Help a broda out i wanna test my maps out

Best answers
Hi there im new to esf and stuff and i have a question i have downloaded this map pack http://esf-world.gamers-desire.de/file/870/SDBZ_Map-Pack.html its the sdbz one. Now the problem i have is when i try to load some maps(well in this case sdbz_capsule) i get this error message.

No detail texture mapping file: maps/sdbz_capsule_detail.txt
L 01/19/2008 - 12:01:28: -------- Mapchange to sdbz_capsule --------
< Core > Microsoft Windows > 25c1464fd00aa9fd4c1c6dfb50a75bc4
Host_Error: PF_precache_model_I: Model 'models/metalplategibs.mdl' failed to precache because the item count is over the 512 limit.
Reduce the number of brush models and/or regular models in the map to correct this.

Can someone help me please i wanna host this map on my server(people have joined it with other maps)

some questions u mite ask me
am i using steam/ yes using any esf addons/ecx with bigpack 8.4 sorry if im not posting correctly i just really wanna play the map thanx.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
using any esf addons/ecx with bigpack 8.4
There is your reason right there.

HL cant handle more than 512 models. That includes player models aswell as map models. Basically said. You have to many models. Remember if the number of your player models (including transformations) + auras + the models ussed for transformation effects + map models is biger than 512 the game will crash with that error.

The only solution for you is to loose enough characters from ECX to lower the number below 512. Either that or forget playing maps with bigger amounts of models.

Best answers
thanx for telling me that grega ill try it now

hey but when i delete a character (and when ingame loading a server) it says fatal error missing (i remvoed videl and chiatzu) videl and chiaotzu am i deleting theme correctly. I am just removing them from the models folder(havent deleted the model file yet it is on my desktop)
please help thanx.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanx for telling me that grega ill try it now

hey but when i delete a character (and when ingame loading a server) it says fatal error missing (i remvoed videl and chiatzu) videl and chiaotzu am i deleting theme correctly. I am just removing them from the models folder(havent deleted the model file yet it is on my desktop)
please help thanx.
Removing the model files does nothing. The code still asks for them so you get missing model errors.

You have to remove the code. How to do that you should ask the people who made ECX.

Best answers
meh im kinda lazy lol i mite juz delete the damn ecx addon maybe well thanx again grega

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom