1st Human Model

Best answers
Hello all, been a good while since I've made a topic about a model. Think the last one was about my M1A1 Thompson model :p

Anyway, after doing weapons for a good while I wanted a break and thought i'd take my chance with characters. After speaking to Mad_AxMan on msn he helped me with a human ref to base a body off and a nice lighting set up :D nice of him really.

Like I said in my title, its my first go so im sorry if i've messed areas up or not done something right..I tend to get better as I do more and more.

I think the Tri count was around 7k last time I checked, I know its a tad high so i'll have to work on that, sorry.

Thanks for the read and any help and comments I get.

Edit: Going by the side image I just only really looked at, I need to beef the arms up abit more.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
His back is not posed correctly, as he look like he is going to fall over. Also, there are some wasted polygons on the skirt and torso, and you can 'Backspace' some edges on the feet.

What type of warrior is this? Roman? If so, there should be leather straps from his waist to his knees, for showing the rank of the warrior, and to protect the groin. I also don't believe that they wore boots. They wore sandals with leather (or steel) guards, protecting the shin.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont know aaaaaaaanything about how accurate it is historically, but i think youve got a damned fine base to build on.

i would agree you could give him some posture for sure. in fact, because at the moment the chest is looking weird, it could all be fixed by grabbing every vertex upward of his abdomen (and all of the arm/head verts) and pulling them back a bit, to give his back some curve, and stop his chest protruding so much.

i really like it so far! good job, hope to see more :)

Best answers
Hes based on a Spartan, from the game and from research I have off the net etc.

I'll fix his back and fix up the chest plate etc, I knew i'd have to remove some polys.

Thanks for the quick feedback.

Best answers
Lol oi, btw if your a Newcastle fan good luck for the Chelsea match :p

Face shot, sorry its not grand (btw its based off me :p)

Yes..its clear, I am a newb lol modeling a head is a hell of alot harder then most guns i've done :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom