6-Year-Old on Terrorist Watch List

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The father of a 6-year-old Ohio girl who turned up on the U.S. government's terror watch list says the worst thing his daughter has ever done is probably been mean to her sister.

But Santhosh Thomas, a doctor from Westlake, Ohio, says he's sure that's not enough to land his 6-year-old Alyssa on the no-fly list of suspected terrorists. "She may have threatened her sister, but I don't think that constitutes Homeland Security triggers," he told CNN.

An airline ticket agent informed the family of their predicament when they embarked on recent trip from Cleveland to Minneapolis. "They said, 'Well, she's on the list.' We're like, okay, what's the story? What do we have to do to get off the list? This isn't exactly the list we want to be on," Thomas said.

Source: http://www.aolnews.com/nation/artic...thomas-turns-up-on-terror-watch-list/19532082

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
6 years old >.>

Never knew the terrorists are a kindergarden.

Honestly they should press charges against the state.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm telling you guys! Bomb all the kindergartens and schools. Terrorists may be trained there!

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Probably for trying to extort jelly beans.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't mean to defend the machine, but perhaps, you know, someone with the same name is a person of interest, and removing the name from the list would remove the person of interest from the list as well since it doesn't distinguish between ages.

Just throwing that out there.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
^ Truly a poor way of identifying potential terrorists if all you have is a name. Surely there is more to it than that as there's bound to be more people who share the same name as those on that list.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I read this the other day; there are ~six billion people on the planet, there are going to be more than one person with the same first, middle, and last name in the world. They're not basing it off merely a name.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
An individual's file isn't freely available to everyone, and so certain agencies, like the TSA, for example, are stuck with matching names on the list. Hence the 14 million false positives that one can find through a simple google search. While it may not be entirely efficient, keep in mind that so far it has been other countries who have allowed persons of special interest to board their aircraft only to realize they probably shouldn't after he shat out a bomb that didn't go off. And then they look at the list and say, "Oh. Our bad."

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate it when you justify something. What am I going to do with all this rage?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you suggesting I become a Catholic priest?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Youd think that they would notice a misstake when the person if interest is 6 years old >.>

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They did, but unless we're going to start handing out dossiers to everyone, they have nothing but a name to go by, and so it'll remain on the list.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We they know its not the 6 year old. So how about using her SSN, next to the name with a label "Not this one" or something. Its the friggin digital age corrections like those can be done in minutes, even though the birocracy usually makes those minutes into days >.<

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Brings a whole new meaning to terrotots

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom