Best answers
ok 1st off Maya is beter then max get Maya and *Whoops i said the k word* and yes it a modeling program

Best answers
thats an opinion, and obviously you know nothing about modellling (directed towards freezer)

3ds max 5 is the newest version and is about $300 with a student discount.

its a program that allows you to make 3d models and animations.

www.discreet.com for ordering.

and dont talk to about kazaa or any warez here -_-

Best answers
does the 3dsmax have the .mdl foramt in it? because i have milk shape and it has a .ms3d and i tryied to take a esf model and change it by renaming it and it doesn't work y?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
simple answer... decompile it with the tools first then IMPORT it as a half life smd

Best answers
RAWR

I have 3ds max but I cant save. I know I already posted this and I am going a lil of topic but I really need help. My max AINT of kazaa!

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maya is better for making animations like movies and stuff..

anyway.. for 3dMAX.. you gotta get the SDK so you can import/export SMD. and in order to make it an mdl.. you gotta compile the QC file from which you can get by decompiling our models in ms3d.. and to make the mdl.. you gotta recompile the QC..

Best answers
nonono listin Maya is like 3d max on stairods maya has much more options but its harder to use

Best answers
Originally posted by sonic834
thats an opinion, and obviously you know nothing about modellling (directed towards freezer)

3ds max 5 is the newest version and is about $300 with a student discount.

its a program that allows you to make 3d models and animations.

www.discreet.com for ordering.

and dont talk to about kazaa or any warez here -_-
You can download trial version, then you will need to pay it after the trial is up and its the same with Maya.

Freezer 75% please don't talk about warez on these forums please its forbidden.

I think i saw 3D Studio Max selling for £400 or was it £500
can't remember.

ZuL

Best answers
Milkshape is not free either, but you can work with it for a month, then after a month, you can't save your work. After the month of trial, you can send 20 bucks to the chumbalum soft team, and you will get a key, in which you can use milkshape forever!!!

Best answers
nonono see ive worked with maya and max maya has more options trust me but max is easyer to lern but the best program is:cry:

Best answers
Originally posted by Freezer 75%
nonono see ive worked with maya and max maya has more options trust me but max is easyer to lern but the best program iscry:
You talk about KaZaa one more time i will ask a Mod to pay you a visit... KaZaa = Warez, Warez = Illegal.. And that is why its FORBIDDEN to talk about on the forums..

Just trying to tell you Freezer 75% before you get banned from the forums.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
could we please leave the moderating to moderators

Best answers
Originally posted by SSJ_ReNe
You can download trial version, then you will need to pay it after the trial is up and its the same with Maya.

Freezer 75% please don't talk about warez on these forums please its forbidden.

I think i saw 3D Studio Max selling for £400 or was it £500
can't remember.
when the trial is up do you HAVE to pay for it? and where do you get the TRIAL for 3dsmax?

Best answers
ahh the infamous battle of maya and max. I for one i am a max fanboy. Max is much better for games the maya, maya is more highpoly, if your working on ut2k3 maya is for you. Max is cheaper overall, also discreet has a partner ship with www.3dbuzz.com, its a site where these group of ppl want to supply ppl with free knowledge and quality too all for free, free video tutorials and if ure on 56k they'll send you the cds for free. Alll you have to do is register, and theres a download section and you download hours and hours of info. Also there is maya, photoshop, mapping for ut2k3, motionbuilder and alot more. I urge anyone into any 3d program or want knowledge to go there particpate.

-sorry if it went offtopic i just love this site and he urges to spread the word.Remember its all for free, not a cent dime body nothing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom