View Poll Results: What ranking system do you think we should have?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Win/Loss/Draw ranking

14 24.56%
  • Win/Loss weighted ranking

19 33.33%
  • Top Contender

7 12.28%
  • Powerlevel

25 43.86%
  • Vote/Popularity system

2 3.51%
  • A mix of the above ideas

18 31.58%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New scoring and ranking system.

I say we just modify the existing reputation options. Modifiy (If you know how to do it) it to include the person giving the comments and a report button.

It would show up like this:

__________________________________________________ _________
    Smith 8/23/04 3:16 PM Thread: http://... Comment: Hehe, good post.
    __________________________________________________ _________

Make it required to have a comment, if it doesn't it'll just go back and say you must put a comment in order to modify the person's rep. If the comment is a flame, like a sailor's cuss word or something, then it could be reported and the moderator would check into it. Also, when you click on REPORT, it should create a drop down list of all the admins that you could report to, you select one and it sends the PM of the reputation to the admin.

Ya, I always did enjoy the reputation thing, but I suppose I don't really care which way you guys decide. Just as long as we can still battle best of 3.

Live free or die by the sword DiebytheSword's Avatar
    IM

Get any ideas of altering the forum code out of your heads . . .
    Forum Administrator (Retired)
    Woah Oh, Standing in the Heart of Darkness, give me my life, give me my energy.
    Woah Oh, Fighting with my Heart of Madness, ease my pain, ease my loneliness.

Fight Club record: 15 wins, 0 losses, 2 fatalities
    Undefeated Moderator Champion
    16,282 xp
    Bio

Quote Originally Posted by Cucumba
    I see your point...

Ya it does seem like ALOT of work just for a fight club, so I guess we will have to make due with any of these selections.

---

I've been thinking about the powerlevel thing, and although I don't like the idea, I will still add my 2 cents!

The PL system would be tough. Like you'd have to find a way to make it fair for everyone, because say if you gain more experience for fighting stronger, then all the newbies (like myself) won't get many challanges because we wouldn't be worth as much... That is the proplem I see with the system...

Plus say you make everyone equal then what is the point? People who are taking on tough opponents and are winning will want that to be reflected in their points. Wouldn't you think?

So you'd have to work that out somehow...

Quote Originally Posted by Cucumba
    It's not that hard to alter the forum code , I've done it with tons of forums.

IM

Quote Originally Posted by Smith|
    It's not that hard to alter the forum code , I've done it with tons of forums.
    And since Greg is the only one who can alter it, you can kiss that goodbye as he has better things to do. Like finish the main site.

16,282 xp
    Bio

I like Veji's system the most. Gives the winner and loser something out of the match. It would be also fair when a newcomer takes on a veteran.

-=Modeler | Animator | Audio=-

IM

Anyone else have any comments or suggestions?

16,282 xp
    Bio

Veji's Idea fits my vote perfectly, the weighted win/loss as well as a power level system. It keeps the weak from staying weak and it stops the strong from becoming strong off the weak and it stops the weak from becoming strong from losing.

And I will remember your name and face on the day you are judged by the funhouse cast
    And I will rejoice in your fall from grace with a cane to the sky like 'None shall pass!'

.:: Administrator ::.
    Got questions on forum policies? Need to make an appeal? Want a brewski? Just drop me a PM, and we'll talk!

I agree with Deman...even though it was pretty confusing. hehe.

Cuc, additionally--perhaps you could limit participants from using the more absurd of their abilities until they've ascertained enough power to do so. That could make things interesting.

Newly Converted Disciple of Xbox
    ...Adeptus Moderatus...

Thread Information