3DS Max problems.

Best answers
I'm having several problems in 3D Max. One of which is when I move using alt+mousebutton 3, everything becomes clear, and I just see like...the box around the object. Also, somtimes when I hover over the object I'm modeling, it goes into wireframe mode.

Also this is how my model looks.

[Drawing is not mine, I got it off, http://www.poopimymouth.com ]

Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Mods: I'm not sure if I'm in the correct section, as this technically modeling....but yeah.

Best answers
Oh thanks, that was simple. How do I fix the flat-shade/smooth problem?

Also when I use alt+mousebutton 3, it doesn't revolve around the selected object...I don't know what's up with that.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it wont revolve around the selected object, its designed to rotate on a certain axis. i would advise using the arc rotate function only in perspective mode, its a lot easier than user mode to control. just pan your viewport until your object is centered from different angles.

as for the shading, youve either created new polygons, or extrueded from old ones. new polygons arent assigned smoothing groups. select the polies you want in a particular group, scroll down to polygon properties, and choose a number.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
glad to see someone is at least taking the advice to go to ben mathis's site and follow them tuts

Best answers
Okay, I'm having another problem, I seem to have accidentally made a cut somewhere along the line, and now I get this:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Select the edges you want removed, press backspace. BACKSPACE.

Then weld.

Best answers
Okay, I accidentally welded a vertex, that I didn't want to be welded into a certain place, so I had to delete the edge, and now I can't figure how to close up the hole.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
use backup? :p

polygon tool, right click, create. join the dots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom