Linux Dedicated Server Files, Metamod, and AMX mod X

TREX
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Greetings, I am very pleased to post here at this website, but I am need of your assistance.

I have been having great difficulty regarding finding the proper files and I want to know the precise files and information available. To this end, I have quite a few questions that I would very much appreciate having the answers to. Thank you very much for your time and paitience regarding this information.

What was the final release of the linux dedicated server?
What version is this release?
If it is not the latest, can it be upgraded?

Compatability Problems with AMX mod x and metamod with ESF, some questions need answering, I will post the error log for the metamod in my post shortly.

The amx mod x team is unsure of this problem, and the setup of the metamod has been checked over a dozen times, I have reinstalled the setup completely 12 times, so I want to make sure I am using the correct linux files.

If it is possible, could the links to these files be provided for use?

In the server, MetaMod v1.19p28 was used, and AMX Mod X version 1.71 was used,is there any problems with this set up? For comparison, I see that in HLSW I see that the hl2files.com server uses AMXX 1.71 and Metamod v1.19 and in Club Karma's AMX Mod X 1.70 is used, with MetaMod v1.19p28. If anyone could provide assistance, this would be greatly appreciated.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
let me see your liblist.gam, metamod.cfg, plugins (for metamod), and the error you get.

*pisst*
Tank god for some one that finally posts the problem in its entirety. :D

TREX
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Server Difficulties

Well I have ran a few servers of my own, and I know problems can be caused by miniscule mistakes, so a vague question and explanation does not help.

Here is the liblist.gam file
//Earth Special Forces Game Info file
game "Earth`s Special Forces"
url_info "http://www.esforces.com"
url_dl "http://www.esforces.com/files.php"
version "Beta 1.2.3"
size "125002292"
svonly "0"
cldll "0"
type "multiplayer_only"
nomodels "1"
gamedll "dlls\hl.dll"
//gamedll "esf_bot\esf_bot.dll"
//gamedll_linux "linuxdlls/hl_i386.so"
gamedll_linux "addons/metamod/dlls/metamod_i386.so"

Here is the plugins.ini file

; linux addons/adminmod/dlls/admin_MM_i386.so
linux addons/amxmodx/dlls/amxmodx_mm_i386.so

Here is the error

Console initialized.
Protocol version 47
Exe version 1.1.2.0/Stdio (valve)
Exe build: 20:06:30 Mar 7 2006 (3421)
STEAM Auth Server
couldn't exec language.cfg
Server IP address 216.126.83.38:27016
Metamod version 1.19p28 Copyright (c) 2001-2006 Will Day
Patch: Metamod-P (mm-p) v28 Copyright (c) 2004-2006 Jussi Kivilinna
Metamod comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `meta gpl'.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; type `meta gpl' for details.
==================
Game DLL version mismatch
DLL version is 140, engine version is 140
The game DLL for esf appears to be outdated, check for updates
==================
Host_Error:
FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error:
Add "-debug" to the /home/gameservers/halflife/DigiPimps/legit/hlds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
Tue Apr 11 22:54:50 EDT 2006: Server restart in 10 seconds
Console initialized.
Protocol version 47
Exe version 1.1.2.0/Stdio (valve)
Exe build: 20:06:30 Mar 7 2006 (3421)
STEAM Auth Server
couldn't exec language.cfg
Server IP address 216.126.83.38:27016
Metamod version 1.19p28 Copyright (c) 2001-2006 Will Day
Patch: Metamod-P (mm-p) v28 Copyright (c) 2004-2006 Jussi Kivilinna
Metamod comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `meta gpl'.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; type `meta gpl' for details.
==================
Game DLL version mismatch
DLL version is 140, engine version is 140

The plugin used for metamod is AMX mod X v1.71, the metamod being used is v1.19p28, and a metamod.cfg is not being used.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Just to let you know, AMX Mod X v1.71, and Metamod v1.19p28 are working fine together. My server (HL2Files.com game server) was working fine with it. I'm just using a metamod now which is in beta stage, which ain't released yet. Anyway, it might or might not help. But i recommend you would install this version of the game. Earth Special Forces V1.2.3 Linux Full Installer. It might fix your problems.

Oh, as an extra tip. Last time i had problems with this, but if your server is refusing to start. Perhaps with or without metamod / AMX Mod X, then create a folder in your main ESF Directory called "dlls". And copy the dll files from linuxdlls to dlls. (Or it was the other way around). Hope it helps you :)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OK I just woke up, and I have a general idea of your problem. I will post later today about a few fixes that I know about.

Afew things worry me on your error that makes me think this is not a metamod problem, but I think you said that metamod is the problem so I wont bother too much.

TREX
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Server Configuration

Greetings once again to all of you!

To start things off, the file that FF|Skyrider linked was the file that we were using originally but we could not get it to work and tried many other packages, but I used it again (thank you very much for the link) and started fresh, and after many hours of fiddling around with cvars and other things the server has now started and is running successfully.

WHAT WAS DONE:

The files were copied from the linuxdll to the dll folder, and things were set up the normal way, however the server was crashing about every 10 seconds when the non default server.cfg was used for some unknown reason, however so we just adjusted some cvars, restarted many times, and tinkered for quite some time and now it is running successfully.

May I suggest that this be stickied and saved for all eternity to save someone else 100 hours of work, as we have been working every night for the past month on this server, and this is an obscure problem which the answer to should be preserved, as there is not a great deal of esf servers as you may have noticed, and it tested my paitience to get this running properly, and most would have simply given up, so this is a fix which be brought into the public domain.

Thank you both very much for your help, thank you FF|Skyrider for the dll files problem, and thank you KilledWithStyle for your sugegstions and help, and also your advanced mode melee, we have this set up on the server, as well as the voice quality instuctions, although I was already aware of this from prior experience.

As another thing, I noticed several servers are running sv_aim "1" which is aiming aissistance and should probably be disabled for obvious reasons, unless there is a good reason to have it on.

It is very nice to have a fully functional server, I will be pleased to assist both of you and anyone else with the experience learned from this trial of will. I hope anyone else who needs or will be in ened of this knowledge sees this thread.

I hope to see you all on the server (New IP Address: 216.126.83.41:27015) enjoying the wonderful game that ESF is, and have a wonderful day!

Best answers
Dedicated Server

hello you guy's

i'm new at the server creating game
i don't really have a problem but i wanna go and use plugins

so my Q is can i use plugins on a Dedicated Server
- were can i find them
- how do i use them
- it this the same for other games in steam (counter-strike , hl2 DM , ..ect)

consel
you have some commands in consel like sv_gravity "800"
i know you have more off them but i don't now what
all of those commands really mean
- can some one make a new text doc or a site where i can figure it al out

thanks for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom