How can fix this?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's no way you can fix it. It's either a modeling or animation problem, both of which can only be fixed by those who worked on the model.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, then this should be easy to fix. Change the animation back. Damn I'm smooth.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spunky said:
Oh, then this should be easy to fix. Change the animation back. Damn I'm smooth.
Hey, I have a suggestion - don't reply unless it involves a solution to the problem at hand. I hate acting like a moderator, but I get really irritated when someone asking for help is given pointless replies like yours.

Morvin said:
Well... I forgot to say that model havent came with that animation... I took that animation from another model than I replaced on this model.
Not all models are the same size, so the bones you took from the other model have a chance of not fitting into a new model. Not to mention the bones from the other model were made specifically for that model. Even if you resized or modified the bones to fit the new model, there's a good chance it won't work. So, the only solution I have is to redo the entire skeleton or have someone else do it.

You could also ask on the "Model / Skin" forums and see if there's anyone in there that can be of better help than myself.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
Hey, I have a suggestion - don't reply unless it involves a solution to the problem at hand. I hate acting like a moderator, but I get really irritated when someone asking for help is given pointless replies like yours.
Good advice. I'll keep it in mind for the day I post a pointless reply. You basically shut down my advice, and then went on to say the same thing, only more elaborately. Of course I would be insane to assume he knows a thing or two about skeletal animation, since he appears to know enough to be able to swap animations. So I would also be insane to give him the simplest advice anyone could give him. I'm sorry for not holding his hand, but my advice is the simplest, most effective way of solving his problem.

**** me, right?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I totally agree with you! Ok i will ask there... I'm not sure if I thank you with that help you gave me on that aura sound, so thanks for that and for the suggestion!:yes:

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good advice. I'll keep it in mind for the day I post a pointless reply. You basically shut down my advice, and then went on to say the same thing, only more elaborately. Of course I would be insane to assume he knows a thing or two about skeletal animation, since he appears to know enough to be able to swap animations. So I would also be insane to give him the simplest advice anyone could give him. I'm sorry for not holding his hand, but my advice is the simplest, most effective way of solving his problem.

**** me, right?
I didn't suggest the same thing as you, nor did I elaborate on what you suggested. Let me break down your suggestion and I'll point out what was pointless about it:

Spunky said:
Three fragmented sentences, the first declaring that your suggestion is easy, the second, suggesting that Morvin doesn't do anything and leaves the models alone, and finally the third, declaring your suggestion is worthy of praise.

Declaring that your suggestion is easy to follow isn't a bad thing, in fact it lessens up the tension of the person you're helping. However, you stated it in a sarcastic way, despite your suggestion actually being easy. Then, for your suggestion, you told Morvin not to do anything. Why would you suggest something contradictory to what Morvin wanted/expected? Then, you declared your suggestion worthy of praise when it fact, in my opinion, it deserves none.

Now, comparing your suggestion to mine. Basically, I suggested the complete opposite of what you suggested. You suggested that Morvin does nothing, but I suggested that he should remake the skeleton. Unlike your suggestion, I took to time explaining mine, plus I gave more than one suggestion in case the first suggestion doesn't work or can't be done.

Morvin said:
I totally agree with you! Ok i will ask there... I'm not sure if I thank you with that help you gave me on that aura sound, so thanks for that and for the suggestion!
Anytime :D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If he were a modeler, I have no doubt he would have likely figured that out on his own. The fact that he came here seeking advice tells me that he isn't, or at least isn't experienced enough. I didn't feel my post was worthy of praise, I was merely joking. Of course, there seems to be a contagious, dimwitted sense of humor floating around the forums, and people are taking things way too seriously as of late. Having said that, I can't blame you for misinterpreting that part of my post. You are, after all, only human.

Now that you've taken the liberty to compare our two posts more thoroughly, I believe your advice was still bad in comparison to mine. He came here seeking advice. An experienced modeler/animator would have probably known what to do on his/her own in this situation. Suggesting that he seek help is redundant.

So yes, I gave the better, simpler advice. If you still want to argue like a couple of preschoolers fighting over a box of crayons, you're more than welcome to keep trying via PM. But for now, I say we let this thread continue on topic in peace.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If he were a modeler, I have no doubt he would have likely figured that out on his own. The fact that he came here seeking advice tells me that he isn't, or at least isn't experienced enough. I didn't feel my post was worthy of praise, I was merely joking. Of course, there seems to be a contagious, dimwitted sense of humor floating around the forums, and people are taking things way too seriously as of late. Having said that, I can't blame you for misinterpreting that part of my post. You are, after all, only human.

Now that you've taken the liberty to compare our two posts more thoroughly, I believe your advice was still bad in comparison to mine. He came here seeking advice. An experienced modeler/animator would have probably known what to do on his/her own in this situation. Suggesting that he seek help is redundant.

So yes, I gave the better, simpler advice. If you still want to argue like a couple of preschoolers fighting over a box of crayons, you're more than welcome to keep trying via PM. But for now, I say we let this thread continue on topic in peace.
I'm not trying to start an argument with you, there's no need for it. I apologize for over-reacting, but I'm someone who likes to help people, regardless of how little knowledge I have of what they need help with. I'll do what it takes to help someone out on these or any other forums, but why stop there, I'd help out anyone who needs it in real life as well. However, I really dislike pointless replies like the one you gave, because to me, it seemed that you were insulting the person in need of help. That's something I cannot tolerate. Call it what you will, but Molvin was asking how to fix the problem he had, not how to avoid it completely. So, I suggest you be more considerate of other's needs and actually look into what their problem is rather than say the first thing off the top of your head.

Likewise, if you wish to continue this any further, feel free to PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom