people would see its potential too..

Maybe ill spend some time to revise it
Better yet, spend time learning how to take criticism of all various shapes and forms. How do you expect to improve upon your ideas if you're going to be picky about who you listen to? Sure, my criticism could've been more constructive, I don't deny that. But either way, I let you know how I felt about your suggestion which, put simply:

"Doesn't sound like it would be fun".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom