0 0%
  • Dell

29 11.79%
  • Gateway

6 2.44%
  • Other OEM Prebuilt Computer

32 13.01%
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of computer do you have?

No....no they can't. A Xeon processor has 604 pins (older chips have 603). A Pentium 4 has 478 pins (older chips have 423, newest chips have 775). The sockets are completely different! Somehow I don't think that P4 chip is going to fit in that Xeon slot.

Besides, as I said, the Pentium 4 is not designed to run in a dual processor setting. If you don't believe me, ask the dishes ---> http://www.intel.com/support/process.../cs-001622.htm
    So even if their was a dual P4 board out there, it probably doesn't even fully utilize the second processor.

Made mine out of extra parts when my "real" computer died... now be ready, and don't laugh!

I have a....
    Pentium II 900mhz Processor
    128mb SD RAM
    4gig harddrive
    16mb TNT2 // 32mb Radeon 7000 (I rotate! )

I play CS at a cool 30fps in 16bit windowed 640x480 software/normal mode.... Everything turned down low as possible, gl_max_size 32, about a billion fps tweak commands. Custom HIGH FPS models & hltv models to eliminate animations... and a sweet 15inch monitor runnin at 60mhz...

that's hardcore son..... hard.... core

www.GotFrag.com , world leader in eSports coverage! // Feature Writer

Are you just making stuff up? Where are you getting this info? The newest line of Xeon processors have always been 603 or 604 pinned.

What is it you don't understand? You can't have a dual Pentium 4 setup. The chip is literally not designed that way. That's why Intel makes the Xeon.

Wow, I have a Radeon 7000 too. We are now crappy video card brothers. Someone raise the flag of celebration.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyHobo
    if you have looked around ther have been dual p3 boards...........And you would expect intel to do the same with some p4 chipsets
    Just because there is dual p3 boards, doesn't mean intel would do the same with p4's.

Built my own btw...

3000+ XP 2.2ghz
    512mb ram(going to buy new set of 2x512mb sticks)
    X800 Pro
    480W Antec TruePower

This pc I am on now is:

2200+ XP 1.8ghz
    512mb ram
    GF FX5600XT
    HP built...

Wow! There's a dual P3 board! Their MUST be a dual P4 board!

It's now quite obvious I'm arguing with an idiot. I can't possibly make it any clearer unless I posted an article from the Intel website stating that Pentium 4's are not dual processing compatible. Wait, I already did that...oh well. Have fun wallowing in your ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Half-Unit
    Wow! There's a dual P3 board! Their MUST be a dual P4 board!

It's now quite obvious I'm arguing with an idiot. I can't possibly make it any clearer unless I posted an article from the Intel website stating that Pentium 4's are not dual processing compatible. Wait, I already did that...oh well. Have fun wallowing in your ignorance.
    Have a warning for flaming
    Please keep your cool next time you find yourself in a situation like this on these boards.

And I will remember your name and face on the day you are judged by the funhouse cast
    And I will rejoice in your fall from grace with a cane to the sky like 'None shall pass!'

.:: Administrator ::.
    Got questions on forum policies? Need to make an appeal? Want a brewski? Just drop me a PM, and we'll talk!

Whatever. How about this? I don't underestimate you and you stop lying in capital letters. Deal? Great.

My known CPU info so the moderators can sleep at night.

1.7 Ghz P4
    256 MB RAM
    Radeon 7000
    40 GB Hard drive

I think less of that attitude is needed, Half-Unit. Don't be so sarcastic and patronising :/ I do hope I will not see it again.

Righty, I built my own computer, and it is:
    CPU: AMD Athlon XP 3200+ (Barton)
    Graphics: ATI Radeon 9800 pro
    Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS
    Memory: 1gb ddr
    Hdd: 160gb and 40gb, making 200gb total

"If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's yours. If not, it was never meant to be."

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within."

#ESF-Help manager

Newbie central, Help and Server Chat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RandyHobo
    that attidude get's no one nowhere.......that's all i have to say
    Please don't antagonize other users on the forums there Randy, just turn and let things be, kay?

And I will remember your name and face on the day you are judged by the funhouse cast
    And I will rejoice in your fall from grace with a cane to the sky like 'None shall pass!'

.:: Administrator ::.
    Got questions on forum policies? Need to make an appeal? Want a brewski? Just drop me a PM, and we'll talk!

Thread Information