5 Killed in Campus Shooting

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I want to know if after Jack Thompson succeeds in banning violent video games, if he will go after violent TV shows/movies.

Best answers
Apparently my girlfriend is friends with a guy who's girlfriend (right I know) was tutored by this guy. She said that he was a normal very nice person, and that he had mentioned he took medicine. She just didn't realize that it was that kind of medicine. So apparently he really was crazy

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Assault weapons should only be supplied to the military. A nine millimetre for personal protection - sure, whatever, but an AK-47? No human being will ever need an AK-47 for "personal protection".
unless your protecting yourself against someone with an Ak-47 that is =)

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Brim said:
Apparently my girlfriend is friends with a guy who's girlfriend (right I know) was tutored by this guy. She said that he was a normal very nice person, and that he had mentioned he took medicine. She just didn't realize that it was that kind of medicine. So apparently he really was crazy
Wanna run that by me again?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They still haven't found any authentic evidence that would display his bizarre actions.

Best answers
One of the people who got shot was my friends friend. She told me he got shot 22 times and hes gonna be fine.

Amazing luck if you ask me.

Best answers
Walmart Security said:
One of the people who got shot was my friends friend. She told me he got shot 22 times and hes gonna be fine.

Amazing luck if you ask me.
I dunno if I'd exactly be fine after 22 rounds of bullets were shot at me, perhaps he way fired at roughly 22 times? Did every bullet hit him?

I'm sure he'd at least have some form of minor injuries.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...22 bullets from an AK-47? Yeah, I call bull****. If someone gets shot 22 times, they die. There's just not enough of them to save when the paramedics arrive. A single rifle bullet can kill a man, and usually permanently injures them (often severely). 22 rifle bullets would be too much of a shock for the body's system, and it'd shut down, regardless of the severity of the injuries.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Avenger said:
...22 bullets from an AK-47? Yeah, I call bull****. If someone gets shot 22 times, they die. There's just not enough of them to save when the paramedics arrive. A single rifle bullet can kill a man, and usually permanently injures them (often severely). 22 rifle bullets would be too much of a shock for the body's system, and it'd shut down, regardless of the severity of the injuries.
QFT, but really we (in Australia) have the second highest level teen suicide (ratio wise I think) in the world last I checked- and we've only had like 1 school shooting ever (I think [?], and it was with a crossbow [man we are bad arse], and no one died)

We need an exchange program, guns for crossbows or something.

I dunno you'll all just take each other out eventually.

Best answers
Avenger said:
That was my reaction to it.. i still find it hard to believe, I'll ask her again and make sure that he wasnt HIT 22 times, just fired at. Either way though.. she said it

SkkankkFaceeeeee (12:11:53 AM): so did you hear about niu
BeReTTaGt0 (12:12:04 AM): nope
BeReTTaGt0 (12:12:10 AM): and im not doin much
BeReTTaGt0 (12:12:11 AM): talkin 2 andy
SkkankkFaceeeeee (12:12:42 AM): sweet...there was a shooting at northern illinois university
BeReTTaGt0 (12:12:54 AM): wait, yea i heard
SkkankkFaceeeeee (12:13:37 AM): my friend got shot
SkkankkFaceeeeee (12:13:45 AM): so ive been freaked out
BeReTTaGt0 (12:14:59 AM): oh ****!?
BeReTTaGt0 (12:15:01 AM): u serious?
SkkankkFaceeeeee (12:15:22 AM): yeah weve been friends for 4 years and he got shot 22 times
BeReTTaGt0 (12:17:04 AM): HOLY ****!?
BeReTTaGt0 (12:17:08 AM): you meant 2 right?
SkkankkFaceeeeee (12:17:23 AM): no 22 times
SkkankkFaceeeeee (12:17:29 AM): in the leg and back
BeReTTaGt0 (12:17:33 AM): what the mother ****

Thats the message history from AIM a few days ago. I wanna call bull****, especially since it was in the legs and back, but i dunno.. i wasn't there.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sory for qft but any bullet in the back could easly hit a vital orgam , if just one bullet hit the liver , or the hearth or any other vital organs instant kill from a ak 47 bullet,on topic , I think guns sould had never been made sould never existed , the Sword and arrows sould still be here , and it will be less killing(ideea for shooter USE GOD DAMN SNIPERS)

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Heh, the worst things the schools I attended to had to deal with were occasional fistfights and pupils smoking cigarettes.

Though I don't really support americas overall policy on guns and how easy it is to (legally) get one, its not the guns fault.
Harsher laws won't do ****, its more like a society problem that gives birth to such psychos and that can't be solved that easy.

Best answers
john_volkov said:
sory for qft but any bullet in the back could easly hit a vital orgam , if just one bullet hit the liver , or the hearth or any other vital organs instant kill from a ak 47 bullet,on topic , I think guns sould had never been made sould never existed , the Sword and arrows sould still be here , and it will be less killing(ideea for shooter USE GOD DAMN SNIPERS)
So it was an AK47? And yeah thats exactly what i thought? i didnt feel like talking to her, so i kinda just got off after that. I'll ask her for details, because for one, im sure that someone gettin shot 22 times would've been on the news, and two.. im sure he wouldnt be ok. The torso is littered with organs, theres no way he got shot and lived there unless he was far away or something.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
So it was an AK47? And yeah thats exactly what i thought? i didnt feel like talking to her, so i kinda just got off after that. I'll ask her for details, because for one, im sure that someone gettin shot 22 times would've been on the news, and two.. im sure he wouldnt be ok. The torso is littered with organs, theres no way he got shot and lived there unless he was far away or something.
Maybe he had kevlar or something? lawl.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kevlar does not protect from rifle fire. Kevlar protects from handgun fire. An AK-47 would tear right through that pretty layer of kevlar. To protect oneself from high velocity bullets, ceramic or some kind of metal (steel, titanium) is required beneath the kevlar.

I'm going to assume your friend was high/drunk, and had no idea what he/she was talking about. 22 bullets will kill you.

Anyway, I still feel that no matter what, assault weapons should not be available to the public. Most bulletproof vests are useless versus an assault rifle or similar. If no one supplied the general public with these guns, it would be easier for the police to track down the illegal sellers.

Hell, cheap, easily available weapons like the AK-47 should be destroyed when confiscated. They're too old fashioned for modern military combat anyway.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Avenger said:
Kevlar does not protect from rifle fire. Kevlar protects from handgun fire. An AK-47 would tear right through that pretty layer of kevlar. To protect oneself from high velocity bullets, ceramic or some kind of metal (steel, titanium) is required beneath the kevlar.

I'm going to assume your friend was high/drunk, and had no idea what he/she was talking about. 22 bullets will kill you.

Anyway, I still feel that no matter what, assault weapons should not be available to the public. Most bulletproof vests are useless versus an assault rifle or similar. If no one supplied the general public with these guns, it would be easier for the police to track down the illegal sellers.

Hell, cheap, easily available weapons like the AK-47 should be destroyed when confiscated. They're too old fashioned for modern military combat anyway.
I was joking lol.....

But yeah, there's no way 22 direct bullet shots could be survivable. Even if it was only in the leg, he would've blead to death rather quickly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is a possibility that someone survives it, but it's very low. 22 shots at the torso are always deadly, except they
all hit the same non-vital spot. School shootings are awful. But IMO it's not only guns, or not only the person,
it's a mixture. I believe America is the country with the most school shootings.

And that whole jack Thompson viseo game part:
There is no scientifically study that proves that playing games (even violent games) triggers violent behavior.
IF there is a relation between school shooting and playing video games, it has to be determined which causes what.
I think it's more probable that people tending to be violent play violent games, than violent games causing violent behaviour.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not too long ago there was a thread on this forum about a guy surviving a massive fall from a skyscraper. Most people would say that falling from a massive building will kill you no matter what, but that guy is living proof that it's not necessarily the case. On that note, it is possible (however unlikely) that somebody could survive 22 shots from an AK-47.

john_volkov said:
The bit in bold is the stupidest thing I've ever heard, you think if guns werent invented there'd be less killing? Instead you'll read in the newspaper "Teenager wil samurai sword cuts his way through 88 students" what's the difference, aside from Quentin Tarantino suing the family of the teenager for stealing his ideas from Kill Bill, not much else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom