4 new maps for gears of war

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I'm just waiting till September for these. No use in paying for them, IMO.

Best answers
I think it should be known that this is not CliffyB's decision. He wanted to make all of his content free, while Microsoft sort of forced Epic into making money off of it. It's in his blog somewhere..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I heard the guys who made Geometry Wars also wanted to make it free at first, but Microsoft forced them to make it at least really cheap.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Paying for small expansions is stupid.

Now, if Gears could have user made maps... that would be cool.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats one of the things that made farcry so good on xbox, some people could make pretty decent maps, customisation is always good. As for paying for expansion, it's nothing new, but a little money grabbing, but hey its microsoft, what do you expect?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh deal with it. What is that, 10 bucks? Please.

Support a good game for once in your life.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're not supporting the game by paying for those maps. You're supporting Microsoft. CliffyB is completely against this.

Best answers
I bought the maps and from the ones i did play wasn't impressed too much with em, a level with a generator that can be knocked out and the kryll get everyone? GREAT IDEA!...wait...bad idea, lol.

The garden level is a tiny little thing, with pesticide guarded weapons? Wtf?, what was the lvl made for annex?

Those are the only 2 i have tried so far.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm aware that paying for the maps supports Microsoft...but they are the people who invented both platforms that almost of Cliff's games exist on.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That doesn't make it any less wrong.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm aware that paying for the maps supports Microsoft...but they are the people who invented both platforms that almost of Cliff's games exist on.
I'm sorry Pride, but that's just silly.

There is no reason, absolutely no reason whatsoever to pay for these maps, when we'll get them in September for free.

You'll say, "But it's only a few bucks, I can spare 'em", but that's not the point. It's the principle of the matter. There isn't any reason to pay for the maps when you know you'll get them for free later on.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i would pay for them... if i didnt have to pay 20 dollars for a card

and its not like its completely new content or anything. they were already part of the game and should of been multiplayer maps anyways.

i'd rather have new weapons. and models.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry. I forgot which forum I was talking to for a minute there.

I paid for them because I like Gears, I like Xbox Live, and I like Microsoft.

How is that wrong?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because you're letting them rip you off, that's why.

Best answers
Theres nothing wrong with you paying for them, its your money and you choose where you want to spend it. I dont know whats up with the hate for money making companies...

Best answers
Theres nothing wrong with you paying for them, its your money and you choose where you want to spend it. I dont know whats up with the hate for money making companies...
because capitalism can be taken too far and for an already rich company (Microsoft) to want to grab even more money out of it's already poor customers (lets remind our selves how many copies of vista are released as yet another money making idea and how much they cost......)

lets also remind ourselves where Microsoft has got all it's money from, pissing on the little man's business and buying out anyone who can match them

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah well you know, Apple has put out more than triple the versions of their OS than Microsoft has. But that's not a ripoff. You pay 300 bucks for an ipod with a capacity that matches a 30 dollar thumb drive for a PC, but that's not a ripoff. You pay $3000 for a shiny new OSX computer with all the trimmings and ultimately it is just a bigger version of your ipod, when there is a Microsoft-driven equivalent for a third that price that is vastly more compatible with everything, but that's not a ripoff.

Yeah Microsoft is just a big horrible monster because it charges less money per year that World of Warcraft for the best online gaming service ever to exist, made an optional upgrade you don't have to pay for instead of pulling a Sony and forcing the price higher by including it, and expects you to pay 1/3 what you pay for Valve's graphically-inferior and massively delayed episodic content for what is essentially the same amount of map.

Yeah. Damn you Microsoft. /sarcasm

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a ripoff because it's going to be free later on. That's why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom