6/6/06

Best answers
frsrblch said:
You should note that today's date is May 7, 2005, or 7/5/06.
Wait, isnt it May 7, 2006 or did I miss something? (and May 7, 2006 = 5/7/06... right?)

Now, back ontopic....

Im confused about this whole 6/6/2006 thing? What's it mean, and why is there a commotion ( if you want to call it a "commotion") being brought up about it?

Anyone mind filling in the gaps for me?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He meant 2005, and in Europe its day/month/year.

6/6/06 = 666 = Devil crap.

Best answers
so dont worry bout it?

I wasnt gonna anyway, I was just curious. now about these movies. I am definately NOT gonna see these, It'd be against my faith to support this ****.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have no idea how these movies could possibly be against your faith, but ok. I'm sure a lot of people are going to go see them because of the topic. Hell, I might go see them because that day happens once every century. Sure, I've been around for 3 Verses already, but 100 years is a long time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's it mean, and why is there a commotion ( if you want to call it a "commotion") being brought up about it?
Have you never heard Iron Maiden?

Your faith doesn't care if you go to a movie about the anti-christ. Technically, you'd be supporting your faith because at the end of the movie, they save humanity from Satan. It'll be just like Constantine, Little Nicky, or that movie with Arnold Scwarzenhaggen, whatever it's called. Now, if it was The Da Vinci Code, that I could understand...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I just wanna see what the new Omen will look like, I kinda disregard the date.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
so dont worry bout it?

I wasnt gonna anyway, I was just curious. now about these movies. I am definately NOT gonna see these, It'd be against my faith to support this ****.
I didn't realize seeing a movie automatically meant you renounce your faith.

Best answers
this has nothing to do with religion, its just that its been speculated publicly that the date 6/6/06 is supposed to mean something but the question is wat??? they just want to leave us guessing.. kinda like y2k like some other guy said

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RISKY.. said:
this has nothing to do with religion, its just that its been speculated publicly that the date 6/6/06 is supposed to mean something but the question is wat??? they just want to leave us guessing.. kinda like y2k like some other guy said
How does it have nothing to do with religion? The bible says 666 is the mark of the devil. Last time I checked, the bible was pretty religious, but I'm no expert.

It's not Y2K, nothing is 'supposed' to happen. Y2K something was supposed to happen, and then it didn't.

I'm telling you, it's a movie billboard. Probably for The Omen.

Best answers
yea I guess... they r trying to start controversy(sp??) tho thats for sure!! but then again that leads to big amounts of $$$$$$$$$$$$$ so i see how it works.. but then that means everyones being ignorant to the "speculations" ... and im just saying theres always a chance for anything, even speculations... but yea i agree with u about the omen movie, i read the article

Best answers
DOOM IS UPON US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOOOOOM!

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I heard they messed up translating or something and it turned out it wasn't 666 that was the number of the "beast" or w/e?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think they "realize" they messed up the translation every 10 years or so in order to fit the new "THE WORLD IS GOING TO END IN THE YEAR X" theories.

At one point, they said the number was really 999 and not 666, therefore the world would end in the year 1999. As you can see, they were right.

Best answers
frsrblch said:
Have you never heard Iron Maiden?

Your faith doesn't care if you go to a movie about the anti-christ. Technically, you'd be supporting your faith because at the end of the movie, they save humanity from Satan. It'll be just like Constantine, Little Nicky, or that movie with Arnold Scwarzenhaggen, whatever it's called. Now, if it was The Da Vinci Code, that I could understand...
Yes I have heard of Iron Maiden... I dont listen to them though, and what do they have to do with 6/6/06?

Now for the "my faith" comment I made. Its my process of thinking. I think that If I see a movie about how Jesus never existed or how god isnt real than that is rebelling my faith. You guys probably dont see it that way, but thats how i think. Dont like it, thats alright with me.

And you said that at the end of the movie, they save the earth from the Devil. See, I didn't know that. I thought these movies are all about "dont support god" and **** like that. Thats why I wasnt gonna see them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So.. basically you just only want to see that which supports your faith?

Why? Movies are fiction. Why should a movie change how you view your faith?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If your faith is so easily shaken by a movie, then I would suggest that your faith isn't that strong to begin with.

Now, who am I to question your faith, I'm just saying, it's just a movie, you obviously know what you stand for and believe in. There's nothing wrong with seeing a movie that goes contrary to your faith. Because nobody is forcing you to believe the movie's message.

As long as at the end of the movie, your faith is as strong as it was when you went in, you're not rebelling against anything.

If anything, take it as a chance to strengthen your faith. See the movie, and say, "this is crap", and come out with stronger beliefs than you went in with.

If you have the mindset that this movie is going to somehow destroy your beliefs, then it will.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey hey hey, no need to rag on him so much. I used to be super religious back in the day, and viewing movies that seemed to go against my faith didn't shake it any. No, instead whenever I saw movies like that it just used to really give me a sick feeling in my stomach and weren't enjoyable.

It's just like being 100% torture, then going to see something like Hostel. It gives you this sinking feeling in your stomach that isn't at all enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom