56K Should I join?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey, i only have a 56k modem, and I have nevered played any half-life mod over the internet. so my question is, would i lag up the servers too bad if i was to join? Because i dont want to join a game just to hear everyone complain that its getting real laggy.

Best answers
Well,i have alot of friends that play 56k, and some lag, but nothing excessively huge. You should be okay, but see for yourself :)

Best answers
no lag, but you will be helpless, low pingers get advantage over high pingers in melee!

Best answers
NO! dont play youll not only be rocked and eventually be anoyed but you will inflict painfull lag on everyone else.

Best answers
i play on 56k to the esforces server in USA (im in AU) and i never seem to get less than 400 ping, but i can still get some points using melee and beams. but i am a well seasoned modem player so i am very used to playing with lag. and no one complains at me about lag, maybe that is caused by packet loss or something?

if you've never played on modem internet games before you should try to find a server in your country and play there becuase you ping can get down to less than 100 if it is a really fast or local server. we almost got < 100 ping when the game server was on our ISP's network.

Best answers
Originally posted by catfish
i play on 56k to the esforces server in USA (im in AU) and i never seem to get less than 400 ping...

OUCH! 400 ping?! i feel sorry for you.

but anyway such go ahead and try it, it wont kill you.

BUT it might drive you to insanity ;)

Best answers
wen i play, i usually have like 200-800 ping on 56k...its not reallie dat bad once u get used to it.. although it might be annoying

Mog

Best answers
Originally posted by Duece
NO! dont play youll not only be rocked and eventually be anoyed but you will inflict painfull lag on everyone else.
LOL, even though i realise this happens i still play tfc online for hours with 1000-4000 ping... and most of the time i cant even move! :rolleyes:

esf is funny on my comp...i get killed 10 times in a row without even dieing and full powered spirit bombs apear out of nowhere! ;/

Best answers
yeah i got 4000 lag too....

thank god (and esfblade) for the bots! :D

Best answers
I have 56K 2 and I can only play on jolt.co.uk , bleuyonder or a dutch server to have a ping under 100. at all the other servers it's over 400.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh well, i suppose that beating around my brother and some bots will hopefully satisfy my hunger for violence long enough until i either start spending money on a better connection, or just play at a friends house... i tried playing on a server earlier, ESF west #2 i think it was i killed somebody purely by luck but then later found myself dying. hmm... i suppose research on DSL or Cable connections is required right now, and hopefully i will be seeing you guys on the servers soon, and hopefully moving at the speed my LAN does...

Best answers
I get pings of 300 and im on 1.5 mb cable :0 but for some reason I get pings of 20-60 on cs :?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by ssj2 Goten
HHAHAHA I feel so sorry for all of you with 56k!!! LOL!!
Excuse me, but that really wasn't necessary, most users with 56k don't have a choice as to weather they want it or not.

Oh well, pertaining to the question, you should be ok on most servers and most maps. There's always the bots too :rolleyes:
I have LAN parties alot, and when you train on 56k its like being in the gravity chamber, becuase when you're used to playing in 200-300+ ping over your modem, then your ping is under 50 on LAN....well you generally OWN! :] :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by )V(ajin n00b
no lag, but you will be helpless, low pingers get advantage over high pingers in melee!
Thats not entirely true.
I play on 56k and I sometimes stand above the rest.
I am more experienced w/ Gokou than I am with vegeta though.
And I like Vegeta :cry: I keep practicing with him though. I dont
play with newbs either I sometimes play 1on1's with Ph34r clan
:p Mostly Satan and Raider now...

I only use Melee, I use Kamehameha or any other special attack
when I am Super Saiyan (no not to spam the level) its because
Special Attacks are mostly useless at a normal stage.

Best answers
Originally posted by Rebirah
I get pings of 300 and im on 1.5 mb cable :0 but for some reason I get pings of 20-60 on cs :?
I have 56K and when I play CS the ping is 40-80
That's stupid, it's just the game and the server not my connection.
When I play global operations I have sometimes ping under 10.
But mostly 60.

Best answers
Sometimes it is the server and where the server is which effects wot ur ping is.
but peeps with lower pings do av an edge against people with high pings.
and bout that 40-80 are u sure ur not exagerating bull****? maybe coz sometimes it stays at like 100 bla bla but sometimes goes really down for a short space of time therefore u are in fact giving a inaccurate observation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom