S.O.T.M. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that I could possibly enjoy this render more, but I think it would be good to enter my signature a bit late this time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Shiyo approves of this render and is tempted to enter, even though he doesn't feel confident he'd stand a chance.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Shiyo approves of this render and is tempted to enter, even though he doesn't feel confident he'd stand a chance.
Standing a chance takes only 50% of the purpose of entering a SOTW/SOTM, the other 50% is just for fun, to see how many people voted for you, and for just plain taking a shot in the dark and hoping that you will win.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're right, I guess I could give it a shot. O:

I've been wanting to do more graphics work, but haven't really had much inspiration. This competition seems interesting.

I'll try and cook something up if I can find the time for it. ;x

What's the deadline for this competition?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you enter Shiyo, there is a chance you win. If you don't, you'll lose either way. Anyway, I think we should have an addition to the rules.

Whoever wins this SOTM, get's to start the next one with his or her own preferred theme or stock. It will keep things a bit more fresh and interesting.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you enter Shiyo, there is a chance you win. If you don't, you'll lose either way. Anyway, I think we should have an addition to the rules.

Whoever wins this SOTM, get's to start the next one with his or her own preferred theme or stock. It will keep things a bit more fresh and interesting.
I think that's fine, but it might have to include a moderator's decision as well as contestant agreement.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
duuh
Starting on First February
Ending on 25th February
Voting starts on 25th Fabruary
Voting ends on 29th February
New SOTM starts on 1st March

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hm.. it's not bad, but it looks a lot like that previous sig you made for the previous competition. The background is very similar, it has similar particles in it, they're just a different color.

It doesn't really showcase the character very well, I think. Sorry, no vote from me. ;x

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok....why the hell do I get an entire black background when I open it in photoshop? That just does not work when trying to cut it out. Seeing as how the shadows in the render are black as well...But it's a png, those allow transperancy, it should open just transparant.

My seriously failed attempt at trying something else than a brushed background. Well, so far this will be my entry. Might try something else later on if I can be bothered. I suck at Photoshop these days.

Edit: Ow...I just saw the rules...Well that sucks. Well in any case, still my entry if it's allowed.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What? Compared to your standards? Funny...

On a side note LuckyAss. Your signature is crap, why? Not because of the background smudging or anything. But because of your render usage. If you look closely at your signature, you will notice to big black bars to the right and left of Spidey. Which is a case of crappy cutting and bad blending.

So, what have you learned today? Never say someone else's signature sucks, when you can't even get your own right.
Art for you is smudging and brushing, which just isn't art. Art for an artist is atmosphere. Which I tried to create by trying to make it look like Spidey was swinging trough a city. If you had even a little talent in art, you would notice that, and not just say "Lulz, EVEN I can says it suxorzz!"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it is, but EVEN I can say it sux
Wow that's very detailed criticism.

@Sicron

The bg feels off, because it doesn't support the movement of spidey. He looks like he's moving to the bottom right corner,
but the buildings don't look like they continue in that direction (it's hrad to explain.

IMO the render itself isn't really suitable, because the thread thingies will always look bad when scaled down.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I understand what you are trying to say, I could fix it, but then I would have to model and texture my own city and render it for a couple of hours :p. It's hard to find a 3d city in a matching perspective.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going to go ahead and break the rules by posting my signature attempt already, as i would already forget it by tomorrow..

I didn't put much effort to it, as you can see... ;_;

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Legendary: I think you should either remove "slinger" or add "web" so that it reads web slinger. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, a typo which i didn't even see. I'll fix it right away, thanks for the notice.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Supposed to be reading, but did this instead. Subject to change.

Also is anyone is interested I made a small change to my SOTM 1 entry featuring correct spelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom