New scoring and ranking system.

What ranking system do you think we should have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am planing on changing the ranking system currently used via Reputation. In an ideal world, the reputation system works, in the real world we have idiots playing tag with reputation and getting banned for it. I really don't have any reason to believe that the rep system should remain enabled.

That being said, lets look at what we can do to change the current fight club system.

Please vote on the above options, and make any suggestions you would like.

We can:

1. Have a win, loss, draw system which keeps track of your win to loss ratio. It would need to be maintained by hand :cry: in a thread by the moderators/referees.
  2. Have a weighted win/loss system that gives you more points for beating someone who is much higher ranked than you (ex., superstar points in the smackdown games). The math on this would be even more work to maintain.
  3. Have a "top contender" system where everyone is ranked by current streaks and defeated enemies. You would be in line to challenge for titles and championships, having to beat the number 1 contender to challenge for a title.
  4. Have a powerlevel, ala DBZ, it raises by a small amount each fight, and raises faster if you win.
  5. Have some sort of voting system that raises the ability or rank of the victor.
  6. Have a mixture of ideas.
You may vote more than once, and your vote will be public.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think maybe numbers 3 and 5 are most intriguing. With some work, we could give each character a ranking of ability. So that not every schmuck can join the club and be like, "Cuc face meh!!"

I like the power level system because we could then have referees scope our bios and decide if we yet have the power to use our characters' strongest attacks. But I like the WWE-ified system for actually deciding the matchups.

It's a toss-up. :0\

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Erf, I dunno.. Personally one of the things I liked about Fight Club was that a nobody could walk up and challenge Cucumba. You were bound only by your ability for writing. I was a nobody but Cucumba was my second battle. :D

Just curious here, how would the Voting system work? I don't think I understand..

Best answers
instead of having a system you could just have one thread(stickied and closed DUH! lol) thats updated like once a week or something with updated wins/loses/draws and this will help stop the idiots from abusing the rep system

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The voting system would be a poll attached to the thread that would allow you to boost the popularity of the fighter. Those who have a higher popularity in the fight will be able to perform a fatality, and would add to an overall pool of "reputation" without the reputation system. The polls would be made public, so attacking someone in them on purpose would be, at best, unwise.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Not sure if I like the idea of the most popular people being the strongest, makes things even tougher for newbies..

(Plus I'd never beat you. :p)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
instead of a referee, i would personally prefer the poll system to choose a winner, since it would be involving more than the opponents and ref, as for wins/losses, i belive option one would work, as long as its spread umongst all the referees, so that once a battle is won/lost, the ref will simply update the post with another kill/beat, its also the most fool proof plan as long as the people maintaining it are well chosen and trustable with editing the post accuratly

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rep system was killed. By all means, post your opinions on how we should go about replacing it.

Best answers
I am going with two since it will be the easiest for new people and best (imo) for fight club. Dont get me wrong I think they are all great, I am just thinking for new people that would want to get into it as I am starting to find time to get into it.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Personally I'd like a mix of Powerlevel and Weighted Win/Loss since the two seem to compliment each other. Each fight gains each competitor a little power and, considering the difference between the winner and the loser, the winner get's even more pl.

The newbies are happy because they can catch up even if they lose.

The veterans are happy because they'll be gaining pl at all times.

And I'm happy because I'll be strong enough to blow planets to pieces.. because I rule you all!

Muahahaha!

That is all.. :D

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
[*]Have a weighted win/loss system that gives you more points for beating someone who is much higher ranked than you (ex., superstar points in the smackdown games). The math on this would be even more work to maintain.
That works the best in my opinion, it's obviously more calculation, but until the Fight Club is truly considered a populous section, I see it as the most rewarding and critical system.

Engar said:
And I'm happy because I'll be strong enough to blow planets to pieces.. because I rule you all!

Muahahaha!
Now, now... my industrious modiwan. You got a couple of Iron Fists to deal with before any kind of planet would be dealt it's fate. :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would like a mixture of three options which is one, and four.

A win/loss ratio would be good for new-comers coming in and could read how good the fighter is. Such as they want to dish out a challenge, but is unsure on who to pic. They can just visit the topic, read the given names, and choose their opponnents (would be harsh on the people who had loosing streeks lol.)

I also like option four. It can show how even more powerful you are to the victims that stand before you. It could also be weighted out, as in if you have a power level of 12,000, there is no way you can whipe out a 140,000 fighter with just a basic punch. It'd bring more depth and description to the fight. It would also be nice for people who have attacks that dramatically increase their power.

Parden my grammer, im a bit off today =/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'd agree with ice man on that one, just rename the whole "powerlevel" thing to something more fitting, like killpower or somthing then i'd be happy :O)

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I only used powerlevel because the term is familiar. Perhaps prestige? experience? Pwnage?

Best answers
Exp. The system sounds good. Plus, those who don't win fights still get more powerful. The increase should be relative to the exp of the fighters tho. The winner can add half his oppoenents Exp amount to his

Example, Engar thrashes me (which he will). I have 500 exp, he has 5000. He can add 250 (half 500) to his Exp, making him 5250. I can add, say, a tenth of his powerlevel to mine. That would make me 550.

Overall

Winner gets 1/2 of opponents exp.
Loser gets 1/10 of opponents exp.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That sounds pretty good, Veji. I don't see any flaws inherent in that system; everyone gains, no one loses.

Cuc...perhaps we should just move the entire fight club to D20 IRC. lol

I don't really like any of the systems of fighter levels...I mean, I like the ideas, but they might not mesh well with our existing stuff. For example, Engar, Hwo and I have all already taken it to absurd levels in the rumble. But by those standards, I haven't been in a true fight yet, so my character would be considered weaker then the weakest, and it wouldn't make sense because clearly he is ownage personified.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The way I see it is everyone should be equal on a degree.

I picked Win/loss weighted system.

I figure we could have a "Standings" thread that is stickied, and every week those standings are updated once a week. Anyone can challange anyone...

I also think, this would make a playoff possible, like top 8 players do a playoff of 3 rounds...

round one
1 VS 8
2 VS 7
3 VS 6
4 VS 5

round two

WM1 VS WM4
WM2 VS WM3

WM = Winner of Match

Round three. Finals - BEST of FIVE

WRTM1 VS WRTM2

The champion gets a little title like "King fighter" or something, just pulling things out of my ass.

WRTM = Winner of round two match

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed, I like that system as well Veji. And it fits very well into two categories, weighted wins, and exp/power lvl.

OWA's standings idea is representitive of a few ideas kicked around for ranking, it or something like it will likely appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom