Operation Tien

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
Tien wasn't finished in time, right ? Well ... Tien is the community's chance to give ESF the very personal touch... and I want Tien to be finished and included into ESF 1.3 ... and everyone who wants this, too, and has already started working on a Tien model is supposed to come here and support the Tien project..
Please do not let this decay... there's still a chance to finish it ...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As it stands;

Outline - Ravendust, RavenTrunks, Wheres_warren - 95% Done (needs approving)
Sprites - Wheres_warren, RavenBlade - 0% Done on account of RavenBlade vanishing
Sounds - Ravendust, RavenTrunks - 70% Done, it's coming on just fine.
Model - Various - ?% We still haven't found a model with trans model that hasn't been abandoned or completed.
Animations - Unknown - 0% Done, can't go anywhere without the model.

As a general question, would people prefer to see Tien with his trans, or Tien with Yamcha buddy?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ill model it if no one else does >_>

Best answers
sounds cool and i'd love it if u could add yamcha as buddy since i cant find any models of him anywhere

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think we had about 10 potential models, 2 got completed, RavenTrunks was organising it but he vanished, and came back today.

Although, gir, you do own at modelling, (and guitar playing, drawing and insulting Magus), why not give it a whirl :)

Best answers
I do not trust the Buddy system ... and even if... I would say it would be the little electric guy, not Yamcha.. I don't remember his name, but he was always near Tien ... hmm ... I guess Tien has enough outfits for Transformation....

By the way... I think the buddy system could also be like .. two players in the same team ... get twice as much KI by one hitting an enemy, the other guy would get just the same amount of KI / PL ... this could be useful in clan wars... but only if the speed raises in proportion to the PL...at least with those characters... speed is an important factor and it can't be traded in for a buddy...

I would still like to see Tien in replace for Krillin .. nearly no one plays Krillin and if so, it's only for his scattering beam and that's totally lame... Tien kept on fighting till the end... he was even shown in the Buu saga... while Krillin's hair grew because he stopped fighting already... I guess it is time to replace Krillin by using Tien... he always was the most talented ... human fighter... I guess... he was the one who invented "Solar Flare" and ... flying ...

All modlers please show me their work ... my email address

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No this isn't going to be a replacement character, it's going to be an original added character. As soon as my comp is fixed I can post some of what we have done.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yay for sprite work, I suppose i could start them without talking to ravenblade, i just wanted to see the style the new ones are done in, so i can follow suit. Anyways when a bit of progress is made ill be more than happy to do them, also knowing which of his attacks will function like beams what not will be a major help in knowing what to sprite lol.

Best answers
I know that Tien will be added as a new one, nevertheless I suggest to remove Krillin on purpose :)

I'll also start working on sprites in the meantime ... I am good in using PS, but I've never even tried to make sprite files....

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This thread stays open only if people start posting model progress. Otherwise its just a thread with hopes of getting Tien in 1.3, seems like thats all its ever been.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, so... ravendust, and aurora, you have my permission to add me to msn, so we can discuss this project...

Best answers
TwisteR said:
This thread stays open only if people start posting model progress. Otherwise its just a thread with hopes of getting Tien in 1.3, seems like thats all its ever been.
Listen, Twister.. I don't want to start a war here ... I'll always be back and all that... you know that I can't be wrong cause there is no Character section in the Development section ... so stop telling me what to do ... If you do not want to have it here, please move the thread to a proper section in the forum ... and stop complaining ...

Just stay calm...

If you have no character development section, please create one ...
and please ... only post something useful ... if you have created a model I am determined to see it ... That would be something totally new... wow..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A character development section would be a bit redundant seeing as we have...one character.

Tien Model goes in Modelling, Tien Sounds and Sprites in Misc, Suggestions in Suggestions, you get it.

Best answers
That's the problem ... One leg doesn't know what the other one is doing and the arms don't know that they've got hands with fingers on it ... see ... to finish the development, we need a temorary Tien discussion thread where everything comes together.... I want the different parts to fuse with each other ....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey aurora ich werde euch helfen ;)

I will help too... i can do some sprites too ... maybe if gir need help (what i dun think) i can model with :p

Best answers
At the end of GT...
BKG = SSJ4 Gogeta > Omega Shenron > SSJ4 Goku > SSJ4 Vegeta >>>>>>> Tien
But at the VERY end, you see Krillin hurt BKG...
Old Man Krillin > BKG = SSJ4 Gogeta > Omega Shenron > SSJ4 Goku > SSJ4 Vegeta >>>>>>>>>>Tien

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If gir doesn't hit you guys up with a model i will.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*zucht* ok, i will help for some sprites..............just this one time.
i'll post some preview's here later......by editing this post.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So what your saying that you want the esf model for tien to be released? o_O

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i could probabaly redo my old tien and get it under the target polycount, but meh- i aint modelled for esf in about a year lol

the reason why the tien contest never really took off IMO is simple, most modellers didnt really WANT to make a tien, the tien aspect of it was kinda forced upon us if you know what i mean, its hard to stay dedicated to someone else's project,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom