Would E.S.F. be better with a ranking system?

Would E.S.F. be better with a ranking system?

• Yes

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Best answers
A ranking system that shows that how good u r at the game, so u know when playin against noobs or if ur playin against veterans

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That would require all the servers to be connected... which isn't going to likely happen.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nah, cause in this game the number of kills you have dont mean ****. what i think would be cool is if the esf-team implemented a duel function, like in jedi academy, and you get a rank based off of how many duels you have won and lost.

it would just save to your esf main screen. still, its pointless so it doesnt matter either way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It'd also have to give you less points for defeating people in SSJ and so forth for it not to be abused. This idea just isn't doable.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nah, cause in this game the number of kills you have dont mean ****. what i think would be cool is if the esf-team implemented a duel function, like in jedi academy, and you get a rank based off of how many duels you have won and lost.

it would just save to your esf main screen. still, its pointless so it doesnt matter either way.
I voted yes because I want something like that. A dual system like in Jedi Academy that keeps tracks of how many wins / loses you have on that particular server (since it would be impossible to combine all servers).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Last time such a thing was ran on the esf-world servers it only led to laming for kills im afraid.

The people with actuall skill were mostly ranked 100+ where the average people who went to servers and lamed easy targets were mostly on top.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would be abused heavily if every server would be a ranking server. Idiots who start a duel and lose on purpose so the other guy wins. So it should only be allowed on several official servers. That way, you can also combine the official ranking servers and make sure it won't get abused [that much], as long as those duals can get moderated in a way. How you would go about doing that, I do not know, because you cannot get a moderator of some kind watch every fight, approve it, and add it to the ranking board.

Best answers
A ranking system is a good solution, and I have a solution on how to upload the stats without storing any password in the client/server side. There should be a main site for rankins, where data will be sent from servers. I could write this is amxmodx + php, I don't know to well c++ yet.
With cvars on/off people should be able to turn rankings on or off on their server, excelent ideea seems to me, too bad i don't have time to write a plugin :(.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I think it should be added, but only for those that has a sql server available.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if I remeber there's allready a raking system , even esf-world had one you DON'T NEED A RANK system to TELL you how GOOD you AR.You sould knwo your skill.I know Grega it's beter then me but I know where I know I can get beter if i play like a freaking maniac.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
if I remeber there's allready a raking system , even esf-world had one you DON'T NEED A RANK system to TELL you how GOOD you AR.You sould knwo your skill.I know Grega it's beter then me but I know where I know I can get beter if i play like a freaking maniac.
The amxx ranking system is major laggy. SQL ranking system database is much better. Plus, the ranking system of esf-world was on their servers only, not others.

Best answers
i was going to use the sql ;), an external db, so all the server to send data at one server or at their own sql.

Best answers
lmao, no, player statiscs, frags, deaths, a world ranking server, like the: hidden mod for hl2 has.

Best answers
I think theres gonna be too much competition then.... plus i can't even play esf properly cause i can't find ppl that play in my area (china - japan region) cause all the servers using bots not real ppl

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom