View Poll Results: What ranking system do you think we should have?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Win/Loss/Draw ranking

14 24.56%
  • Win/Loss weighted ranking

19 33.33%
  • Top Contender

7 12.28%
  • Powerlevel

25 43.86%
  • Vote/Popularity system

2 3.51%
  • A mix of the above ideas

18 31.58%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New scoring and ranking system.

Personally I'd like a mix of Powerlevel and Weighted Win/Loss since the two seem to compliment each other. Each fight gains each competitor a little power and, considering the difference between the winner and the loser, the winner get's even more pl.

The newbies are happy because they can catch up even if they lose.

The veterans are happy because they'll be gaining pl at all times.

And I'm happy because I'll be strong enough to blow planets to pieces.. because I rule you all!

Muahahaha!

That is all..
    Fight Club - Wins: 3 Losses: 1

Newbie Central + Artwork Moderator - Fight Club Referee

Fan-Fiction - If I don't plug myself, who will?

Quote Originally Posted by Cucumba
    [*]Have a weighted win/loss system that gives you more points for beating someone who is much higher ranked than you (ex., superstar points in the smackdown games). The math on this would be even more work to maintain.
    That works the best in my opinion, it's obviously more calculation, but until the Fight Club is truly considered a populous section, I see it as the most rewarding and critical system.

Quote Originally Posted by Engar

And I'm happy because I'll be strong enough to blow planets to pieces.. because I rule you all!

Muahahaha!
    Now, now... my industrious modiwan. You got a couple of Iron Fists to deal with before any kind of planet would be dealt it's fate. :]

I would like a mixture of three options which is one, and four.

A win/loss ratio would be good for new-comers coming in and could read how good the fighter is. Such as they want to dish out a challenge, but is unsure on who to pic. They can just visit the topic, read the given names, and choose their opponnents (would be harsh on the people who had loosing streeks lol.)

I also like option four. It can show how even more powerful you are to the victims that stand before you. It could also be weighted out, as in if you have a power level of 12,000, there is no way you can whipe out a 140,000 fighter with just a basic punch. It'd bring more depth and description to the fight. It would also be nice for people who have attacks that dramatically increase their power.

Parden my grammer, im a bit off today =/

-=Modeler | Animator | Audio=-

i'd agree with ice man on that one, just rename the whole "powerlevel" thing to something more fitting, like killpower or somthing then i'd be happy :O)

Live free or die by the sword DiebytheSword's Avatar
    IM

I only used powerlevel because the term is familiar. Perhaps prestige? experience? Pwnage?
    Forum Administrator (Retired)
    Woah Oh, Standing in the Heart of Darkness, give me my life, give me my energy.
    Woah Oh, Fighting with my Heart of Madness, ease my pain, ease my loneliness.

Fight Club record: 15 wins, 0 losses, 2 fatalities
    Undefeated Moderator Champion
    16,282 xp
    Bio

Exp. The system sounds good. Plus, those who don't win fights still get more powerful. The increase should be relative to the exp of the fighters tho. The winner can add half his oppoenents Exp amount to his

Example, Engar thrashes me (which he will). I have 500 exp, he has 5000. He can add 250 (half 500) to his Exp, making him 5250. I can add, say, a tenth of his powerlevel to mine. That would make me 550.

Overall

Winner gets 1/2 of opponents exp.
    Loser gets 1/10 of opponents exp.

Fight Club

<TABLE style=filter:glow(color="#033682")><FONT COLOR="white">1 Win / 6 Losses / 2910 Exp Points</TABLE></FONT>

I came up with the Exp system ^^

Sounds good to me!
    Fight Club - Wins: 3 Losses: 1

Newbie Central + Artwork Moderator - Fight Club Referee

Fan-Fiction - If I don't plug myself, who will?

That sounds pretty good, Veji. I don't see any flaws inherent in that system; everyone gains, no one loses.

Cuc...perhaps we should just move the entire fight club to D20 IRC. lol

I don't really like any of the systems of fighter levels...I mean, I like the ideas, but they might not mesh well with our existing stuff. For example, Engar, Hwo and I have all already taken it to absurd levels in the rumble. But by those standards, I haven't been in a true fight yet, so my character would be considered weaker then the weakest, and it wouldn't make sense because clearly he is ownage personified.

Newly Converted Disciple of Xbox
    ...Adeptus Moderatus...

The way I see it is everyone should be equal on a degree.

I picked Win/loss weighted system.

I figure we could have a "Standings" thread that is stickied, and every week those standings are updated once a week. Anyone can challange anyone...

I also think, this would make a playoff possible, like top 8 players do a playoff of 3 rounds...

round one
    1 VS 8
    2 VS 7
    3 VS 6
    4 VS 5

round two

WM1 VS WM4
    WM2 VS WM3

WM = Winner of Match

Round three. Finals - BEST of FIVE

WRTM1 VS WRTM2

The champion gets a little title like "King fighter" or something, just pulling things out of my ass.

WRTM = Winner of round two match

Live free or die by the sword DiebytheSword's Avatar
    IM

Indeed, I like that system as well Veji. And it fits very well into two categories, weighted wins, and exp/power lvl.

OWA's standings idea is representitive of a few ideas kicked around for ranking, it or something like it will likely appear.
    Forum Administrator (Retired)
    Woah Oh, Standing in the Heart of Darkness, give me my life, give me my energy.
    Woah Oh, Fighting with my Heart of Madness, ease my pain, ease my loneliness.

Fight Club record: 15 wins, 0 losses, 2 fatalities
    Undefeated Moderator Champion
    16,282 xp
    Bio

Thread Information