View Poll Results: What ranking system do you think we should have?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Win/Loss/Draw ranking

14 24.56%
  • Win/Loss weighted ranking

19 33.33%
  • Top Contender

7 12.28%
  • Powerlevel

25 43.86%
  • Vote/Popularity system

2 3.51%
  • A mix of the above ideas

18 31.58%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New scoring and ranking system.

Live free or die by the sword DiebytheSword's Avatar
    IM

Default New scoring and ranking system.

I am planing on changing the ranking system currently used via Reputation. In an ideal world, the reputation system works, in the real world we have idiots playing tag with reputation and getting banned for it. I really don't have any reason to believe that the rep system should remain enabled.

That being said, lets look at what we can do to change the current fight club system.

Please vote on the above options, and make any suggestions you would like.

We can:

1. Have a win, loss, draw system which keeps track of your win to loss ratio. It would need to be maintained by hand in a thread by the moderators/referees.
    2. Have a weighted win/loss system that gives you more points for beating someone who is much higher ranked than you (ex., superstar points in the smackdown games). The math on this would be even more work to maintain.
    3. Have a "top contender" system where everyone is ranked by current streaks and defeated enemies. You would be in line to challenge for titles and championships, having to beat the number 1 contender to challenge for a title.
    4. Have a powerlevel, ala DBZ, it raises by a small amount each fight, and raises faster if you win.
    5. Have some sort of voting system that raises the ability or rank of the victor.
    6. Have a mixture of ideas.
    You may vote more than once, and your vote will be public.
    Forum Administrator (Retired)
    Woah Oh, Standing in the Heart of Darkness, give me my life, give me my energy.
    Woah Oh, Fighting with my Heart of Madness, ease my pain, ease my loneliness.

Fight Club record: 15 wins, 0 losses, 2 fatalities
    Undefeated Moderator Champion
    16,282 xp
    Bio

I think maybe numbers 3 and 5 are most intriguing. With some work, we could give each character a ranking of ability. So that not every schmuck can join the club and be like, "Cuc face meh!!"

I like the power level system because we could then have referees scope our bios and decide if we yet have the power to use our characters' strongest attacks. But I like the WWE-ified system for actually deciding the matchups.

It's a toss-up. :0\

Newly Converted Disciple of Xbox
    ...Adeptus Moderatus...

Erf, I dunno.. Personally one of the things I liked about Fight Club was that a nobody could walk up and challenge Cucumba. You were bound only by your ability for writing. I was a nobody but Cucumba was my second battle.

Just curious here, how would the Voting system work? I don't think I understand..
    Fight Club - Wins: 3 Losses: 1

Newbie Central + Artwork Moderator - Fight Club Referee

Fan-Fiction - If I don't plug myself, who will?

instead of having a system you could just have one thread(stickied and closed DUH! lol) thats updated like once a week or something with updated wins/loses/draws and this will help stop the idiots from abusing the rep system

IM

The voting system would be a poll attached to the thread that would allow you to boost the popularity of the fighter. Those who have a higher popularity in the fight will be able to perform a fatality, and would add to an overall pool of "reputation" without the reputation system. The polls would be made public, so attacking someone in them on purpose would be, at best, unwise.

16,282 xp
    Bio

Not sure if I like the idea of the most popular people being the strongest, makes things even tougher for newbies..

(Plus I'd never beat you. :P)
    Fight Club - Wins: 3 Losses: 1

Newbie Central + Artwork Moderator - Fight Club Referee

Fan-Fiction - If I don't plug myself, who will?

IM

Then vote you f00.

16,282 xp
    Bio

instead of a referee, i would personally prefer the poll system to choose a winner, since it would be involving more than the opponents and ref, as for wins/losses, i belive option one would work, as long as its spread umongst all the referees, so that once a battle is won/lost, the ref will simply update the post with another kill/beat, its also the most fool proof plan as long as the people maintaining it are well chosen and trustable with editing the post accuratly

IM

Rep system was killed. By all means, post your opinions on how we should go about replacing it.

16,282 xp
    Bio

I am going with two since it will be the easiest for new people and best (imo) for fight club. Dont get me wrong I think they are all great, I am just thinking for new people that would want to get into it as I am starting to find time to get into it.
    Friends Stand United

Friends . Family . Forever

Thread Information