New scoring and ranking system.

What ranking system do you think we should have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
I say we just modify the existing reputation options. Modifiy (If you know how to do it) it to include the person giving the comments and a report button.

It would show up like this:

Smith 8/23/04 3:16 PM Thread: http://... Comment: Hehe, good post.

Make it required to have a comment, if it doesn't it'll just go back and say you must put a comment in order to modify the person's rep. If the comment is a flame, like a sailor's cuss word or something, then it could be reported and the moderator would check into it. Also, when you click on REPORT, it should create a drop down list of all the admins that you could report to, you select one and it sends the PM of the reputation to the admin.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya, I always did enjoy the reputation thing, but I suppose I don't really care which way you guys decide. Just as long as we can still battle best of 3.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
Get any ideas of altering the forum code out of your heads . . .
I see your point...

Ya it does seem like ALOT of work just for a fight club, so I guess we will have to make due with any of these selections.

---

I've been thinking about the powerlevel thing, and although I don't like the idea, I will still add my 2 cents!

The PL system would be tough. Like you'd have to find a way to make it fair for everyone, because say if you gain more experience for fighting stronger, then all the newbies (like myself) won't get many challanges because we wouldn't be worth as much... That is the proplem I see with the system...

Plus say you make everyone equal then what is the point? People who are taking on tough opponents and are winning will want that to be reflected in their points. Wouldn't you think?

So you'd have to work that out somehow...

Best answers
Cucumba said:
Get any ideas of altering the forum code out of your heads . . .
It's not that hard to alter the forum code -_-, I've done it with tons of forums.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
It's not that hard to alter the forum code -_-, I've done it with tons of forums.
And since Greg is the only one who can alter it, you can kiss that goodbye as he has better things to do. Like finish the main site.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like Veji's system the most. Gives the winner and loser something out of the match. It would be also fair when a newcomer takes on a veteran.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Veji's Idea fits my vote perfectly, the weighted win/loss as well as a power level system. It keeps the weak from staying weak and it stops the strong from becoming strong off the weak and it stops the weak from becoming strong from losing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Deman...even though it was pretty confusing. hehe.

Cuc, additionally--perhaps you could limit participants from using the more absurd of their abilities until they've ascertained enough power to do so. That could make things interesting.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Cuc, additionally--perhaps you could limit participants from using the more absurd of their abilities until they've ascertained enough power to do so. That could make things interesting.
Yeah. Otherwise we'd have newbs blowing up planets and such in the first few sentences. At least make it so the larger moves can only be used in rounds 2 and (when applicable) 3

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it really matters when they use a move. I mean, the judge is going to pick who wrote the best turn of events, so if someones story lacks any realism or good writting then you can count them out.

But if they write it really well, then why not let them win?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's pointless and inappropriate to limit the manuevers someone can use. This is only a rating system, based on a person's wins and losses against other particular people.

I also think we should have a standings sticky, let's say... each couple months... the top 8 are automatically entered in a tournament. The winner is crowned "King of the Fight-Club" and can't lose that title unless he/she agrees to have a title match.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think Hwo's got a good idea. And Owa's right; if someone blows up the planet in their first move they're gonna lose the fight anyway, so limitations are pretty unnecessary.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see no reason to believe that popular opinon will sway any further.

I'll start working on a weighted ranking system, and it looks like Vejimaru's idea of experience is a good idea towards that.

(Now we have to decide who is worth how many points.)

Best answers
1000 exp for every win a person has. Since the old threads are still there, judges and mods can track if someone is cheating the system. Also, at the end of a bout, the judge should tell how much exp is given to each warrior.

Also, everyone should start out with 1000 exp standard. That way, when a new fighter is beaten, the winner gets something out of it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That sucks for me. I've been fighting in the rumble for the better part of three months, but never fought solo.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Look at it like this: if you win the Rumble you get exp for every opponent who has lost - regardless of whether you've actually faced them or not. Whoever wins is going to be so far up the ladder that every other fighter in Fight-Club will be going after him first. If we have a 'King of Fight-Club' style thing he'll be in it for months regardless of whether he loses all his subsequent matches or not. :D

Big insentive to do well, neh?

Best answers
Saiyan Pride, you'd still get exp for your victories. Its every previous win, regardless of tag team or not, that grants you 1000 exp with my idea.

Lord of Chaos
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Engar said:
Erf, I dunno.. Personally one of the things I liked about Fight Club was that a nobody could walk up and challenge Cucumba. You were bound only by your ability for writing. I was a nobody but Cucumba was my second battle. :D
lol same here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom