A GREAT melee system Idea

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
(~Attention Grabber!~)

Currently Posting

Okay, because I thught this system had so much potential I went and made a thread just for it.

Essentially this is how it could work.

Intead of adding more buttons to remember for another melee system, which could complicate things.. let's use what the computer is so well known to have, "The Mouse".

Think about it.. the mouse is what makes this game different from the other dbz games on console, so lets try to exploit it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jinx's Melee System W.I.P (editing)

Note: This new melee will not only look flashy, but unlike all console dbz games it has the huge potential to not seem repetitive along with having more then 1 target, and still being easy to play.

To be honest I haven't thoroughly thought through how this melee system will have players engage, but here is what I've came up with off the top of my head.

-Engaging another player:

To engage another player with this new melee, players may swoop into another player while holding L-Click with melee selected, after a player has blocked basic melee the attacker may switch to L-Click to continue his/her attack with this new melee, ANd this melee could also be placed as a transition for "Head-Ons".( After a basic melee head on, the first person to press L-Click while holding forward would becom the attacker, while the other person becomes the defender)

How the Melee System works in a 1vs1 scenario:

---INTERFACE---
After two players engage, and the attacker and the defender have been declared, these two interfaces would appear on both players screen.

Attacker:

Defender Interface:

Due to the forums only allowing me to upload so many images in 1 post ill continue on my next post

Last edited:

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're not giving us much to work with here.

Edit

Don't worry about an attention grabber. Simply seeing your name under the latest thread is enough to get anyone's attention.

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's not really much of a suggestion. You need to start finishing your threads and ideas before submitting them Jinx. I'm not really sure where you want to go with this right now.

In any case, it should be worth noting that the long dead mod GHP was planning using mouse movements as a way of initiating beam attacks. For example, instead of holding down a button to charge a kamehameha, moving the mouse in three circles would charge the attack.

If your thinking of something along those lines, then no. ESF shouldn't go down that route.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
After these interfaces come up, the mouse(crosshair) begins to shake rapidly.

Each shake signifies an attack. (So obviously we'll be seeing a DBZ style of fighting)

The Job of an Attacking player is to control the violent shakes within the Zones. When the mouse is shaking in the zones the player is attacking, when the mouse is shaking outside of the zones the player is missing, giving the defender the opportunity to become the attacker.

All attacks are divided into 3 different categories

Strong: Do slight damage even when blocked. Heavy damage if not blocked.

Medium: Does no damage when blocked. Medium Damage when blocked.

Weak: No damage when blocked. Weak Damage if blocked.

Each attack drains the same amount of ki ( A very small amount), so while in this mode your ki slowly/steadily drains.. which makes this a melee that would be the better choice for doing more damage at the cost of using up less ki.

This system could have a HUGE amount of possible attacks to make this one flashy looking melee.

As you can see, from the pie chart.. the variety of attacks could be VERY large, depending on how thin you divide the slices of each "Attack Category".

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Defense:

Works in a similar fasion. After taking the first "engaging" hit.. the defender's crosshair shakes because of the hit. All hits after this one, will determinethe strength of each shake.

So if my mouse shakes while in a strong attack zone, then as a result your mouse while shake abit more violently, more likely causing your mouse to shake out of the block zone, allowing me to make some hits with my next shake.

Counters:

There are two ways to counter.

1) If the attacker is missing, the defender may attempt to "Become the attacker" by holding L-Click, and holding the mouse within the "Block Zone" for two seconds. During the 2 seconds a small meter could fill up.

If successfull the interfaces swap, if the attacker throws an attack while you do this, the meter shatters you take the hit.

2) The Second way to counter is to have your mouse shake while its within the counter ZONE. This wont flip the interfaces but will cause you to couter their move with an attack of your own.

Ill continue in my next post how this melee could work with more then 1vs1vs1 scenario or a 2vs1

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
In a 1vs1 scenario the interface would look something like this..

In a 1vs1vs1 or a 2vs 1scenario the interface could look something like this.

It's really simple really... since this is now a 2vs1 or a 1vs1vs1 scenerio, its not a back/forth kinda thing so the interface is slightly different..

The center is for blocking... and the left/ right side is to attack either player....I dont think their should be a counter move while in this scenario tho...

The only thing I haven't gave though tto about this system was how a player could break away.. and I'm 2 lazy to do it now I'm ready to hear opinions

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is possibly the greatest idea I've ever read on this forum.

No this isn't. If there's a God, Jinx will spend a week thinking through his ideas so I don't have to do this every single day. This idea is wholly unnecessary, needlessly complex and does not make ESF better in any way.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
This is possibly the greatest idea I've ever read on this forum.

No this isn't. If there's a God, Jinx will spend a week thinking through his ideas so I don't have to do this every single day. This idea is wholly unnecessary, needlessly complex and does not make ESF better in any way.
Nothing is complicated about trying to control a shaking crosshair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7roI5JG_i6o Watch 1:15 to 1:20 this is a somewhat OK example of a shaking crosshair.. the player is trying to move those circle withinthe center circle using the joysticks.. he has to struggle to do so because they're shaking. I'll try to find a better vid where the player has been knocked out harder

Last edited:

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, basically when you engage in melee, you sit there trying to keep your crosshair within a circle. That sounds incredibly boring.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like how Jinx steals an idea from a game, posts a vid of said game and says, "This is alright representation of the idea I just stole from this exact game".

I don't see how this idea can transcend fps and ping issues, nor do I ever want to see something like this in ESF, a game unlike any other.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Obviously you've never played Fight Night...

When your trying to get up from a knockdown late in the fight , the 2 circles are shaking so voilent that it's really a struggle to get the circles within the "recovery zone".

So you wont be sitting there as your mouse wooshes alittle bit to the left here.. alittle their.. NO

your mouse will be jerking and youll have to focus to control it.. whether your attacking OR defending

--

As for ping.. i dont think it would be much of a problem for one player to tell how hard another player's mouse should be jerking

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And it's impossible to beat this by raising my sens how?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
raise your sense if you want your mouse is jerking in "random" directons..

according to a RATIO of your sensitivity .. so its @ the same difficulty for all players

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Obviously you've never played Fight Night...

When your trying to get up from a knockdown late in the fight , the 2 circles are shaking so voilent that it's really a struggle to get the circles within the "recovery zone".

So you wont be sitting there as your mouse wooshes alittle bit to the left here.. alittle their.. NO

your mouse will be jerking and youll have to focus to control it.. whether your attacking OR defending
Regardless of how you change your wording, you're still sitting there, trying to keep your crosshair within a circle.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Regardless of how you change your wording, you're still sitting there, trying to keep your crosshair within a circle.
Yea just like in Fight Night..

as you'd put it.. your sitting their trying to put 2 circles in one circle..

but when you play its a great freature.. and it isn't boring..

and it isn't as if your sitting their for HOURS in this mode..

I haven't added how players break apart.. when I do I'll attempt to have two options for it.. one is "automatic" after taking so many hits.. another is something you have to work at to escape

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
raise your sense if you want your mouse is jerking in "random" directons..

according to a RATIO of your sensitivity .. so its @ the same difficulty for all players
You and I both know that isn't going to work. I'm going to raise my sens both ingame and through my mouse manager, and because my mouse moves faster, I'm going to be able to aim, and move the cursor faster.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea just like in Fight Night..

as you'd put it.. your sitting their trying to put 2 circles in one circle..

but when you play its a great freature.. and it isn't boring..

and it isn't as if your sitting their for HOURS in this mode..

I haven't added how players break apart.. when I do I'll attempt to have two options for it.. one is "automatic" after taking so many hits.. another is something you have to work at to escape
No, not like in Fight Night. In Fight Night, you're not sitting there trying to get two cursors within a small circle unless you were knocked out. Most of the time you're using the analog sticks to move around and throw combinations.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
You and I both know that isn't going to work. I'm going to raise my sens both ingame and through my mouse manager, and because my mouse moves faster, I'm going to be able to aim, and move the cursor faster.
I'm sure their is a way to read someone's mouse sensitivity..

possibly by averaging how fast it moves across a certain amount of pixels if

not this then another way

No, not like in Fight Night. In Fight Night, you're not sitting there trying to get two cursors within a small circle unless you were knocked out. Most of the time you're using the analog sticks to move around and throw combinations.
are you playing stupid..

what happens when you are knocked out... if your calling the period where you're knocked out boring then be my guest..

I've already posted my idea.. ill be back later and hopefully more optimistic people will take a look at this..

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sure their is a way to read someone's mouse sensitivity..

possibly by averaging how fast it moves across a certain amount of pixels if

not this then another way
Yeah, let's stop them from working on a good melee system so they can do something trivial and completely unnecessary (and probably impossible). You should be in charge of the mod, Jinx. We'd be done in no time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom