6/6/06

Best answers
Deman said:
Hey hey hey, no need to rag on him so much. I used to be super religious back in the day, and viewing movies that seemed to go against my faith didn't shake it any. No, instead whenever I saw movies like that it just used to really give me a sick feeling in my stomach and weren't enjoyable.

It's just like being 100% torture, then going to see something like Hostel. It gives you this sinking feeling in your stomach that isn't at all enjoyable.
Thanks, thats EXACTLY what I was trying to say. I got the same feeling when I watched the Passion of the Christ. That sick feeling in your stomach.

Anyway, whats the movie that I wanted to see? The Omen?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But....the Passion of the Christ is from the Bible...

I hated the original Omen movies.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really can't see why religion figures criticise films, I mean we do live life after all. However they seemed to love Passions of the christ, so If more god movies were made and released in cinemas, I wonder how'd the react to other films.

I really don't see the point in religion figures criticising films, I mean come on, the matured mind would not go out tryying to think he could do magic tricks like Harry Potter or fly like superman. Sure when I was 4yrs old I use to think I was Peter pan and once dressed up as peter pan when I was 6yrs old for some kindergadren dress up day. I wonder if the religious figures would criticise my parents for such things, I mean kids like to imagine things, & to anyone it's apart of the fun of being a kid, playying dress ups, regardless of whether or not the influence be something they criticise or not. I really don't see how it causes harm to a religious follower to actually see a movie that they criticise, I mean If I were to belive in magic after seeing Harry Potter, would I really be concidered or judged to be of the devil, even if I didn't belive in magic and still watched the movie & liked it/enjoyed it would some of the followers consider me to be a bad person 0_o?.

Best answers
General Overlord said:
Sure when I was 4yrs old I use to think I was Peter pan and once dressed up as peter pan when I was 6yrs old for some kindergadren dress up day.
hahahah lmao!!!! sorry...

General Overlord said:
would I really be concidered or judged to be of the devil, even if I didn't belive in magic and still watched the movie & liked it/enjoyed it would some of the followers consider me to be a bad person 0_o?.
most likely yes becuz magic is considered sorcery and i know that sorcery is considered to be evil, like when they killed women cuz they thought they were witches back in the day... but now a days u dont really get criticized for anything!!! everything that used to be considered 'inapropriate' is nothing now!!! think of how much times have changed in such a small amount of time, we barely started to advance technologically in the 1990s!!!

Random

R
It's all about money anyways. I doubt its about someone's faith being wavered, but rather someone's time being wasted seeing a movie like the beast.:] Also, a movie like Harry Potter dives deeply into the occult so it's no wonder why a Christian would choose not to see it. Some may still, it's thier choice but some won't. Things are still considered inapropriate now just because certain people don't stand for what they believe in and firmly say some things are wrong and I dont think we have advanced morally at all.

Best answers
RISKY.. said:
hahahah lmao!!!! sorry...
I'll admit that I dressed up as Peter Pan in 1st grade, he was the **** back then

Being a former fervent Lutheran who now has lost his way and is looking for it again, I find all movies on this related topic to either suck ass, or just be stupid in general (mind you I'm talking about the non-fantastical type, so yes I did love Constantine).

666 is just a number, sure translations of the bible say that it is the mark of the beast...so what? Those same translations also say that the Earth is the realm of Satan, where he rules, God abiding. The bible says a lot of things that are meant both literally and figuratively. However, nowhere to my knowledge does the bible say that the world is going to end on a date that has three sixes in it. Did God create our dating system? No, man did. So are you going to tell me that man is going to decide when the world will end? No, stupid. It's just another man-made date.

As to the movies, they are just using an opportunity, like any cut-throat capitalist business would.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, man did. So are you going to tell me that man is going to decide when the world will end? No, stupid. It's just another man-made date.
But God made man, and God is all-knowing. He would have known the calendar we would later adopt and could have planned the rapture for a certain day.

...but that's if you believe in this whole schpiel to start with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom