3dsmax8 Fat Buu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
are you using smoothing groups, and make the cape only one sided :)

Best answers
thats actually lookin pritty half decent man ,gj ~_^

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow man, thats comming along really nicely D:, i just wanna say, you might wanna move the legs back just a tad, i ****ed it up on the ref :x

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks very nice, but I think he's a bit high-waisted, his gut should hang and sag more rather than floating perky like anime boobs.

3000th post, oooh yeah.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Looks very nice, but I think he's a bit high-waisted, his gut should hang and sag more rather than floating perky like anime boobs.

3000th post, oooh yeah.
I gave him the same crit a while ago and he was able to fix it once already. I dont think it'll be too difficult for him to bring the gut down a tad more.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not totally sure but, does that belt bring his stomach in in the series? i thought it just hanged loose, oh well, great model, I love it, keep up the excellent work!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
now make sure he fits the esf fat buu skeleton =P.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks really good for 1408 polies, but i'd be interested to see if any of the modelling vets have any more crits on it.

If not then allow me to pat you on the back for getting it finished! Do you work faster in Max8 than Ms3d?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
It looks really good for 1408 polies, but i'd be interested to see if any of the modelling vets have any more crits on it.

If not then allow me to pat you on the back for getting it finished! Do you work faster in Max8 than Ms3d?
Yes I work 10x faster in max8.
I already know what I have to fix.
-The insides of the ears can be skinned
-Cape has too many polygons
-Joints need to be fixed
-looping around shoulder needs to be fixed
Any other crits?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
post a shot of it w/ the esf skeleton inside it, you need to make sure it fits and fix any problems NOW rather than making it someone elses problem when you send it off to have it rigged up,

even if the model is the spitting image of said character, bad deformation could make it look horrible ingame

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMG how cute, holy **** growler good job /thumbs up.

Can't wait to skin this bishizzle.

Wanna do evil, super and kid to :D?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wheres_warren said:
OMG how cute, holy **** growler good job /thumbs up.

Can't wait to skin this bishizzle.

Wanna do evil, super and kid to :D?
We're not doing Evil Buu in BTL. Just Fat -> Super -> Gotenks/Gohan -> Kid.

He is, however, assigned to do the whole Buu series, so he'll be doing all the buus. And yes, I would like you to skin them, Wheres_. However, I have another assignment for you in the meantime so I'll PM you the details.

As for the model, yes. It looks quite nice. You've come a long way, Growley-boy! Do what nuttzy said and make sure it'll work with the skeleton. After that, give it to wheres_ for skinning. Then, while he's skinning it, start working on Super Buu. However, I was told by RT that someone is already making us a super buu so I'll double check with him. If nothing else, you can always go back to making trunks, granted you have the refs now ^_^;

I'll talk to you more about this stuff later.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
donnierisk said:
Excellent! I love it, that's a wonderful model, maybe I should use it for esf or just get BTL.
It's his model so he can do what he wants to with it. I only passed on the idea of letting us at BTL use it as our model for our Janemba class. Though he could always release it as a normal model to esf-world. the choice is up to him. I'd feel guilty taking his work without asking.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:
It's his model so he can do what he wants to with it. I only passed on the idea of letting us at BTL use it as our model for our Janemba class. Though he could always release it as a normal model to esf-world. the choice is up to him. I'd feel guilty taking his work without asking.
you're posting in the wrong thread Logan... did you take ur pills?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom