Power of the human mind.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I cdnoult blvelee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid! Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy. It deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are. The olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? Yaeh, and I awlyas touhght slpeling was ipmorantt.

I thought it was pretty interesting.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I understand it. However, just like people who use shorthand for every word in a sentence, those who capitalize every word, or those who use ****ty basic punctuation, I end up wanting to do something violent to them after reading what they've typed.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea i can rad it fluently ^^

Got this in a mail a few weeks back ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy **** I actually read that easily. Good bye grmmar and spllenig!

For a second I was like "Oh dear, it seems that RavenTrunks is drunk" but nevermind. I can also read words that are typed backwards rather easier than I thought I would.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's of course understandable, but rather annoying to look at. gb2/skool/ (mmmmm, smells like lame irony coming from the direction of Karrde)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is old, really old, but still amazing. I wonder if it works for japanese?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well to be compleetly honest. This was the last thing i was expectiong to see again under that title. I allready had my hopes up for some telekinetic abilities or stuff like that ^^

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Heh, that was indeed odd that I could just fully understand them like normal proper spelled words.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw this years ago. How have so many people not?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
amazing thing is that it wasnt even annoying to read, it was basically like reading un-****tified english

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dear God...you're absolutely right. Hell, I can't understand a damned word of l33t speak, but I could read every word of the first post at top speed. I know that the human mind is quite capable of filling in parts of a word that are mispelled or missing, but to think it could go this far? I can only imagine how much unnoticed subconscious processing is actually going on. It must be gigantic in comparison to what we feel, but it certainly explains how the human mind adapts to reading at optimum speeds. Truly fascinating!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You'd be surprised of what other things the human mind is capable of.

Best answers
Keiha said:
Please go swallow a knife, I hate you.

But on another note, yeah I heard about this about 2 years ago...

The first 5 seconds into reading I knew exactly what it was, never gets boring :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What the Hell? Keiha, why is my Dane Cook quote being quoted by you?

Best answers
I remember this from some crappy magazine like Reader's Digest, it is pretty interesting though.

It reminds me of this (highlight) happinessisnowhere

After you've read it

(Highlight)Apparently a pessimist will read "Happiness is nowhere" and someone with a more optimistic outlook will read it as "Happiness is now here", I got the former when I read it.

Food for thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom