3d Terrain Pieces

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I made these in terragen. they are the same piece modified sligtly each time.
if anyone wants a link to the program i'll post, and i'll try to explain some things if you want to try.

edit-http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/

i like the last one the best, its perty :)
make some good loading screens for w3 maps,
gonna go get Vue... its better, like proffesional cinematic style.

ok, my desktop, i did a little lightning and camera adjustments, plus upped the resolution.

433762 quadrilaterals.
14:13 render time.

woot..
edit

its like a big icey island, all the waters frozen.

Best answers
The third one looks completely real. I couldn't tell the difference from that and a real one. I wish i knew how to do that. I think some of my friends know how to do that really well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the mountains look funky because i made the canyon effect way to high, i thought it would be more... well... like a canyon, not just really damn high.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kasey said:
The third one looks completely real. I couldn't tell the difference from that and a real one. I wish i knew how to do that. I think some of my friends know how to do that really well.
just be lazy and follow the link that guy posted.. download terragen and you are 3 mouseclicks away from creating such an image..

i dont consider it artwork and i dont like it, even for terragen, these look horrible. is this your first try on this?
you didnt use textures on the surface, no after-touchup.. nothing.

just a plain render straight out of a "click-and-your-a-leet-artist" program.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
none of them look particularly real o_O the specular levels are wrong on most of the "dry" area's, as well as the diffuse, they look plasticky. the water doesnt look real either, because its all the same level of rippling. where you should have higher in some area's and almost flat in others.

also, the shadows dont fall naturally either, theres too much black and white, clear as crystal heres a shadow, here is the light. when actually there should be a lot of places where its hazy, and not quite either light or dark.

that and the program requires you to make 0 effort. so you get a 0/10

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Seriously, you should atleast edit them abit to show some effort. The ice around that last one looks nothing like ice should.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Couldn't help myself but look in here,

Wow!! There's some really realistic water!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i cant help it, theres like no control over how the terrain 'generates' i draw in something then i click ok and it distorts everything and like creates it randomly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
i cant help it, theres like no control over how the terrain 'generates' i draw in something then i click ok and it distorts everything and like creates it randomly.
Actually, you can apply various effects to make the terrain look jagged, smooth, bumpy, or whatever you like. Plus you can alter surface maps to change the look of the terrain. You can also manually create the terrain yourself without randomly generating it.

Best answers
god...terreblabla..i don't even know how to spell it.

terreblabla is the defenition of pure evil- and lazyness.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeh its kinda Lazy.
But still it somehow has something.
Cause you can really make some nice landscape Backgrounds or try to recreate and place where you went before.
And add some PS effects like lightning and such stuff.

Too Bad that is not FREE Roaming thru the world where is randomly created .That would own. Even if its and empty land.

Best answers
I like the mountains and stuff but think work better with a lord of the rings game.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
old program (been out for some months now that i know off) but great non the less :p however, it seems i cant make any shots with alot of water on it....program crashes then >.<

SSJGoku83 said:
Too Bad that is not FREE Roaming thru the world where is randomly created .That would own. Even if its and empty land.
your pc wouldnt be able to handle it, this requires more strength of your pc than hl2, battlefield 2 and doom 3 combined if you could free roam...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea. my simpler maps had like 400,000+ quadrilaterals.

thats alot of loading.

I'm trying to get Vue. Its much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom