3dsmax8 Fat Buu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya, thats right... I got 3ds max 8!!
Ok, I started over with fat buu, check it out

Best answers
Looks alright so far, although the jaw should be a little bit wider.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well you got a better flow on the side of the head this tim around, but your going to need to do alot of re-shaping to get a workable face built from that. (unless you want to let a skin do ALL the work)

Best answers
is it true that there is a secret super cool render button in max 8 :> ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wouldnt know dont have 3dsm8.
It looks much better than your previous attempts

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growler said:
Ya, thats right... I got 3ds max 8!!
Ok, I started over with fat buu, check it out

So you bought an $800 program? Nice. You barely improved, but you did. The face is still ugly though -.- you need to try to amke your models not look bad. I guess you improved, just try harder and show us your best :X

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sean said:
So you bought an $800 program? Nice. You barely improved, but you did. The face is still ugly though -.- you need to try to amke your models not look bad. I guess you improved, just try harder and show us your best :X
Well how can he improve better? Give us some crits at least.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sean, this is your friendly, next time gets an official warning.

growler, your doing alright, and your listening. so you will improve with time and patience. try and clean up the flow as best as you can, and then make with the tummy o/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sean said:
So you bought an $800 program? Nice.

Yo Ho
Yo Ho
A pirate's life for me.

In any case, its definately showing improvement. See Growler? I told ya max would work best ^_^

Booler said:
is it true that there is a secret super cool render button in max 8 :> ?

Yes. There is. Its a pretty teapot button.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy said:
well you got a better flow on the side of the head this tim around, but your going to need to do alot of re-shaping to get a workable face built from that. (unless you want to let a skin do ALL the work)
I guess I just don't really know how to define his face more... I mean, he is just a tub of fat. Any more drawovers/crits?

Best answers
Also, getting a new program does NOT mean you will become better at modeling. Gmax and max are basicly the same, so it's just like growler moved to a more advanced version of gmax.

Looks alright there growler, I'd like to see you finish this one =].

Best answers
i agree with sean, the face could be a lot better, and look at the atenna from the top view, it looks really mis shapen

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LaHeen said:
Also, getting a new program does NOT mean you will become better at modeling. Gmax and max are basicly the same, so it's just like growler moved to a more advanced version of gmax.

Looks alright there growler, I'd like to see you finish this one =].
Wrong. I used both Gmax and 3D Max. 3D Max is more complex, but provides better visual results. Its also easier to do low-poly modeling because there is more to do. You're not limited.

Best answers
aye tis ok, but like i said before it could be a lot better, the way its lookin now its not good enough to go in game, but hey maybe ittl turn out, its just an unfinished head, btw growley you should stop posting unfinished heads, theres really not much to crit on

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TRSS said:
aye tis ok, but like i said before it could be a lot better, the way its lookin now its not good enough to go in game, but hey maybe ittl turn out, its just an unfinished head, btw growley you should stop posting unfinished heads, theres really not much to crit on
my name is ****ing Growler...

And don't tell me what I should post and what I shouldn't post, obviously there was alot to crit on judging by people's remarks further up...

@Laheen...
How can I better shape his head with the polygons I already have? I mean, he is just like a blob, so I was thinking of letting the skin do the rest... No?

also, whats the program called that let's me take parts of his model and flatten them out so I can skin them? I'd like to know

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TRSS said:
Unfinished head? Dude...it IS finished.

What the head is missing is the SKIN. The SKIN makes it look more complete.

And by the way. The only one who can call Growler "Growley" is me.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
continue, having a good start, dont stop thought. wanna see this turn out to the end...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To answer growlers question you need a uv map and you dont need another program to flatten the model. Once your finished the model just add a unwrap uvw modifier and follow this tutorial

http://waylon-art.com/uvw_tutorial/uvwtut_09.html

its for max 7 but you should be able to use the same techniques for 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom