5 Killed in Campus Shooting

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/niu_shooting

I remember when the Virginia Tech shooting occurred, I thought "this kid was ****ed up. It was more his fault than the guns," but in other cases, I just don't know.

Some say it's the people that are dangerous, not the guns. Well yeah, but people are always going to be pissed, especially unstable teenagers. Now when weapons can be relatively easily to buy (illegally) and steal, any ******* with a violent agenda can carry it out. The article even lists other school shootings that happened in the last couple of weeks.

Now to all the people who think America just legally throws guns around, you must understand a lot of these instances involve illegal activity, whether it's straw purchasing or stealing.

My school had a shooting 2 years ago. He didn't shoot at anyone but himself and the ceiling. I guess he just wanted to out in a blaze. At the time, I thought it was him personally that had problems, which he did, but it's just unfair to put all the blame on the gun and not the kid for actually having such a plan. An AK-47 was used, but, why would anyone need an AK-47, even for protection?

Ugh, the thing that pisses me off is that stricter gun laws won't do much, because it affects the responsible gun owners but not really the criminals. The fact that we have people who can gain an extreme amount of power with such a little and convenient device frustrates me.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Synth said:
Free Masons.
These school shootings will be an annual thing, as part of the hysteria which leads to acceptances of more personal freedoms being removed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sometimes, people just flat out feeling like shooting some people.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
My school had a shooting 2 years ago. He didn't shoot at anyone but himself and the ceiling. I guess he just wanted to out in a blaze. At the time, I thought it was him personally that had problems, which he did, but it's just unfair to put all the blame on the gun and not the kid for actually having such a plan. An AK-47 was used, but, why would anyone need an AK-47, even for protection?
How the hell did he bring an AK-47 into a school, if you ask me, the school's need better security, not stricter laws on guns. Even the guy in the article brought a shotgun and 2 hand guns.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rocky said:
How the hell did he bring an AK-47 into a school, if you ask me, the school's need better security, not stricter laws on guns. Even the guy in the article brought a shotgun and 2 hand guns.
What is so hard about putting something in a book bag?

Meaning, what do you mean by stricter laws?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I have always been, and always will be, against legality of firearms in any country. However, it's more than obvious that people are capable of obtaining firearms illegally as well. I think this dude, and the one with an AK-47 you mentioned (they don't actually sell AK's over there...do they?), both got them illegally.

What people CAN do is strengthen security, and make the firearm laws much stricter. That would surely reduce, if not eliminate, these kinds of events.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gryph said:
What is so hard about putting something in a book bag?

Meaning, what do you mean by stricter laws?
An AK-47 is pretty huge, so I guess he had a really large bag. I'm sitting in class now and looking at the bags people are carrying, none of them really look like they could conceal a high powered rifle very well.

As far as stricter laws go, how does increasing the wait period of 7 days (I'm not sure what the current laws are so I just pulled that number out.) to 14 days stop the suicidal teenagers from rampaging and killing people. Security would be better, I don't really know what you could do that's practical, I'm thinking metal detectors but that's not exactly practical. Perhaps patrolling security guards could help out, at the very least it might discourage such activity.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rocky said:
How the hell did he bring an AK-47 into a school, if you ask me, the school's need better security, not stricter laws on guns.
He sawed off the butt of the gun the night of so it could fit in a gym/duffel bag. He even had it during class and when someone asked why the bag was so big, he opened it to reveal a bomber jacket and nothing more. We used to allow bags to be brought to class, but after the incident, we had bag checks every day to every other day for about a month, and now it's done about 1-2 times a month, and bags must be in the lockers at all times now.

Dzamija said:
I have always been, and always will be, against legality of firearms in any country. However, it's more than obvious that people are capable of obtaining firearms illegally as well. I think this dude, and the one with an AK-47 you mentioned (they don't actually sell AK's over there...do they?), both got them illegally.

What people CAN do is strengthen security, and make the firearm laws much stricter. That would surely reduce, if not eliminate, these kinds of events.
I think the dad had some hunting or military license or something, because I remember it was legal.

And again, the lawful part of this is tricky, because the father had locked the AK-47. The kid had somehow broke into it and stole the arm, and while there was a lack of responsibility on the father's part, a gun law can't stop a kid from stealing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/niu_shooting

Greater Kinetic Energy

:yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wish these stupid kids would stop using guns and other people's lives just to vent their frustrations. -_- It's completely useless and a terrible waste, not to mention utterly selfish.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Assault weapons should only be supplied to the military. A nine millimetre for personal protection - sure, whatever, but an AK-47? No human being will ever need an AK-47 for "personal protection".

Not that I put the blame on the gun, but it's not like you want all the crazies to have guns with 30 bullet clips.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well in any case, guns or not, stuff like this has been going on for years. i wouldnt expect it to stop just because they cant get their hands on a gun. infact the limited lethality of a gun might be preferrable to stuff like explosives and poisons which is surprisingly easy to get a hold of today, if you know what your looking for.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2 police officers in every school.

nuff said.

naw, it's not as simple as that, but lets face it, even in england it's easy to get a firearm. hell i could probably make about 5 phonecalls and get one.

that being said, i remember when i was about 8, they started putting metal fencing around school premecies, and locking the gates after morning bell, an unlocking them again at the "get the **** outta here" bell. this happened shortly after the dunblaine massacre.
in the mornings we'd all walk through this really small gate at the end of the playground, the only way into the school, and there would be a teacher there checking for anything suspicious.

when it comes to security, it all comes down to the little things; everybody is in their own little world.

if everyone was vigilant, and looked out for each other, and not just themselves. they would all notice a bulge in someones pants that looks like it shouldn't be there (and not just cos he's looking at a hot chick lol). they would all start to notice that awkward stretching of a school bag, which has something in it that looks pointy at one end, and wide at the other.

once people start looking at things like this, and paying attention, it'll be phased out.

Best answers
I might as well just assume that all the gunman that start massacres in school are all just FPS_Doug on crack, with a uprising urge to kill and being serious about it. After all, where does the influence come from? =P.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Glad this guy was at least unorganized, more could've died if he would have thought this through.

If someone hates so much life, why not just spare everyone else and kill self?

Best answers
LegendarY said:
Glad this guy was at least unorganized, more could've died if he would have thought this through.

If someone hates so much life, why not just spare everyone else and kill self?
You'd want to think the repercussions though on his family. He should really be in a mental ward under close surveillance as that would possibly be the best outcome. Suicide = phail.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not at all, at least they become an heroes. That is something to be proud of.

But yeah, i think you're right. That kind of people still get away from there in time and there is no real cure for the unstable mind some possess, thus making it very likely that they might turn to the option again - which has happened many times throughout time -. These things could turn out to be even worse through all the years they've had the chances of thinking this all up.

Best answers
LegendarY said:
Not at all, at least they become an heroes. That is something to be proud of.

But yeah, i think you're right. That kind of people still get away from there in time and there is no real cure for the unstable mind some possess, thus making it very likely that they might turn to the option again - which has happened many times throughout time -. These things could turn out to be even worse through all the years they've had the chances of thinking this all up.
http://news.filefront.com/jack-thompsons-letter-to-niu-president/
Jack Thompson said:
pi] John B. Thompson, Attorney at Law
1172 S. Dixie Hwy., Suite 111
Coral Gables, Florida 33146

February 16, 2008

John G. Peters, President
Northern Illinois University
1425 W. Lincoln Hwy.
DeKalb, IL 60115-2825 Via Fax to 815-753-8686

Re: Part of the Explanation for this Awful Disaster

Dear President Peters:

First of all, my condolences for this terrible loss. I have had the disturbing privilege of representing a number of families devastated by these types of incidents. I represented all six parents of the three girls killed by a 14-year-old video gamer in the Paducah, Kentucky, school massacre. I currently represent the families of three policemen in Alabama who were slain by a teen who trained to kill them on the cop-killing simulation video game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. This case was featured on 60 Minutes. See
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/04/60minutes/main678261.shtml.

The day after the NIU tragedy this week, I was on the Fox News Channel predicting that the killer on your campus would be someone who was immersed in violent video games, as this is a common thread in almost all of these incidents. I mentioned in the interview the mass murder simulation game, Counter-Strike. It was the game of choice by the killers in the two worst school shootings in history—Virginia Tech and Erfurt, Germany.

Sure enough, the New York Post reports today the accuracy of that prediction. I attach herewith the Post article.

Governor Blagojevich was on Fox hours later echoing my specific concern about the linkage between violent video games and school killings.

I have addressed roughly 200 college campuses about this problem. I am more than willing to come to your campus, free of charge of course, to explain to the students and faculty and surrounding community why these games, played by students, pose a public safety hazard. Brain scan science recently coming out of Harvard explains it well. There are multiple reasons why these evil events happen. Immersion of young males in murder simulation as a form of entertainment is one of the more powerful reasons.

Blessings,

Jack Thompson[/i]
FIGHT JACK, FIGHT! VIDEO GAMES ARE RAPING CHILDREN AS WE SPEAK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom