3dmark06 released

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well as some of you might know, 3dmark06 has been released and is available for download. But some of the poor small servers can't handle all the people downloading it and you might not get more than 10kb/s so I have got a torrent link here that you might want to use if you want to try the new version.

http://files3.majorgeeks.com/torrents/3DMark06_v102_installer.exe.torrent

I'm currently downloading it myself so I will post my score later, You should post your scores too :p

Be advised though, the new version has quite the system requirments:

-Minimum Intel- or AMD 2,5 Ghz processor.
-Minimum 1gb ram and 1,5 gb space.
-Must have directx 9.0c
-GFX card with atleast Shader Model 2.0

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I ran it and thought it was a waste of time tbh. It's basically an updated 05, ie, it has all the same demos that 05 had ;/ and one new one. Sure, they look nice, but it's not worth the download.

Some of the improvements are noticable (like HDR, higher quality soft shadows, etc, etc.), but it's just not worth it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
I ran it and thought it was a waste of time tbh. It's basically an updated 05, ie, it has all the same demos that 05 had ;/ and one new one. Sure, they look nice, but it's not worth the download.

Some of the improvements are noticable (like HDR, higher quality soft shadows, etc, etc.), but it's just not worth it.
Ditto. My buddy and I downloaded it at his place, its just '05 with a bit of an upgrade, not worth it at all.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
3Dmark isn't real world performance. Game benchmarks are all of that, but 3Dm does give a good indication of what you can expect fro, future games and how you could expect them to run. Let's see what users can get the highest of scores.... or e-wang ;P.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, it is a bit updated yes, but alot of the textures have been changed and are way higher quality, so are the shaders and HDR. Models have alot more polygons now aswell.

Left is 2005, Right is 2006

As you can see, the quality has been changed quite a bit. And maybe the demos content are the same, the visuals have been changed and that's what the program does. The program has not been made to have different visuals every version, but to test your pc.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, people with setups like me can be expected to get scores of below 100. I saw a screenie of someone who only got 72 with an fx5200 on a 3.4ghz socket478 p4.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Got 2466 with my AMD Athlon 64 3500 and Geforce 6800 GT @ ultra speeds.

Or in other words, it ran like crap.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dualcore 3800+ @ 1998Mhz and a geforce 7800gt and 2gb ram. It ran between 10 and 20 fps with me, except the CPU test which ran at an average 0,7 frames per second. For some reason, It wouldn't use the second core so that's why it couldn't really do that CPU test well.

My total score was somwhere near 3406.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saiyan_Overlord said:
3Dmark isn't real world performance. Game benchmarks are all of that, but 3Dm does give a good indication of what you can expect fro, future games and how you could expect them to run. Let's see what users can get the highest of scores.... or e-wang ;P.
No one exactly said it was real world performance. I get ~2100 with my 6800.

Best answers
a friend of mine got like **7900 points!** (he has the best amd X2 core and dual 7800GTX 'sli' 512mb , pretty awesome computer that b****d has indeed)

And for you experts out there i have a problem i would like you to help me with. Its about 3dmark06,when i start it my computer reboots (not when i start benchmarking when i start the program),it doesnt reboot right away,at first it starts scanning the computer as it says in that window that shows then the screen goes black and it restarts: (
Anyone that has an idea of what the problem is?

Intel Pentium 4 'Prescott' 3.07ghz (not clocked anymore)
Radeon X850XT PE 256mb [AGP]
Asus Abit
Kingston 2x512mb PC3200
450w

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Gaara* said:
a friend of mine got like **7900 points!** (he has the best amd X2 core and dual 7800GTX 'sli' 512mb , pretty awesome computer that b****d has indeed)
Not really the best, considering someone else easily broke 10k ;).
And for you experts out there i have a problem i would like you to help me with. Its about 3dmark06,when i start it my computer reboots (not when i start benchmarking when i start the program),it doesnt reboot right away,at first it starts scanning the computer as it says in that window that shows then the screen goes black and it restarts: (
Anyone that has an idea of what the problem is?

Intel Pentium 4 'Prescott' 3.07ghz (not clocked anymore)
Radeon X850XT PE 256mb [AGP]
Asus Abit
Kingston 2x512mb PC3200
450w
No idea. It's still new software, so may have some issues. But, just to sound helpful, is your PSU of high quality?

Best answers
Smith| said:
Not really the best, considering someone else easily broke 10k ;).

No idea. It's still new software, so may have some issues. But, just to sound helpful, is your PSU of high quality?
didnt mean he had the best score just that he had the "newest/best" amd dual X2 core for processor and i thought his score was high for 06: )
--
Even i can understand that but i havent heard anyone else having the same trouble:/
--
i have a 450W only 6-7 months old.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah well, I can understand you break the 10k mark if you have the 7800GTX in quadro (for people who don't know, that means having 4 GTX' cards. Which is quite alot. And alot of money. I want it too. Quadro. *sighs*)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
Yeah well, I can understand you break the 10k mark if you have the 7800GTX in quadro (for people who don't know, that means having 4 GTX' cards. Which is quite alot. And alot of money. I want it too. Quadro. *sighs*)
No, he used 'only' 2x 7800GTX 512's =P.
i have a 450W only 6-7 months old.
You didn't answer my question. Is it of high quality? But, judging by your sig (the 3dmark scores), it's probably not the PSU if your computer can get through those fine.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Sicron said:
Well you need to order a power plant with it.

Best answers
Thought i would just post that i solved the problem i had earlier with 3dmark06.

If your computer reboots when you start 3dmark06 just unplug your external devices and it will work.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2x X1900 cards in crossfire > 7800GTX 512 SLI. X1900 cards have 3 shaders per pixel pipline, maknig a total of 48 shder units. These tests also shows that it is not so far behind a X1800 crossfire setup, so two of these in a crossfire setup will pwn jsut about anything on earth. G71 is still on it's way but for the latter, who is really going to care when both cards will offer good stocking performance for today's games. I'd be waiting though for the later part of the year when DX10 cards start pumping out just to be ready for vista & DX10 gaming as no one can always fork out a lot of money in a short period of time (find my someone that can, an average human being, and i'll be suprised).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The 1900 looks to come in somewhere between two 1800s and the single 1800. Considering they said that the standard 6-pin connector didnt provide enough power, Im not sure how youd ever hook up two at the same time in crossfire, let alone have the buying power to actually afford two of them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
The 1900 looks to come in somewhere between two 1800s and the single 1800. Considering they said that the standard 6-pin connector didnt provide enough power, Im not sure how youd ever hook up two at the same time in crossfire, let alone have the buying power to actually afford two of them.
The 1900 cards (assuming they're all processed similar) will only excell when there's many pixel shaders at use, otherwise, it'll be just about like a normal 16 pipe card, so you can't really compare it when it'll differ so vastly from game to game.

Anywho, I don't remember this topic being about 1900 vs the 7800 cards.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Somebody brought it up. Discussion ensued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom